The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So... SWTOR isn't Windows 10 compatible?

Katkon

Why going to Windows 10 when 100% of the specialized review tells the gamer to not migrate to it ? And for numerous reasons ...

There is no differences between Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 in term of raw performances (people who says the contrary lies) but in term of problems, they are numerous: issue with games compatibility, hardware not recognized, etc etc

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-verdict-is-in-on-windows-10-gaming-performance-compatibility/

And people going on about "compatibility" of games and hardware are lying too.

Windows 10 works natively with anything thrown at it - sure it might have some issues with 10 year old hardware, but that's the hardware's fault, not the OS.

And even if there is an issue, drop into compatibility mode and everything is fine.

There is no reason not to use Windows 10. SWTOR is certainly not a reason not to use it.

I honestly cannot remember the last time Win10 crashed on me full stop. It is just so damn stable.

I was an early adopter of windows 10. The only issue I had was with my audio driver. I reinstalled the existing driver and it worked. Been running SWTOR on Win10 ever since without any issues windows 10 or driver related.

And in fact SWTOR performance was improved by going to Win10.

Every PC in my house runs Win7 pro. If it ain't broke.... ;) I've heard/read waaaaay to many horror stories about Win 10 & gaming, program compatibility, & privacy issue. I got trust issues....so when a multi billion dollar company suddenly wants to give everybody a free copy of their latest product, I see red flags. Y'all mf's up to something slick.... I also have no desire to be MS glorified beta tester. ;)

Every PC in my house runs Win7 pro. If it ain't broke.... ;) I've heard/read waaaaay to many horror stories about Win 10 & gaming, program compatibility, & privacy issue. I got trust issues....so when a multi billion dollar company suddenly wants to give everybody a free copy of their latest product, I see red flags. Y'all mf's up to something slick.... I also have no desire to be MS glorified beta tester. ;)

A few things:

1. MS is "giving away" Windows 10 because their upgrade market was never big, most people get Windows when they buy a computer. MS is trying to avoid another Windows XP with Windows 7, where no one wants to leave it.

2. MS is counting on the "Windows Store" to become a source of income to offset lower Windows payments.

3. Hearing "horror" stories is not hard, people like to complain. Notice how many replies are in this thread saying "works great on 10, no problems"? Yea, lots.

4. Privacy is indeed a concern with Windows 10, it does keep track of everything you search for and everything you say to Cortana. Of course, so does Google. :)

5. Windows 7 is in extended support mode for another 4 years, it won't last you forever, just like XP is well beyond its "use by date".

6. Windows 10 has had its first service pack, and it was a good one (the Fall Update). It is well beyond "beta stage" now.