The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware just got MASSIVELY called out on the new Cartel Packs... by Massively

DustyDemonNinja

in fairness it's a lot easier to see rising costs with breakfest for people then in a video game. cause "Pixals are free!" nevermind that people need to program those pixals.

On the other hand, there's not really any connection between what it takes to program those pixels, the production of more copies of those pixels (functionally infinite and free), the rarity of those pixels, and how those pixels change hands between players in exchange for faux-currency inside the game.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently learned that the restaurant where I eat breakfast everyday raised the price of my breakfast (well, everyone's breakfast, I guess) from $8.18 to $8.74 (local sales tax included). The content of the breakfast didn't change. By some players' definition, my favorite restaurant has scammed me. I no longer get the same value for my money. How silly of me to just accept that "stuff changes" rather than throwing a tantrum.
I should clarify the clear intent of my anecdote since I clearly was not clear. I should have added a quote to the post that prompted the story: a post that accuses EA/BW of malfeasance for devaluing the new crates vis-à-vis the old crates (sorry, too lazy to find it this morning). The gist being that we were not getting our money's worth based on what we used to get. My comment was not directed at either the "value" or "fundamental necessity" of videogames.

My breakfast analogy (which is true, by the way) was clumsy and, for that, I apologize. The intended point is that vendors tweak "value" on a regular basis. Allegedly, we cannot get the same "value" of packs now that we used to get for the same CC. I can't get the same breakfast now for the same money. Yeah ... really clumsy.

I know you have options when looking for analogies and I promise to do better next time. We at Thorco thank you for your patronage.

Edited by Thoronmir

So Mr. Fancypants QQ'd in a blog like 'article' on a MMO website rather than on the forums like the dozens of other people who're upset with the new packs, big whoop?

Does he consider there's people who DO like the new lightsaber? Does he consider that while for him personally the Chance Cubes are a slap in the face, many newer players ENJOY getting all these older titles/mounts/pets etc. from the cubes because for the newer players they're items they didn't have yet?

Nope none of that matters to Mr. Fancypants. His article is nothing but a big "Wah wah I'm an entitled veteran player and I couldn't get my hands on the new lightsaber that actually isn't even as awesome as it should be and chance cubes are beneath me because I already have everything they drop. Meet my standards BW because I'm a long time fan and therefore I matter more than other players."

I mean, I completely understand not everyone is satisfied. I understand that for veteran players or all the 'been here since beta man look at me!' people it sucks to get so many chance cubes with items they have no interest in but there's also a less vocal group of people who DO enjoy the new packs and the chance cubes, who do think the new lightsaber is awesome, who are satisfied with their purchase and who knew the gamble they took when buying the new packs.

At the end of the day everyone's dollar counts for the same whether they're been investing them into this game for years or just a month and as long as that money keeps coming, BW isn't gonna stress tantrums like this article or the many QQ threads.