Darth Baras and the Willsaams

OldVengeance

I was watching a playthrough of The Sith Warrior story on Alderaan and I noticed there is a way to convince Baras that the option to spare them is worthwhile. Somehow I'd never seen that before. Was that always the case? When I spared her parents back in my original playthrough I initially told him I sent her parents to him, and then he did his "Excellent, now I can torture them" line and weirdly I only had two dialogue options which were both darkside choices to agree with him. That wasn't what I wanted, so I eventually just figured I could just say "I handled it."

I watched a bunch of Lightside playthroughs and noticed they had a third option which resulted in LS points where you can suggest they should not be tortured.

Was that there at the start? Did I experience a bug? Or was it because I didn't specifically promise them riches? Or is it because I was darkside so I somehow don't get that Lightside option?

Edited by OldVengeance

I was watching a playthrough of The Sith Warrior story on Alderaan and I noticed there is a way to convince Baras that the option to spare them is worthwhile. Somehow I'd never seen that before. Was that always the case? When I spared her parents back in my original playthrough I initially told him I sent her parents to him, and then he did his "Excellent, now I can torture them" line and weirdly I only had two dialogue options which were both darkside choices to agree with him. That wasn't what I wanted, so I eventually just figured I could just say "I handled it."

I watched a bunch of Lightside playthroughs and noticed they had a third option which resulted in LS points where you can suggest they should not be tortured.

Was that there at the start? Did I experience a bug? Or was it because I didn't specifically promise them riches? Or is it because I was darkside at the time so I somehow don't get that Lightside option?

It was a long time since I played the SW story, but I remember I was a LS leaning SW and I vaguely remember that Darth Baras did not torture Jaesa's parents. I think your alignment as a DS SW affected the options given to you. The SW's storyline options is very in tune to the SW's alignment, so its not far fetched that certain options or actions are locked as per your alignment.

It might have been affected by dialogue choices you had made before then, like if you threatened them repeatedly, the option to help them may not have been available.

I sent Jaesa's parents to live like royalty in Dromund Kaas. There's also an option to tell them that they'll be regular citizens there, and depending on which one you pick, you get different messages from them. With the royalty one, the dad is glad they left and the mom is coming around to the idea, and with the other one, the parents basically say they went from being Republic servants to Imperial servants, so why'd they bother leaving in the first place?

I told the Wilsaams they would be Imperial servants, then at the next choice I said they'd live like royalty. Then when talking to Baras, I said do what you want with them, my intention was to trick them all along. I got a foreboding letter from the Wilsaams saying DK's lightning scares the wife and they were about to meet Darth Baras. Then I made Jaesa light side, and she said her parents were living well and happy in DK. So Baras didn't end up torturing them for some reason.

I told the Wilsaams they would be Imperial servants, then at the next choice I said they'd live like royalty. Then when talking to Baras, I said do what you want with them, my intention was to trick them all along. I got a foreboding letter from the Wilsaams saying DK's lightning scares the wife and they were about to meet Darth Baras. Then I made Jaesa light side, and she said her parents were living well and happy in DK. So Baras didn't end up torturing them for some reason.

I always thought that letter indicated a not-so-happy ending for the Willsaams even if you opted to spare them. I can't remember Jaesa mentioning them afterwards but it's interesting to know she does so. It's been a while since I've played the warrior story.

I always thought that letter indicated a not-so-happy ending for the Willsaams even if you opted to spare them. I can't remember Jaesa mentioning them afterwards but it's interesting to know she does so. It's been a while since I've played the warrior story.

I initially thought that too, but Darth Baras can tell her "Your parents are alive and thriving on Dromunnd Kaas, they'll be so pleased to know you are safe" if you specifically introduce her to him.

She replies "Please tell them I have never been happier."

Edited by OldVengeance

I only remember butchering the entire castle guard and then telling them moments later that I came in peace.

To be fair that is a problem that all stories in the game suffer quite heavily from. No matter if you are a lightsided Sith, Smuggler or even Jedi all the missions basically go.

1.) Barge in through the front door.

2.) Slaughter a few dozen of unnamed mooks with exreme predjudice.

3.) Meet named Npc.

4.) Tell her/him you don't want this to end in violence and just want to solve this peacefully.

5.) ??????

6.) Profit.

Edited by fovzwk