Group Ranked Arena Guides - How To Beat Comps / Teams on EH!

revcrisis

There's been a lot of new teams coming to Ebon Hawk and queuing group ranked. This is great for the ranked community and has provided some good competition. I've been asked by a few teams on tips / tactics on how to beat certain comps/teams on EH. Guides will come, but the golden rule is this: you must pressure the other team into playing defensively. Once you successfully do this in the round, the enemy team's DPS will significantly drop, their healer will be strained to maintain positive resources, and you will be able to secure the first kill. Edited by revcrisis

Your guide lacks the parts about fighting on the bridge on Makeb or making sure their tank has this offhand.

Again, why don't you guys actually queue instead of hiding and only PvPing on Forums? Or are you just reverting to your old ways of hiding as soon as you lose (in Preseason no less) and only playing Yolo Ranked?

He's just having a reversioncrisis :p

Real talk: I only get on this game to play group ranked. I don't do anything else on it anymore after my original guildmates all pretty much quit. But I'd like to gear out other toons that are actually good at yolos for once the season starts up and so I appreciate any teams that queue and give me the opportunity to farm some comms.

Because I have no friends and queuing solo for regs makes me sad on the inside. :(

Real talk: I only get on this game to play group ranked. I don't do anything else on it anymore after my original guildmates all pretty much quit. But I'd like to gear out other toons that are actually good at yolos for once the season starts up and so I appreciate any teams that queue and give me the opportunity to farm some comms.

Because I have no friends and queuing solo for regs makes me sad on the inside. :(

Baby, you're always welcome to pvp with us. We would love to have you.

I don't understand, instead of arguing like children about who's better, if only 2 teams are willing to queue up, why don't you guys swap players around to try to make the matches more interesting? Its not like it really matters who wins if you guys are the only ones queueing.

I don't understand, instead of arguing like children about who's better, if only 2 teams are willing to queue up, why don't you guys swap players around to try to make the matches more interesting? Its not like it really matters who wins if you guys are the only ones queueing.

Kandel stop being a negative nancy, I for one enjoy the concept of team identity in ranked, ranked shouldn't be kickball ******** where everyone tries to "balance teams" for fairness, it should be about teams beating the **** out of each other and constantly improving themselves to beat the other(s).

I'm personally annoyed at when people blame ranked teams for farming the kickball ranked events and how they are being unfair, when TEAM RANKED is about TEAMS, IN RANKED. If people want to play ranked without teams, Yolos are perfectly adequate.

Someone who knows something about sports can insert a sports example here.

Classic, left out the wins?

Also, I love how when you invited me to your stronghold you made it sound like you just wanted to "test some stuff out" and you definitely didn't say you were recording. You made it sound like it was, "just for fun" LOL, I didn't have 1v1 utilities or new stims, no adrenals, or medpacks, I went into it having no idea. Very two-faced of you dude.

Once again a perfect example of someone posting only their side... But it's also once again a perfect example of how big of a deal it is to beat a NSN member, so I guess I'm flattered.

Rydarus, I'd love to duel you again, when I know it's being taken very seriously. Whisper me in game.

PS: Love the keyboard turns.

Sure, I'll duel you again, same rules, no sap heals, no comps, go nuts on everything else, but I just want to know this:

How does a Champion of the Scoundrels, lose to a GUARDIAN, on ANY day of the week? Like, serious. I don't get it.

Scoundrels dominate every single 1v1 tournament, if you lose to anything NOT a scoundrel, on a scoundrel, you are doing it wrong.

(Unless you're ruffian, but wait, people play that spec in PvP?)

EDIT: the entire video is infact on my twitch. You won when you started sap healing after I beat you twice when you couldn't sap, and the rounds where you won, I got stuck in geometry (again, all of this is on the stream.) you also ran like an idiot when Mina wanted to duel you without you sap healing, so lulz.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

What is the point of it when you have at most 5 teams in any given season? Sports also have things like leagues and a large pool of competition to ensure you have good games. Ranked in this game is the equivalent of throwing the 5th grade girls team (sorry sexism) in with the pros. ELO only works with a huge population, which we don't have.

If people really wanted to make a great ranked community, they'd probably all head to the same server, but that never really works because everyone wants to be the big fish in the small pond, not the small fish in the big pond, so instead what you have is a small snippy community that forms cliques and petty rivalries over literally nothing, while the majority never queue because they can't even get games against teams they could even have a hope of beating, and nobody wants to play just to get their heads beat in.

And sorry, I can't help but be negative about this game lately, I'm just really angry EA essentially has a monopoly on Star Wars games. It blows.

Having faced off against most of the teams on the server I'm confident that if you guys fielded a solid team you would do well.

Of course that would require that you actually gear up and take interest in pvp, which is (to be brutally honest) asking a lot at this point.

Classic, left out the wins?

Also, I love how when you invited me to your stronghold you made it sound like you just wanted to "test some stuff out" and you definitely didn't say you were recording. You made it sound like it was, "just for fun" LOL, I didn't have 1v1 utilities or new stims, no adrenals, or medpacks, I went into it having no idea. He even asked that I don't sap heal for fun... Very two-faced of you dude.

Once again a perfect example of someone posting only their side... But it's also a perfect example of how big of a deal it is to these people to beat a NSN member, so I guess I'm flattered.

Rydarus, I'd love to duel you again, when I know it's being taken very seriously. Whisper me in game.

PS: Love the keyboard turns.

PS: I love the keyboard turns too, makes it even more embarrassing when people lose to me.

:rak_03:

Fun fact, I also play with a trackpad, on a laptop, and never touch the mouse. Guildies can confirm. :rak_03:

Having faced off against most of the teams on the server I'm confident that if you guys fielded a solid team you would do well.

Of course that would require that you actually gear up and take interest in pvp, which is (to be brutally honest) asking a lot at this point.

lol yeah, I'm more into Pokemon lately, picked up Omega Ruby, its crazy to think I've been playing these games for 18 years and they're still good. Mildly interested in Pokemon GO but I don't know really what its going to be like yet and I normally steer clear of mobile (well, phone mobile) games. I basically just log in now to be available if people want to raid, and to chat with friends.

The small things are what really drove me away from this game, like not having a proper green crystal or hood down robe forever when it launched, then releasing them only on the cash shop... crap like that, it builds up, and you start to hate the company that makes the game. They made a pretty penny off me but eh, in the long run they only got what anyone who had the Star Wars license would have, and I'm probably never going to touch an EA game again.

I'm not worried about how I'd do if I made a team, its more a case of, there's so few people left, and the population is only going to get smaller, this is where we should learn to appreciate those of us who are still around and try to get along, not draw lines in the sand over the small stuff. I was on a server that was dying fast before the first big server merges back in 2012... and we're not there yet, but its starting to feel similar to how it started on that server.

Just a PSA: Mace informed us he was quitting our current ranked team to focus more on other things. Which is why the last time we played a few nights ago we were running an undergeared sentinel who hadn't played in months. However, he said he'd be down to play a few matches tonight after 10:30 server time as a send off. He especially wants some Nexu action. So if anyone has teams together then, holla.

Just a PSA: Mace informed us he was quitting our current ranked team to focus more on other things. Which is why the last time we played a few nights ago we were running an undergeared sentinel who hadn't played in months. However, he said he'd be down to play a few matches tonight after 10:30 server time as a send off. He especially wants some Nexu action. So if anyone has teams together then, holla.

Freelo, we will try and queue.

Freelo, we will try and queue.

Our performance last night was rather...*puts on sunglasses* lukewarm.

I'm just glad I had teammates to carry me and I wasn't solo. My eyes were itching the whole time.

Sorry, no lame puns for Jeryx.