Slicing nodes broken, giving way too many credits since 4.1

paperstop

Slicing is actually back to what it's supposed to be, what it was at launch - it's actually profitable.

I find running around competing over nodes a horrible waste of time and tedious, but if people want to do so, let them. Nothing is "broken".

I like to be able to grab the nodes while I'm doing dailies or whatever in that area anyway. It does bug me to be repeatedly beaten to nodes that look available by stealth class characters or their companions... companions with plain default gear, mind you...

However, I don't usually go to an area just to farm nodes. I have better things to do with my game time.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an army that only exists in your mind. give us proof that there is a problem before demanding changes. bioware can see if there is a problem much better than you. they arent pulling the data out of their asses.

go to the planets with lots of slicing nodes, there are tons of credit farmer bots teleporting all over the place.

also watch the price of credits drop every day from the spammers, they can't sell the credits fast enough so they have to drop their price to keep generating the sales needed to unload the massive amount of credits.

go to the planets with lots of slicing nodes, there are tons of credit farmer bots teleporting all over the place.

also watch the price of credits drop every day from the spammers, they can't sell the credits fast enough so they have to drop their price to keep generating the sales needed to unload the massive amount of credits.

tons.....and why do I see players speeding around doing quests and picking up slicing nodes? if there is this vast army of bots getting them the instant they spawn?(my toons on those planets have arch or bio, not slicing) funny how you are the only one seeing this army, you might want to talk to someone about that.

he is doing his usual attacks to keep his credit farming business intact, just like every time there is a way for the non gtn whales to make headway. its almost like it is a real money business for him.

How you get your credits is of no concern to me, if anything this is making me in game rich than ever before. An example just this morning ... Volatile conqueror saber I usually sellf or 700k-1mill I got 2.5 mill for ... rare gold items are increasing in price and just so happens I have tons of these so by all means let the bots roll on and let the people that buy from the gold sellers make me 100's of millions more credits.

However from a actual unbias position it's easy to see the actual harm this does to the game, we know they aren't or can't do anything to stop the bots thus they need to do something to the incentive which is the nodes.

No slicer needs these nodes, they can make more credits in sliced parts than arguably any other gathering skill can selling their materials.

If we are going to question motivation we should question why you seem so determined to defend these nodes when people seem to continually point out actual palyers can earn more doing heroics ...

[/map hacks happen in wz's also. the devs have the ability to stop them. if they choose to QUOTE]

Ah ok you're a dev now and you know they are basically "choosing" not to fix these bugs. Good to know. :rolleyes:

Prior to 4.1 slicing nodes gave a white quality lockbox and you got 1 extra if your slicing skill was high vs the node level. If you got lucky you might receive a green or blue quality lockbox from a node which gave more credits. You received about 3k-5k on average from a high level node.

After 4.1 every node now gives the blue quality lockbox which has the highest amount of credits. On top of that if your skill level is high nodes are giving up to 2 additional blue quality lockboxes. You receive about 12k-14k on average from a high level node.

who complains about this?

listen to this guy's advice:

shhhhhhhh.....

I'm not complaining xD
Edited by Falensawino

Why players can't have an option to spend their gametime (and lifetime) on farming? BW did many good things with SWTOR lately, so i even subscribed. It is actually fun to play when you have no shortage of creds for unlocking all useful character perks and HK-51 for every character. Yes i can do make a ton of creds from every my maxed-out crafter. Yes i can do heroics and dailies. But i like to have an alternative. Actually, all gathering skills give you way more stuff than before.

tons.....and why do I see players speeding around doing quests and picking up slicing nodes? if there is this vast army of bots getting them the instant they spawn?(my toons on those planets have arch or bio, not slicing) funny how you are the only one seeing this army, you might want to talk to someone about that.

They aren't farming arch and bio, hence why you don't see them. If you have slicing these bots unstealth or teleport then you can see them just take off across the map after slicing. Sometimes they get bugged up at a respawn area when they somehow die.

A quick look on youtube shows this, it isn't hard.

lots of evidence in the 26 threads of this forum post. also on reddit and other sites.

fortunately it is not my duty in life to read them for you.

evidence is not someone saying "OMG!!! I just saw 10 thousand bot march by collecting mats!!"

real numbers will do just fine. you claim there is an army, but no one but the people that want slicing nerfed can see them..amazing

How you get your credits is of no concern to me, if anything this is making me in game rich than ever before. An example just this morning ... Volatile conqueror saber I usually sellf or 700k-1mill I got 2.5 mill for ... rare gold items are increasing in price and just so happens I have tons of these so by all means let the bots roll on and let the people that buy from the gold sellers make me 100's of millions more credits.

However from a actual unbias position it's easy to see the actual harm this does to the game, we know they aren't or can't do anything to stop the bots thus they need to do something to the incentive which is the nodes.

No slicer needs these nodes, they can make more credits in sliced parts than arguably any other gathering skill can selling their materials.

If we are going to question motivation we should question why you seem so determined to defend these nodes when people seem to continually point out actual palyers can earn more doing heroics ...

Ah ok you're a dev now and you know they are basically "choosing" not to fix these bugs. Good to know. :rolleyes:

how much of that money is coming from heroics and how much from slicing?

and the devs have banned people for using maphacks in pvp in the past...so they can do it if they chose to spend the time.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

They aren't farming arch and bio, hence why you don't see them. If you have slicing these bots unstealth or teleport then you can see them just take off across the map after slicing. Sometimes they get bugged up at a respawn area when they somehow die.

A quick look on youtube shows this, it isn't hard.

I can see the slicing nodes sitting right there and someone rides up on a speeder and collects them...not a bot. if the bots were harvesting them as fast as the spawned that would not be happening.

proof of an economy breaking exploit will show up the same way it showed up last time, with a massive drop in the price of credits from the spammers. the price has dropped every day this week.

Could you please provide us with your in depth study of the price drops from these gold sellers. Names and advertised prices and dates would be a nice start.

Could you please provide us with your in depth study of the price drops from these gold sellers. Names and advertised prices and dates would be a nice start.

i'm not going to give them free advertising by saying their names

just watch the spammers, watch the sites.

how much of that money is coming from heroics and how much from slicing?

and the devs have banned people for using maphacks in pvp in the past...so they can do it if they chose to spend the time.

Heroics income have been around since 4.0 dropped. The GTN inflation has picked up a lot since 4.1.

Anecdotal evidence points towards slicing being the major contributor.

As to banning bots ... how do you know they aren't and just not keeping up?

Even then if you have to do it manually it's going to be rather futile considering how easily the people who code these things can bring them back again.

We also don't know what criteria is required to put forward a ban ... there could have been a lot of evidence required to ban the PVP cheaters and to gather a similar amount to ban bots ( to ensure they aren't real players with connections issues or what not ) that are going to back minutes/hours later is just not going to be worth the effort compared to just removing the concept of nodes as we know it or changing how they work.

After all people are saying there is more than enough credits to be made just by playing the game so there is really no need to put bot bait in to the game like this. Heck even if they could lock it behind actually killing an enemy ( like bioanalysis ) that would certainly be a good way to gate out automation.

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

i'm not going to give them free advertising by saying their names

just watch the spammers, watch the sites.

That and it would get you banned heh.

But yeah fleet chat demonstrates this clearly - you know something is going on within game when their price starts dropping rapidly - last time it was the dupe exploit.

I can see the slicing nodes sitting right there and someone rides up on a speeder and collects them...not a bot. if the bots were harvesting them as fast as the spawned that would not be happening.

some botters know how to teleport from node to node and some travel normally. both methods increase inflation due to the way these slicing nodes give straight credits and lots of it. this would not have nearly the terrible effect if it gave resources instead.

i just found this quote from a hacker website, i won't say the name of the website

START OF QUOTE

"I am looking for profile(s) that let me gather and open these small credboxes on Yavin 4.

If someone already have some profiles around,it would be AWESOME to get ma´ Hands on it.

If not i am willing to kick out a lil´ Donation for a good Profile!! "

END OF QUOTE

some botters know how to teleport from node to node and some travel normally. both methods increase inflation due to the way these slicing nodes give straight credits and lots of it. this would not have nearly the terrible effect if it gave resources instead.

i just found this quote from a hacker website, i won't say the name of the website

START OF QUOTE

"I am looking for profile(s) that let me gather and open these small credboxes on Yavin 4.

If someone already have some profiles around,it would be AWESOME to get ma´ Hands on it.

If not i am willing to kick out a lil´ Donation for a good Profile!! "

END OF QUOTE

so anyone collecting a node is a bot for you? that might explain your phantom army.

so anyone collecting a node is a bot for you? that might explain your phantom army.

a "profile" is their name for the bot instructions to farm an area. i think that particular bot doesn't teleport and would appear normal yet does it 24 hours a day

but there are other bots that teleport from node to node and generate tons more

all of this exploiting is possible because of the terrible game design of these nodes giving out tons of credits. at this point the only way to fix it would be to replace the loot with resources of some kind. anything instead of straight credits.

a "profile" is their name for the bot instructions to farm an area. i think that particular bot doesn't teleport and would appear normal yet does it 24 hours a day

but there are other bots that teleport from node to node and generate tons more

all of this exploiting is possible because of the terrible game design of these nodes giving out tons of credits. at this point the only way to fix it would be to replace the loot with resources of some kind. anything instead of straight credits.

you have absolutely no idea what the game design is. the fix could be simple, you have no idea, as you have never seen the code. Unless you are on the staff at bioware austin? you are just dead set on nerfing slicing for some reason.

you have absolutely no idea what the game design is. the fix could be simple, you have no idea, as you have never seen the code. Unless you are on the staff at bioware austin? you are just dead set on nerfing slicing for some reason.

i made a post several pages back in this thread explaining how it's usually not practical to stop teleporting and speedhacking in 3d games and easy to stop in 2d games and some of the reasons why. therefore the easy way to fix it is to remove this easy source of credits for the bots.