Does Anyone Think "Shadow of Revan" Was Meant to Be a Stealth Pun?

NekoAggelou

The thread's title explains its purpose, but not why:

About a year ago, I recalled that "umbra" is not only Latin for "shadow," but also for "ghost" (with connotations of being evil or vengeful–a revenant–which I figured fit post-Foundry Revan spot-on); this led me to believe that whoever formulated the name for the expansion had that in mind when they came up with it.

Do you think that sounds likely, and has that thought crossed your mind before?

Edited by NekoAggelou

About a year ago, I recalled that "umbra" is not only Latin for "shadow," but also for "ghost" (with connotations of being evil or vengeful, which I figured fit post-Foundry Revan spot-on); this led me to believe that whoever formulated the name for the expansion had that in mind when they came up with it.

The moment I finished battling him and what happened happened, yeah, I thought that. ;)

Edited by BenduKundalini

I really hope so, else I have a better justification for my never-too-fondness of the expansion name.

Personally, I either rolled by eyes or groaned when I saw Revan's class in Temple of Sacrifice.

"Dark Revenant." Every part of me knew that it was a pun on Revan's name.

About a year ago, I recalled that "umbra" is not only Latin for "shadow," but also for "ghost" (with connotations of being evil or vengeful–a revenant–which I figured fit post-Foundry Revan spot-on); this led me to believe that whoever formulated the name for the expansion had that in mind when they came up with it.

I figured it out right away. I even explained it (the whole live Revan/Force Ghost Revan) to someone several months ago.

I didn't know that at all.

1) It's pretty cool you did.

2) You're a dang nerd.

3) They are all liars claiming they "knew it all along ;)

I don't think it's a pun as much as it is a product of how many Sith names are created.

You start with an evil or nasty-sounding word (like "revanant") and then you tweak it and put "Darth" or "Lord" in front.

Insidious = Darth Sidious

Revanant = Darth Revan

Hemorrhage = Lord Morrhage (from the Consular story)

Lacrimal = Darth Lachris

Thanatos = Darth Thanaton

...and so on.