New lightsaber animations for jedi/sith? I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE WISHING THIS!

JediMasterAliria

Okay, I have seen this topic being mentioned before, but I am going to bring it to light again. I just cant help but feel not like a real jedi when im playing JK, sentinel especially. I feel like when i activate a lightsaber form.. you should really feel like its a lightsaber form and its attack animations should differ from one another.

I think that the jedi guardians is just right for soresu, but take Attaru for example, this is my own personal favourite and i feel like it should maybe be one lightsaber as a reverse grip? (as seen as they have added the shoto lightsaber to the game) Ahsoka tano is a great inspiration for this style, more acrobatic more agile not so clunky and stand still and wave my light stick around till something dies kinda play.. i don't know how they would put this into the game as im not a game designer or whatever, but surely it wouldn't be to hard as just a cosmetic update to these abilities.

I would really like to hear how other people feel? and maybe get the devs to hear this! :p x

Edited by JediMasterAliria

I'm not opposed to this idea, but it's a little much to ask the devs to completely re-work all of the animations to account for a reverse grip. It would require a lot of time and effort that quite frankly I'm not sure the devs have right now.

And as a fun bit of trivia, Ashoka actually practiced form v shien rather than form iv ataru. ;)

Okay, I have seen this topic being mentioned before, but I am going to bring it to light again. I just cant help but feel not like a real jedi when im playing JK, sentinel especially. I feel like when i activate a lightsaber form.. you should really feel like its a lightsaber form and its attack animations should differ from one another.

I think that the jedi guardians is just right for soresu, but take Attaru for example, this is my own personal favourite and i feel like it should maybe be one lightsaber as a reverse grip? (as seen as they have added the shoto lightsaber to the game) Ahsoka tano is a great inspiration for this style, more acrobatic more agile not so clunky and stand still and wave my light stick around till something dies kinda play.. i don't know how they would put this into the game as im not a game designer or whatever, but surely it wouldn't be to hard as just a cosmetic update to these abilities.

I would really like to hear how other people feel? and maybe get the devs to hear this! :p x

It wouldnt make much sense lorewise. Revered lightsaber is used for Shien. Ahsoka uses reverse sabers because her lightsaber form is Shien, not because she dual-wields (she used reverse even when she was single-wielded). Ataru requires regular lightsaber, because it focuses on full offensive. Shien is easier with reverse saber because it focuses on deflecting and retaliating and reverse saber is designed for that (it is rather uncommon to use regular saber with Shien, like Anakin did).

I've been throwing this idea out in forums for a while and all I get from the community is "They can't even add dual saber animations in cutscenes (like a sentinel/marauder), how do you expect them to take that on?" lol which is sadly true but I STILL WANT IT!! I hate the JK saber while running animation.

I agree. Ataru form doesn't feel as acrobatic as it should. Hell, the flip of Cauterize from Watchman is more acrobatic. I also can't stand the animation (and lack of impact) of Blade Rush and find Slash much more appealing.

I never understood why these forms had to get japanese sounding names. Why not aztec sounding names ?

Well, consider Jedi are loosely based on Shaolin Monks, I'm not surprised the names of the forms has an Asian flair to them.

Edited by KLGChaos

I've been throwing this idea out in forums for a while and all I get from the community is "They can't even add dual saber animations in cutscenes (like a sentinel/marauder), how do you expect them to take that on?" lol which is sadly true but I STILL WANT IT!! I hate the JK saber while running animation.

I guess you mean Jedi Guardian's saber holding. I get it if you think Juggernauts look cooler, but actually they are doing it wrong. Try it yourself: get a stick in your hand and hold it like a jugg. Then try to launch an attack from that position or try to defend and incoming slash. Now hold the stick in your hand like the lame guardian. You'll see the difference.

I guess you mean Jedi Guardian's saber holding. I get it if you think Juggernauts look cooler, but actually they are doing it wrong. Try it yourself: get a stick in your hand and hold it like a jugg. Then try to launch an attack from that position or try to defend and incoming slash. Now hold the stick in your hand like the lame guardian. You'll see the difference.

i doubt realism is of any concern. especially in this game where looks seem to be one of the main features.

Well, technically Shien would use an inverted grip.

There are only a few things bothering me when it comes to how lightsabers are handled.

The animation when sorcerers/knights draw a one handed lightsaber and when putting it away. Awful! Why cant we get the animation from cutscenes? That looks much more intimidating.

The animation of the clairvoyance strike. It looks so ridiculous. The only reason why I switched both my sentinel and assasin to other specs so I dont have to see this silly animation.

The animation of massacre. Half of the attack is wasting a swing that only appears to make it look somehow better before it actually changes into an attack.

Not sure if this is related but I wondery why sorcerers/sages use lightsabers during combat at all when they only use ranged abilities especially for attacks that involve both hands that make the lightsaber invisible for the duration. Why not just stick to one handed attacks or keep the lightsaber tucked away? BE CONSISTANT!