Give us "sadistic choices" when it comes to returning companions Bioware!

Alusyona

Bioware has been going on about choices in the game but it would be nice to have two companions come back in the same chapter but give us the good comic book style sadistic choice about saving one or the other. The trooper sort of had that when it came to Vic, but it would be nice to apply that to characters we might actually care about.

For example, I noticed that only Jorgen is coming back next month and not Elara. Bioware could had a good opportunity to have them both come back but give the trooper the sadistic choice of saving one or the other which could be particularly hard for a person who romanced neither but liked both.

I know that they mentioned in a live stream that they were working on a Manalorian story, which means Torian or Akavvi might come back. I would be cool to see both of them come back and make players choices in the story affect who will join up with you. Sure BH might go for Torian and Smugglers might go for Akavvi, especially if they were romanced but I would be cool as a Jedi or an Agent to have the option to pick.

If they continue at the rate of one romance companion per month that means some people wont have companions come back until maybe August 2017. And that is assuming Bioware will have each chapter out each month. There are characters that you could pair up like Kira and Nadia or Andronikus and Corso that would make their return faster and give people the option of who they might want in their alliances, while some people liked Kalyio there are people who don't like her and giving them the option to part ways would be interesting.

I'm all for the option of taking or declining a companion, whether your own class story one or someone else's however I wouldn't want to be forced to choose between 2 of my own class companions returning. Going by your original ie; I don't care a whole lot for Elara but she's part of my crew, she belongs at my Trooper's side and I wouldn't want to be forced to choose between her and my hubby Aric. On top of that the Trooper's already lost an original class companion in Tanno who, whether he lives or dies, does not wish to reunite with Havoc Squad. Something we had no choice in so being forced to lose yet another one via a 'sadistic choice' would genuinely suck. I'd only be okay with this idea if every sadistic choice was between a Republic class companion vs. an Imperial class companion. Say, acquiring Vette vs. Kira for example.

Personally curious what happens when ex-GF of the player comes back to try and face off vs Lana or Knight Lady (who's correctly spelled name I forget).

Both have...err....anger issues.... that I don't recall most of the previous companions overpowering. Not quite sure how much more mean that could get short of killing them.

Personally curious what happens when ex-GF of the player comes back to try and face off vs Lana or Knight Lady (who's correctly spelled name I forget).

Both have...err....anger issues.... that I don't recall most of the previous companions overpowering. Not quite sure how much more mean that could get short of killing them.

You're thinking of Senya Tirall. (I think I have her last name right.)

And I don't see why you're restricting it to ex-GFs. My Commandogirl locked in the Lana romance, and in Chapter XI, her husband returns. What happens there? How does Aric Jorgan versus Lana Beniko look as (cat) fights go?

You're thinking of Senya Tirall. (I think I have her last name right.)

And I don't see why you're restricting it to ex-GFs. My Commandogirl locked in the Lana romance, and in Chapter XI, her husband returns. What happens there? How does Aric Jorgan versus Lana Beniko look as (cat) fights go?

Your Commando is likely going to have her hands full. Cathar mate for life. Look up Sylvar.

Then again, we can't guarantee the devs will write that aspect of Cathar culture well. *shrug*

Oh man, that's an interesting idea. The concept both excites me and terrifies me, though; how am I supposed to pick between two companions I may like when I can't put stickers on things without worrying?

That is why picking between two you like would be interesting. As for a previous quote about picking between Jorgen and Elara I admit that it would suck because I liked both characters. I really didn't care about losing Vic on my Trooper, but she did keep him alive compared to my agent and knight who both killed him.

I think picking between two that you don't like would be just as interesting, like Quin and Broonmark, one is back stabbing jerk and the other one is just taking up space and eating all the food in the stronghold fridge.

how's this for "sadistic" ? --- this person had real guts to do this ..... wonder what the next chapters will bring ?

I'm hard core light side, so this was a shocker ...

Interesting, my agent was LS for most of the chapters and DS for this one. I used the "Lie" option and and he stuck around. Not that I care if I lose Koth, There haven't really been any real romance convos with him or any of the other KOTFE romance options, not to the extent of 1-50,, but at least there was some history in SOR with Lana and Theron to want to keep them around.

how's this for "sadistic" ? --- this person had real guts to do this ..... wonder what the next chapters will bring ?

I'm hard core light side, so this was a shocker ...

I knew about Koth walking out if you take the DS choice but I haven't dared hit the "I'm done, you figure it out!" button.. wonder if that has any future implications beyond the fact they all do the whole disapproves thing.

Edited by JennyFlynn

On top of that the Trooper's already lost an original class companion in Tanno who, whether he lives or dies, does not wish to reunite with Havoc Squad. Something we had no choice in so being forced to lose yet another one via a 'sadistic choice' would genuinely suck.
Trust me, Bioware didn't have a choice in the matter, either: David Anthony Pizzuto, Tanno Vik's original voice actor, died only a few weeks after the game launched. Fred Tatasciore took over for his bit parts in the expansions since, but his voice is noticeably different...so much so, in fact, that they decided to let Tanno go his own way, rather than bring him back.

I'd like for them to write into the story that Tanno suffered some serious injury that led him to getting a vocoder to replace his destroyed vocal cords, that way they could use digital distortion to better hide the change in voice actor, but...Bioware doesn't seem to think the way I do.

Bioware has been going on about choices in the game but it would be nice to have two companions come back in the same chapter but give us the good comic book style sadistic choice about saving one or the other. The trooper sort of had that when it came to Vic, but it would be nice to apply that to characters we might actually care about.

For example, I noticed that only Jorgen is coming back next month and not Elara. Bioware could had a good opportunity to have them both come back but give the trooper the sadistic choice of saving one or the other which could be particularly hard for a person who romanced neither but liked both.

I know that they mentioned in a live stream that they were working on a Manalorian story, which means Torian or Akavvi might come back. I would be cool to see both of them come back and make players choices in the story affect who will join up with you. Sure BH might go for Torian and Smugglers might go for Akavvi, especially if they were romanced but I would be cool as a Jedi or an Agent to have the option to pick.

*Smiles* Yes I would like some choices about Companions too for instance why not have Celdonia Terran and

Risha Draysen be back as 2 companions with each woman being able to gunfight like Corso Riggs! I rather fell in love with Celdonia Terran Organa. She said she would go into exile but she said also that she would like to try her hand at Smuggling.....hummmm whom better than Erikiswarsolo to teach her the fine arts of Smuggling with a Heart and compassion for Humanity in Star Wars: TOR. It also would be interesting to find out if Erikiswarsolo and Risha Draysen could be King and Queen of Dubrillion, he will eventually find the Dubrillion Crown and Nok Draysen will betray his daughter then die. This Storyline is of course 3000 years in Star Wars past but it feels like it is just 100 years but no more in the Star Wars past. There was a Rouge Organa that was Bail Organa's sister, why not have her as a Smuggler Companion in a storyline to see how things might workout with RPing Players, later you can have her and some of the others still go into exile.

Trust me, Bioware didn't have a choice in the matter, either: David Anthony Pizzuto, Tanno Vik's original voice actor, died only a few weeks after the game launched. Fred Tatasciore took over for his bit parts in the expansions since, but his voice is noticeably different...so much so, in fact, that they decided to let Tanno go his own way, rather than bring him back.

I'd like for them to write into the story that Tanno suffered some serious injury that led him to getting a vocoder to replace his destroyed vocal cords, that way they could use digital distortion to better hide the change in voice actor, but...Bioware doesn't seem to think the way I do.

Touche' , that would be amazing, I think MishraArtificer, I would like a crossover to Battlestar Galactica of 78' the Glenn A Larson version not the Ronald D Moore version since I dislike Ronald D Moore.....but that is another storyline. Perhaps also have more Togrunta characters like Ahsoka Tanno, while you have a few more is always good in having companions like that. I have a lovestory with Ashara Zavros as one of my characters is a Dark Lord of The Sith.....a very interesting character in his own right.

I knew about Koth walking out if you take the DS choice but I haven't dared hit the "I'm done, you figure it out!" button.. wonder if that has any future implications beyond the fact they all do the whole disapproves thing.

SWs TOR is an amazing Galaxy where anything does happen; Alliances tend to last for sometime then like most things characters have differing view points on situations important to them. Koth is no exception......as he says, "Millions of people lie dead on that planet and I am quitting this alliance because of them! THEIR BLOOD IS ON ALL OUR HANDS!" In the Old Republic many Jedi Knights felt strongly about such situations but their codes held them back from actively doing more than have some Admiral in an Old Republic Fleet mopup an Sith or Seperatist mess of some renegade force committing such atrocities. The problem is that the character players and NPCs are too devoted to their Social Moral Codes and all have to face the music.

That is why picking between two you like would be interesting. As for a previous quote about picking between Jorgen and Elara I admit that it would suck because I liked both characters. I really didn't care about losing Vic on my Trooper, but she did keep him alive compared to my agent and knight who both killed him.

I think picking between two that you don't like would be just as interesting, like Quin and Broonmark, one is back stabbing jerk and the other one is just taking up space and eating all the food in the stronghold fridge.

Alusyona your not alone, every choice I make regarding Risha Draysen has much future impact, she is the definition of an icequeen so much of her life has been devoted to "unthawing" her father that I think for a while she shielded herself from loving men that care for her and my character cares for her.

• 1 month later...
Oh man, that's an interesting idea. The concept both excites me and terrifies me, though; how am I supposed to pick between two companions I may like when I can't put stickers on things without worrying?

I may have the classic one, one for the Developers and Storywriters of Star Wars: The Old Republic, Hummmm lets see. I as my character Ericissthwarror; has to gather a group of my students and Overseer Harkon as well as my closest companions in a secure office at the Sith Academy that Lord Zash is still alive and Harkon has to get 3 women students prepared for a ritual to allow Zash to inhabit one of their bodies so her soul will live in part of their brain where they dream and have primative functionality. The 3 women are carefully selected and trained that spans about 2 years of the storyline then of their own freewill goes to the ritual to have Me fight with Khem Val and one of the women strike Khem Val on the head with his own staff to have the Soul-Transference complete successfully.