Devs - Here's a Concise List of VERY Quick Fixes for Heroics Needing Tweaked

ZeridanShear

I can't help but feel that the current state of the Heroics has made credit grinding far too easy if you are willing to group up and run those with bonuses.

Credits are right where they need to be with Heroics.

There should be a means for players who aren't CM / GTN whales to amass enough in game credits to get the occasional high value item from the GTN.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to think that the credit bonuses are one of the real enticements to group, and IMO that can only benefit the game in the long run. I expect that many folks that would not normally group are doing so for the bonus.

It's brilliant actually IMO. The more folks group, the more community oriented they become IMO. And that leads to interaction, which should lead to devotion...a good way to convert transients into regular players.

Heroics are already too easy and provide too many credits (particularly the bonus payouts when grouped).

A tuning pass to reasonable balance all heroics with each other, which would mostly involve reducing spawn timers and a few reductions in quantities required for objectives, should also include a credit payout pass to reduce the credits / hour (at a minimum, ensure changes to spawns / objectives do not increase credits / hour even further).

We certainly don't need even more two minute heroics to run for crazy amounts of credits with little to no effort required.

Credits are already inflated in the current state of the game, if you think heroics are insanely fast money you're wrong not with the way Zakuul slicing is 15 minutes = 300k though many people know about it now so it's slowed down, but still. Also is plenty of players running around with hundreds of millions of credits from prior exploits, flipping items on the GTN and various other things. Some QoL updates to most of these heroics isn't going to affect anything. Grouping up with other players generally yields slower credit farming when people lag around or go afk too which can get annoying in its self. Plenty of groups I've joined have started strong and after 30 minutes of them 1 or 2 people are lagging around or just leave because they fell behind the group.

Edited by Lil_Fusion

ANY mission that is in a public area should have quick respawn timers on mission-critical items or enemies.

Standing in line waiting on a respawn 5 minutes or more only to have it stolen out from in front of you is not challenge; it's frustration. Usually it's the same person(s) who ignores requests to group up too.

I had someone do this once on Possessed Hunter; I had been waiting alone (or so I thought) for a couple minutes and they un-stealthed just as the boss spawned and tagged it, and when requested to group before the boss died replied "Nah, you can wait."

If the respawn timers were quicker people wouldn't be tempted to pull this sort of nonsense; or at least it wouldn't be quite as frustrating.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.