Devs - Here's a Concise List of VERY Quick Fixes for Heroics Needing Tweaked

ZeridanShear

Hyperbole much ;)

They are viable. They may not be as easy or as quick to run as some Heroics, but they drop Alliance crates if that's what you are after as a solo player.

They are not viable compared to the other ones, not if you are trying to accomplish the most in the least amount of time.

Most people struggling with stuns/knockbacks are just reluctant to learn how to play their character or utilise their companion... or co-ordinate in a group. Set companion to tank stance, make companion attack the mobs first (crowd control one if you have the ability), use snares/ pushback if available. The fact that there are still mobs that require some tactics is a small boost, I thought it was bad enough that standard story content is now just a case of spamming the characters AoE attack.

Ahh, the "Learn to Play" comment... was waiting for it...

Yea, yea, boring, none of that is fun, why bother when better options exist?

Being stunned, knocked back, etc. is not a "challenge" it is "annoying". Most of us can tell the difference, but clearly a few cannot.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to make a list from worst to least frustrating, Makeb IS the worst. Does anybody bother? Makeb is always the last heroics to do, and usually, 95% of the time, does not get done.

Agreed, the pub side is more frustrating and time consuming. Rarely bother. Maybe Tython then Coruscant and done.

For Imp side, it's the guy in the temple that is weird because that seems like an easy one for them to instance. So many people will come in behind you while you're fighting the mobs at the corridor and steal the objective, or 10 of us standing around "auto-clicking" a generic attack to be the first to get him when he respawns. I don't bother with him anymore.

If I had to make a list from worst to least frustrating, Makeb IS the worst. Does anybody bother? Makeb is always the last heroics to do, and usually, 95% of the time, does not get done.

Why would anyone bother?

How many people are grinding alliance boxes yet have only 1 or 2 toons?

If the alliance boxes were bound, then fine, but they aren't. So take 8 alts and do the easy heroics on each, problem solved.

The OP is correct, the balance between various heroics sucks.

Republic Heroics:

Alderaan

• Into the Killik Warrens: Reduce spikes needed from 8 to 4.

Balmorra

• Hit 'Em Where They Live: Reduce sniper group respawn timer from 300 seconds to 60 seconds.
  • Justice for the Lost: Reduce Elite groups that drop the codes respawn timers from 300+ seconds to 60 seconds.

Belsavis

• The Stasis Generator: Remove 1-2 packs of NPCs not guarding the 4 stasis generators.

Coruscant

• The Face Merchants: Reduce respawn timers of NPCs outside heroic entrance from 300 seconds to 60 seconds. Additionally, reduce number of NPCs for exterior bonus from 15 to 10.

Makeb

• Savage Skies: Needs completely reworked. Number of steps to complete heroic is the same time one would spend on 6-8 other heroics. Number of NPCs also needs to be decreased.
  • All Makeb Heroics: Bonuses need to grant credit rewards on par with other heroics (12k-18k depending).

Nar Shaddaa

• Blood Money: Decrease number of Pit/Infamous Fighters from 10 to 8.
  • The Morgukai: Either remove the stun/slow grenade from the silvers or the hard stun from the golds. Too many stuns/slows at once.

Taris

• Mutations: Instance the zone or decrease respawn timer of Irradiated Rakghouls from 300 seconds to 60 seconds.

Tatooine

• Down the Hole: Reduce respawn timer of War-Master Rhigoth from 300 seconds to 60 seconds.
  • A Jawa's Concern: Move Padawan body/heroic transport closer to cave entrance.

Voss

• Cyber Mercenaries: Decrease number of enemies in heroic area to a reasonable number (far too many packs) and the bonus should reflect the decrease.
  • Not Afraid Enough: Decrease number of Tribesmen/Mawvorr needed from 10 each to 8 each.

Imperial Heroics:

Alderaan

• The Lanar Question: Reduce number of forces from 25 to 20 and Smugglers from 15 to 10 or 12.
  • Shock Doctrine: Remove cooldown timer of special mission item to place mark on corpses.
  • Sabotage: Remove a SIGNIFICANT number of NPC packs from heroic area. Far too many packs of silvers/golds.

Belsavis

• Breakthrough: Reduce 1-2 golds in each pack to a silver.

Dromund Kaas

• Possessed Hunter: Instance OR reduce Valen Korik's respawn timer from 900 seconds to 60 seconds!!!

Hoth

• Joint Training: Reduce respawn timers of Talz War Veteran and Talz Taskmaster from 300 seconds to 60 seconds. Additionally, several NPC types do not count towards the Republic and Talz forces, but are Republic and Talz forces!
  • The Big Find: Reduce Jedi respawn timers from 300 seconds to 60 seconds.
  • A Traitor's Punishment: Reduce the number of knockbacks/stuns from Sith. Every pack stuns/knocks back. Not worth the time currently.
  • Static: Remove 2-3 NPC packs or reduce length of tunnel to main cavern.

Makeb

• All Makeb Heroics: Bonuses do not currently reward credits, need to be added to give comparable 12k-18k credits as other heroics do.

Nar Shaddaa

• A Pound of Flesh: Reduce number of Exchange Members needed from 30 to 20 and reduce number of Organ Shipments destroyed from 8 to 6.
  • Hunger of the Vrblthers: Reduce number of pylons needed for 2nd stage from 12 to 4.
  • Building a Better Beast: Remove 1-3 NPC packs that don't have a Breeder within.

Taris

• Spilling Chemicals: Reduce number of barrels from 10 to 6 or change respawn rate from 300 to 60 seconds.

From what I remember of the heroics this is a great list, certainly the timers on some of the respawns need looking at such as the taris mutations one, if you have 3-4 groups on this heroics it takes an age. Possessed hunter DEFINITELY YES, since so few people will actually group for this or wait their turn, with Face merchants its because of the bonus mission that his poses such an issue as even if someone gets the key at the first attempt they will continue on to kill another 14 to complete the bonus (thus taking all the NPS's away from others trying the heroic.

Where you mention areas where you would reduce the amount of mobs, i'm curious just how many of those used to be Heroic 4's as I am almost positive that when they converted the H4's to H2's they kept it basically at H4 mob density?

Im a bit confused about this one. I think there needs to be MORE of the mobs we need, in fact I would suggest they change most if not all of the mobs into the ones we need, or reduce the amount we need.

I believe he meant reducing the amount you need to kill, while keeping the number of mobs available as it is.

If they decrease spawn to 60 seconds for the champ/elites, theyd have to remove loot from them as well in order to prevent abuse with farming.

That's perfectly fine. All the loot is going straight to the vendor anyway.

Can new player at low level (24-28) kill him in 60 seconds?

Why would they need to? It's not like the mob can respawn if he's still alive.

I would definitely support a reduction of respawn timers for all quest mobs currently not in personal instances. It is freakin' annoying atm. Especially since most seem to have forgotten how grouping works. A reduction of quest items needed for the alderaan killik h2 and the hoth droid h2 ("better droids" I think) also sounds good for the same reasons.

It been nice if they do lower the spawn timer. Suck on a few where even if your grouped up you still have those out there that do not care if there are players waiting for the re spawn will aoe tag and your stuck waiting again to have the same thing happen Dk is the worst for it. Not like on some severs that you can have a group member go from dk 1-2 to see cause there just the 1:)

These three for me. I don't mind when things take time (ie: having to kill many mobs) but I often do Heroics on leveling toons with an XP boost on me and it really blows having to sit there and wait 5 minutes for mobs to spawn. I'd rather end up having to kill more mobs than necessary than to sit there twiddling my thumbs for a good while and the wait for respawns is especially bad with the 3 quests quoted.

Have to 100% agree

The coruscant merchant one is a nightmare since its non instanced, most the time I just camp one spot to get the key pass but then you always get someone rush by and grab he mob as they spawn

Possessed hunter is possibly the worst of the heroics purely because it's not instance, though it feels like it should be

And the rakghoul one, I've given up even trying for

What an amazing well thought out list the OP made, so many thanks for that, I agree with all, but the above three by far need the most tweets

So a level 24 can pull him, take 10 minutes to kill him, then a new version respawns 60 second later.

That can't never happen. Level 65 runs there and "helps" low level to so he/she can then get the quest done faster.

Which is annoying especially if you want to practice healing.

That can't never happen. Level 65 runs there and "helps" low level to so he/she can then get the quest done faster.

How could anyone know that? Besides if you want to pratice healing why don't you do black talon or esseles?

They are not viable compared to the other ones, not if you are trying to accomplish the most in the least amount of time.

If you are truly trying to accomplish the most in the least amount of time then you need to stop obsessing over running all of the Heroics on a single character. There's a select number of Heroics that offer up far better credits per minute than others, focus on these and run them on multiple characters.

Pre-4.0 the Heroics were largely dead content. There was little reason to play through them, it took a long time trying to find a group to run the H4s, the rewards were pitiful unless you were after some of the non-transferable orange gear tied to them. It was more efficient to ignore them while levelling and maybe head back once you were high enough level to solo them.

Now they are a virtual gold mine. I've never had a faster income of credits from running solo PvE content never mind the ridiculous flow of credits if you team up with 3 other players and run Heroics with a bonus.

They may not all be as viable as each other, some were intended as H4s others as H2s, but they are all more viable than they have ever been before.

Ahh, the "Learn to Play" comment... was waiting for it...

Yea, yea, boring, none of that is fun, why bother when better options exist?

Being stunned, knocked back, etc. is not a "challenge" it is "annoying". Most of us can tell the difference, but clearly a few cannot.

Then you shouldn't be surprised it was made ;)

I've played through the Heroics solo on most of my characters. I don't tend to run tank (thanks to level sync bolster setting tank health to the same level as everyone else) or healer builds for solo content at the moment because there's no need for survivability with a companion healer (or any companion role tbh) off-heals and defensive cool downs are enough. I've not had any issue with knockbacks or stuns in the PvE content.

The core mechanic of most MMO combat eschews random results, for some reason it's seen as not fun to miss. This means there's not a whole lot the game devs can throw at the players to make them engage their brain.

Now it's too hard or time consuming to think of how to use the resources available to you to minimise the threat of knockbacks and stuns!?

The companion in a tank stance and given a couple of global cool downs to generate the threat is a good technique to avoid any stuns to you.

Many Advanced Classes have utilities that can be useful in making the most of stuns or minimising the impact.

The mobs are extremely predictable in their attack patterns if you have a difficulty learning this and adapting your play style it's no wonder so many players have issues in the transition to harder content.

Edited by Vhaegrant

If you are truly trying to accomplish the most in the least amount of time then you need to stop obsessing over running all of the Heroics on a single character. There's a select number of Heroics that offer up far better credits per minute than others, focus on these and run them on multiple characters.

That is what I said, not sure what you meant, unless you're just agreeing with me?

The OP's point is that we have ended up in a situation where most people seem to be doing JUST that, running only the easy ones, with the others ignored. Beyond a single run for the achievements, why would anyone want to run the others? There isn't anything interesting or unique about most of them.

Pre-4.0 the Heroics were largely dead content. There was little reason to play through them, it took a long time trying to find a group to run the H4s, the rewards were pitiful unless you were after some of the non-transferable orange gear tied to them. It was more efficient to ignore them while levelling and maybe head back once you were high enough level to solo them.

I did just that, prior to 4.0 coming out, because we didn't know at the time what level sync would do. So I took my best geared 60 on each side and went and did every heroic, for the achievements in case they weren't soloable post 4.0.

Of course I didn't know then what I know now, I could have waited, but I didn't care to take the chance.

Side note: Other than obtaining alliance boxes, heroics are STILL dead content, to me at least. I don't need the credits and my main toons on each faction have long been at 20 rep with each alliance member. I might run 5 or 10 a week on 1 or 2 toons while waiting for ops to form, but that's about it.

Now it's too hard or time consuming to think of how to use the resources available to you to minimise the threat of knockbacks and stuns!?

I didn't say it was hard, or challenging, I said it was annoying... I don't play games to be annoyed.

I get the use of stuns and knockbacks when I'm doing operations, but solo heroics? Thanks but no thanks... It is just annoying.

Many Advanced Classes have utilities that can be useful in making the most of stuns or minimising the impact.

The mobs are extremely predictable in their attack patterns if you have a difficulty learning this and adapting your play style it's no wonder so many players have issues in the transition to harder content.

Ahh, the "if you have trouble with this, you must suck as a player" comment...

Rest assured I'm fully able to use all my abilities to deal with this stupidity... I just don't choose to, and I suspect most other people don't, it is out of place.

Edited by TX_Angel

To be honest, an open world quest boss is probably not the best place to practice anything. There are plenty of instanced heroics where other players can't get in to disturb you. On Tatooine there's at least Reap the Whirlwind, Jawa's Concern and Pirate Bullies.

Hi friends,

So, Eric & Tait/Devs, here's a very quick series of fixes that could be made to bring these on par with the others. I've bolded those that really, really do need just a minute of attention:

To those that take the time to read this, thanks!

Wow, thank you for such an awesome list Zeridan!!!

I sincerely hope the Devs read your list and implement every change.

I usually just do the heroics of whom I know have an instance phase. Not going to bother with the open world mobs and it's spawn times.

There are some open world heroics with a click objective with a very fast respawn time. In these it works to your advantage if someone has already cleared all the enemies from the way. A few that come to mind on republic side:

• Destroy the Beacons (Ord Mantell)
  • Breaking the Code (Tatooine)
  • Industrial Sabotage (Balmorra)
  • Jungle Flight (Belsavis)

I can't help but feel that the current state of the Heroics has made credit grinding far too easy if you are willing to group up and run those with bonuses.

And you want to make it more convenient!?

I'm impressed by your effort, but part of efficient farming is the ability to minimise time spent running a task, some of this just comes down to knowing which missions are worthwhile running and which aren't.

The list is about accurate about the tweaks that needs to be implemented for the open world heroics.

The credits issue (too much) comes from a bug with the Heroic bonus rewards:

Since 4.0, every player in a heroic group is rewarded not only only for completing the bonus in his own quest log, but also receive AGAIN the credit reward (which he just received already) each time other players in the group complete their own bonus mission.

So basically with group of 4 peoples doing bonus objectives, they receive 4X more credits than intended. That is what need to be fixed.

Edited by Elysith

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.