It finally happened to me. A team of 4 healing sages in a 4v4

Lhancelot

Seriously. Matchmaking is needed so badly, it's just *********** stupid that this even occurs. Our team wasn't much better, we had 2 healing mercs and 2 dps. The enemy team had 4 (FOUR) healing sages!

I stayed for about 3 mins, and when neither side could even dent the other I quit the match. I was not about to waste 15 mins of my life waiting for acid to save me from my misery for 3 rounds of ties which is what would have happened.

BW: FIX THIS **** PLEASE.

Bioware! We have a thread in case you didn't notice. We are requesting that matchmaking be implemented along with cross faction queues.

The dream-request is also in that petition asking for cross server queues, but we already know you will not do that.

At the very least make matchmaking a reality so we don't have to suffer matches where classes are stacked! FOUR healing sages? Four tanks? The possibilities of awful matches is endless without matchmaking.

Petition asking for matchmaking: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=867066

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I had a team of 4 healers, 3 sorcs and 1 merc on April 18, 2015, against a trinity, and we won both rounds, second one not by going to acid. :) I kept the screenshot.

We had pretty equal teams it appeared, no one was going to die i could tell that much. Total ridiculousness.

I faced 4 healers multiple times today.

Because of the current state of healers, no matchmaking, and ridiculous lag/rubber banding I've finally had enough of this game.

I have about one week left on this sub, then I'm out.

That sucks. Understandable though. I like you on the forums though your presence will be missed.

I hope they do something soon, it's really annoying though. Some changes to the classes would be nice. I am at point where I just want change.

If they can't do matchmaking, if they can't do cross faction queues, if they can't do cross server queues, then just "balance" the classes again.

Too many classes have gaping weaknesses while others enjoy superiority in all facets of PVP.

All classes should either be equal in power or all have gaping weaknesses that can be exploited. Make it consistent please.

The enemy team had 4 (FOUR) healing sages!

So what?

/shrug

Just leave and join queue again or play the match either seriously or by trolling and join the queue again.

Btw ,they would be too many of them and too overpowered with or without X realm/faction.

Also matchmaking would make a bunch of healers throw a tantrum on the forums because of long queues.

Bad matchmaking is just something that one has to learn to deal with.

Edited by Kaedusz

Because of the current state of healers, no matchmaking, and ridiculous lag/rubber banding I've finally had enough of this game.

NUUUUUUUUUUUUU

but yeah, me too.

Why quit and not join servers where community is more reasonable?

This has been something we've kept an eye on for a long time but with the recent 3.3 PTS playtests we saw the issue of too much healing in Warzones become more prominent. We attributed this situation to a higher healer population on PTS due to the healer changes but we are not dismissing the potential larger issue altogether. At this point we are keeping an eye on the state of Warzones and if things tilt one way or another we will respond, most likely in a minor systematic adjustment like the effectiveness of Trauma. Please continue to provide feedback as we monitor the healing in Warzone situation.

Cheers!

I did say we have been keeping an eye on it for a long time :rak_03:

Add 6 more months to long time. Seriously Bioware do you even play your game? 1/3 of the PvP population is sorc healers now.

You know, you all would have been better off playing rock, paper, scissors to determine who gets to win.

Matchmaking in regular warzones isn't likely to come anytime soon. Personally, I have had this happen a couple of times. The right answer is to 'lol' and get it over quick. Alternatively, you can practice your rotation against the raid dummy sages for 5 minutes.

Five stages of Loss and Grief

1) Denial

2) Anger

3) Bargaining

4) Depression

5) Acceptance

You guys really need to let go and join me in the acceptance stage. PvP in SWTOR is what it is. Even if they nerf sorcs, nerf PTs, a new FOTM will rise. Matchmaking will still be FUBAR. The game is balanced, such as it is, primarily based on PvE.

Abandon hope....

Edited by Master-Nala

You know, you all would have been better off playing rock, paper, scissors to determine who gets to win.

Matchmaking in regular warzones isn't likely to come anytime soon. Personally, I have had this happen a couple of times. The right answer is to 'lol' and get it over quick. Alternatively, you can practice your rotation against the raid dummy sages for 5 minutes.

I used to do this and no care, but something was especially bad last night that made everything super frustrating.

Might have been poor WZ performance, or despite my 80 ms people popping in and out of existence and playing in what felt like slow motion. Getting 3 capped because people refused to call out for help, when I defend people never came, etc.

Edited by Ruhun

I used to do this and no care, but something was especially bad last night that made everything super frustrating.

Might have been poor WZ performance, or despite my 80 ms people popping in and out of existence and playing in what felt like slow motion. Getting 3 capped because people refused to call out for help, when I defend people never came, etc.

Yeah, some days just nothing is going well. But I used that as the world telling me to log off and read a book! :jawa_tongue:

Edited by Master-Nala

Even worse really is when you have an imp vs imp or pub vs pub 4v4 arena pop, and the enemy team has two or more healers, and your team has like, two dps and two tanks. Like seriously, how hard would it be to implement something that evenly distributes healers among faction pops?

I know that as a healer myself, it's also frustrating as hell when I get in an 8v8 warzone and there's 2-3 other healers on my team. Then we have no dps, and win by attrition just because we have so many healers. That's not fun, for me or for the enemy team.

That's the reason I stopped playing heals. Loved it, felt happy with the role, but 3+ heals per zone ever since 3.x dropped is just silly. I will be back to heals after the rebalance happens and folks will return to the DPS side of things. I believe it will. I know it takes too long, but Bio rebuilt a lot of things in the game in the past year, basically everything they could have possibly rebuilt.

What I find a bit sad is that while the tanks got the boost, the attraction is not so much the tanking per se, it is a sturdier DPS.

In other words, interestingly enough, (some) healers became stronger as pure healers, but the tanks became stronger DPS.

You guys really need to let go and join me in the acceptance stage. PvP in SWTOR is what it is. Even if they nerf sorcs, nerf PTs, a new FOTM will rise. Matchmaking will still be FUBAR. The game is balanced, such as it is, primarily based on PvE.

I strongly disagree. 95% of these poor matches could be fixed with two lines of code.

Limit warzones to two healers per team.

Limit arenas to one healer per team.

They don't even need to match the amount of healers just prevent teams from being half healers, or as this thread has established, ALL healer teams.

This simple change would bring a massive morale boost to the PvP community, and we really need it.

Edited by KevinQCowart

Well, really, if you want to emphasize trinity comps, tanks per team will need to have the same limits imposed, aiming to create 1T+1H+2D idealized distribution for every 4 players queued. However, these limitations will completely eliminate the role of the regs 4x4 as the overflow parking lot. Edited by DomiSotto

I felt the same way yesterday man. Thing is, before I had this match with my team facing 4 healers (while ours had 2), I had done 2-3 other matches in 65s, where our team literally had 3-4 healers and NO DPS.

We killed nothing, imp teams were full of bad dps and tons of heals/tanks. So by the time I got this match where we had 2 healers and other team had 4, I just had enough.

I logged off my merc healer, thought to myself... Ok, I can log on my merc DPS.... Then thought, why? So I can face teams with 2-5 healers never killing anything because my team has a low number of dps who also are awful at dpsing? This is just annoying as hell for me.

They need to make sorc healing harder, it's too easy and like many have said even an average player can put up great numbers because of how simple it is to play. Add in the fact it also has strong burst healing, strong sustained healing, and decent AoE healing it just has no weaknesses. Oh, and also add in that the class enjoys the most powerful escapes of any class in the game. AND add in, it NEVER RUNS OUT OF POWER. It's too much.

Then you got other classes like healing mercs floundering around at the bottom of performance, with too many utilities that are needed to adapt to the present meta of the game out of reach because they only can pick so many utilities and lack innate defensives that other classes get baked in. Oh, and when the merc burst heals someone, he is most likely out of power at that point. Merc healers are the polar opposite of sorc heals right now.

It's all stupid, it's frustrating, and BW has got to ackowledge it, and start fixing it or they are going to lose MONEY. I say MONEY, because when you say lose subs, it doesn't matter to them. If they read this, maybe hearing MONEY will matter and they will consider how badly PVP needs to be addressed before they lose MONEY.

On top of all that everything is performing worse now.

I don't know what happened to their servers that caused it to implode for 12 hours but I'm really suffering here.

There is an input lag on EVERYTHING. Everyone moves really slow then in what feels like the server catching up to their actions moves inhumanly fast.

I was unloading on a sorc but everything looked and felt very, very slow.

Then the sorc is no longer in front of me, has full health and I'm getting hit by 2 tanks.

The sorc didn't Phasewalk either, he just ran away really *********** fast. The animation for everything was on meth for a good 10 seconds, before slowing down again.

Edited by Ruhun

I strongly disagree. 95% of these poor matches could be fixed with two lines of code.

Limit warzones to two healers per team.

Limit arenas to one healer per team.

They don't even need to match the amount of healers just prevent teams from being half healers, or as this thread has established, ALL healer teams.

This simple change would bring a massive morale boost to the PvP community, and we really need it.

You're still in bargaining I see. Since I've been here, the devs have rejected pretty much ANY solution that could POSSIBLY lead to increased queue times. Matchmaking in regulars has been random. I would love to be wrong about that. But I doubt I am.

It's all stupid, it's frustrating, and BW has got to ackowledge it, and start fixing it or they are going to lose MONEY. I say MONEY, because when you say lose subs, it doesn't matter to them. If they read this, maybe hearing MONEY will matter and they will consider how badly PVP needs to be addressed before they lose MONEY.

When I read about people spending a year's sub worth of MONEY (sometimes signficantly more) every time there's a cartel pack, I just doubt they can be moved.