Retirement plans

sunsplode

For those of you who have done it before, let me know! KoTFE doesn't really cut it for me and I am planning to unsub this month. Looking just to come on and run a few TFPs a week, have fun (for some reason I love the tacts without a trinity make-up - most of them anyway). So what affairs should I look after before I unsub? Things I can think of:

- Buy unlocks (headpiece, GTN, cargo hold).

- Leave 350k in my inventory and mail the rest in 350k batches (unopened) to my alts (for the 6 that will be available, right?).

- Buy unlocks for 2 more quickbars?

- is there a crew skill unlock?

- Buy the legacy wide cargo bays?

Will this work? Any preferred unpleasantries to expect?

Anything else I missed?

You can have a free crew skill unlock for all your alts if you use someone's referral link ;)

You have also a free inventory module unlock (1 line per alt), some customizations like "display titles" and "unify colors" and 7 days of free suscription !

But you have to do that before your sub's end :)

You doesn't need personnal cargo bays unlock because you'll be prefered ;)

I hope it helps

Edited by Goldorhino

You can have a free crew skill unlock for all your alts if you use someone's referral link ;)

You have also a free inventory module unlock (1 line per alt), some customizations like "display titles" and "unify colors" and 7 days of free suscription !

But you have to do that before your sub's end :)

You doesn't need personnal cargo bays unlock because you'll be prefered ;)

I hope it helps

Thanks man, most helpful! I bought the inventory unlock at the start. Forgot about unify colors. Do I have to worry about the designer slot? I hope they will stay, I have at least one per toon.

Edited by sunsplode

Depends on what's important to you. you have most of these down already but I will go though all I can think of.

Cartel monthly sub of 500cc will go. If you have a security key though you still get that 100cc.

Cargo bay, remember that there are a max of 5 bays.

Legacy bays, again there a max of 5 bays.

Character slots. you will lose 6 slots. So if you have more than 6 character you will need to decide which ones you want to activate.

EG. say you have 20 slots, 12 as sub plus 8 brought from cartel or GTN. Preferred get 6 character slots. so you drop to 6 plus the 8 you brought. Making 14 characters you get to keep. the rest become inactive. You could transfer the 6 to another server though and get to keep all if you so wish.

Quick bars. You will need 3 off these to get max.

Hide head shot if this is important to you.

Unify colours if this is important to you.

GTN slots, you will go down to 10 slots so if you sell a lot you may wish to have more.

Inventory slots, you go down to 20-30 cannot remember but you can have 80.

You lose medical probe but with companions so strong at the moment this is not a big deal, however remember companions could change at any time.

You lose quick travel. You lose emergency fleet pass.(though with the heroic set as they are this is not a big deal)

You also go to credit cap of 350k

Character title and display legacy name will also go.

Strongholds, you lose one option, EG, if you went to stronghold from courscant you can only go back to courscant you cannot go to fleet. Not sure about if you can go from courscant to stronghold then to ship.

Less XP after level 20, if not maxed out already. Also not a big deal anymore.

gear boxes from heroics will also go, if maxed out not an issue, but if you make new characters you will miss these a lot.

Really the only thing you will desperately miss is the credits. 350 cap is a fair amount but if you buy sell stuff you will find this the hardest thing to drop down to. you could buy escrow boxes but personally I don't think they are worth the cost real or unreal money.

Guilds, remember if you are a GM, you will lose guild to another player unless every other player is also a F2P>

If I think of anything else I will edit this but that's all I can think off at present time. Well other than future chapters of KotFE and any reward if this is something you care for, I assume you don't as you should know this already.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Depends on what's important to you. you have most of these down already but I will go though all I can think of.

Thanks for this, very helpful! It's a bummer to lose fleet access and quick travel - are there GTN unlocks for these? Good idea about character transfers.

Yup 350k is terrible. I intend to buy the designer gear and special items (heal up) - all expensive! before I unsub.

Yeah I know about the chapters but playing through X was a chore in itself - would prefer to watch a movie than go through some cutscenes with no-challenge fights.

Thanks for this, very helpful! It's a bummer to lose fleet access and quick travel - are there GTN unlocks for these? Good idea about character transfers.

Yup 350k is terrible. I intend to buy the designer gear and special items (heal up) - all expensive! before I unsub.

Yeah I know about the chapters but playing through X was a chore in itself - would prefer to watch a movie than go through some cutscenes with no-challenge fights.

I use guildship and strongholds for fast travel, I havent used fleet pass in months. qt still works and I imagine the heroic shuttles will still work

You can use your standard fleet travel (the skill you have in general section's skills).

With legacy, you can reduce the reuse time to zero. (100k + 200k + 300k unlocks)

So you can travel to fleet from anywhere for free.

You can also unlock in the legacy tab a personnal travel of your choice (mine is to my ship) for each character in the personnal section.

So this is not a big deal ;)

Definitely try to unlock as many useful (to you) perks for your character via legacy window (like quick travel cool down reductions and rocket boots) as you can. I don't have any plans to unsub at this time but since I had extra credits I filled half a bay with passes, display legacy name/titles/etc., hide head slot, artifact equipment authorization, guild bank access, some credit escrows, crew skill assignment slot, quickbar unlocks, and crew member appearance authorization. I would recommend the perks and these unlocks for a smooth transition.

I use guildship and strongholds for fast travel, I havent used fleet pass in months. qt still works and I imagine the heroic shuttles will still work

You can use your standard fleet travel (the skill you have in general section's skills).

With legacy, you can reduce the reuse time to zero. (100k + 200k + 300k unlocks)

So you can travel to fleet from anywhere for free.

You can also unlock in the legacy tab a personnal travel of your choice (mine is to my ship) for each character in the personnal section.

So this is not a big deal ;)

Ah OK if GT and Fleet pass still work, that's fine. I have bought the CDs long ago because these are things you use in the game whether you are sub or not.

Definitely try to unlock as many useful (to you) perks for your character via legacy window (like quick travel cool down reductions and rocket boots) as you can. I don't have any plans to unsub at this time but since I had extra credits I filled half a bay with passes, display legacy name/titles/etc., hide head slot, artifact equipment authorization, guild bank access, some credit escrows, crew skill assignment slot, quickbar unlocks, and crew member appearance authorization. I would recommend the perks and these unlocks for a smooth transition.

Yeah that's v sound advice. Can't believe it, right before I quit I still need to do a ton of inventory management!

You probably wanna get the artifact unlock also

I'm quite confused by this, looking at internet posts. If all my toons are max level (65), with max level gear (200-220, lesser for relics) - from various sources (GTN, FPs, Ops, vendors), do I need to get the unlock?

You should also know that you cannot be a guild leader if you are not a subscriber. I don't know if this will apply to you, but on the off chance that you are a GM of a guild, you might want to consider your options there.

If you are not a subscriber, your GM position will be reassigned to the next highest ranking officer who has logged in most recently (I believe is how it works, regardless the position is reassigned). So, you could never do any of the things a GM does for a guild, even if you are the only person in the entire guild... it would just reassign the GM positions to your other offline characters as you log in/out.

This may not apply to you at all, but just a heads up.

I'm quite confused by this, looking at internet posts. If all my toons are max level (65), with max level gear (200-220, lesser for relics) - from various sources (GTN, FPs, Ops, vendors), do I need to get the unlock?

Supposedly at levels 51-65 artifact gear is included so authorization is only necessary for 1-50.

As for the jumping back and forth from stronghold I think the grayed-out options are only for F2P players, preferred players not impacted.

I suppose most quality of life improvements that as a sub you have a choice to pay either in credits or cartel coins go stricly to cartel coins.

So if you want to give legacy perks to your chars such as quick vendoring or additional affection from gifts etc do it now. Same goes for unlocking rooms in strongholds. :)

Edited by BenduKundalini

Wow guys, I checked the GTN and found there are v few unlocks on sale - no a single head slot hide, quickbar for instance. This is Harbinger btw.

Ok just to verify - if I sent mails each with 350k to my alts, i.e. those 6 I can still access, they can open the attachments and get the creds right?

Edited by sunsplode

I don't think it was mentioned already, but I'm pretty sure that when you go preferred you will only be able to queue up one item at a time for crafting. So instead of being able to craft 30 items at a time it will be only 6.

(I haven't unsubbed before so I can't confirm the above from first hand experience, though I probably will be unsubbing soon)

Preferred cannot use the SH for fast travel to fleet and starship. All they can do is return to where the came from and exit to Nar Shaddaa.

Now that sucks, as SH was my fav place in the game with my GTN, legacy bank, mail and vendor. Now it seems I have to use my starship.

Ah what I meant was I am going to mail but leave all of it unopened, so if I do need to spend some, I will draw out in tranches of 350k. That work?

Mail times out after a certain time and gets deleted. I think it's like 30 or 60 days.

Now that sucks, as SH was my fav place in the game with my GTN, legacy bank, mail and vendor. Now it seems I have to use my starship.

You can still quick travel to your stronghold from anywhere, you just can't use it to get to fleet or your ship. Personally I never use those anyway. Going to fleet from your stronghold spits you out in the starter world departures zone, whereas using the fleet pass puts you in the main area. So I always use the fleet pass anyway. If you need to go to your ship you can buy the quick travel to your ship, it's not that expensive. Then again, is there really much of a reason to use your ship if you're not still leveling? Most important places can be traveled to directly from the fleet quick travel terminals.

Mail times out after a certain time and gets deleted. I think it's like 30 or 60 days.

You can still quick travel to your stronghold from anywhere, you just can't use it to get to fleet or your ship. Personally I never use those anyway. Going to fleet from your stronghold spits you out in the starter world departures zone, whereas using the fleet pass puts you in the main area. So I always use the fleet pass anyway. If you need to go to your ship you can buy the quick travel to your ship, it's not that expensive. Then again, is there really much of a reason to use your ship if you're not still leveling? Most important places can be traveled to directly from the fleet quick travel terminals.

Thanks for clarifying! I might as well spend the creds then.

Am doing same thing as OP and have a few other questions (I did unsub but still have 2 1/2 weeks remaining on old sub and a lot was answered in this thread): let's say I've purchased additional cargo bays in the past (about 3 years ago) while subbed,will they still be available? If I buy extra character slots now (or have done so in the past), will my extra toons be unlocked or I should wait to buy them? Edited by Eriamea

If I buy extra character slots now (or have done so in the past), will my extra toons be unlocked or I should wait to buy them?

Currently, as a sub, you have 12 slots plus X (X is the number of slots you brought from GTN or cartel).

When you'll go to preferred you'll have 6 slots plus X, so you can keep 6+X active characters.

You'll need to activate manually once the alts you want to use when you are in the character selection before you can use it.

All the alts that exceeds 6+X will be inactive until you sub, or until you buy another slot via GTN or cartel