Statistics 101 OR: How droprates work

Tobero

Here it is even more well-written and more lucid: when spinning a roulette wheel, past results have no effect on the current spin.

Yeah, except EA hides the wheel, reduced the odds of winning by an order of magnitude, and then didn't tell anyone placing their bets.

Sorry, your analogy doesn't work.

Statistics and ODDS are very different things.

People can defend BW all they want, but they are preying on people's inability to understand their chances of getting 1 item in particular from a pack.

And the biggest complaints aren't even about the saber not dropping, they are about getting those highly sought after socorro weapons and cybernetic armour from a new pack.

Yeah, except EA hides the wheel, reduced the odds of winning by an order of magnitude, and then didn't tell anyone placing their bets.

Sorry, your analogy doesn't work.

Don't bother. If you were defending EA here, Bran would still be telling you how "wrong" you are. It's what he does.

Actually, every time someone buys a hypercrate we ALL lose, it tells EA that we are willing to spend a ton of money on the roulette wheel. The only reason this economic "plan" works for them, is because we let it. Statistics or not, it does not change the fact that it's the gamer's that are losing.

Actually, every time someone buys a hypercrate we ALL lose, it tells EA that we are willing to spend a ton of money on the roulette wheel. The only reason this economic "plan" works for them, is because we let it. Statistics or not, it does not change the fact that it's the gamer's that are losing.

I never buy packs with CC. I pay my sub fee and let others further pay for the game with CC purchases. So I am in fact winning on that front. You can win with me. Don't buy CC beyond what we are required to buy as part of our sub fees.

Edited by branmakmuffin