Gathering L9 Materials - Unfair treatment of crafting professions.

Mai-Hon

Crafting professions are being treated differently and unfairly as regards access to Level 9 crafting materials. Example: My Cybertech who has not yet started KotFE can access Breaktown and gather L9 materials, but my Artificer who has also not yet started KotFE is denied access to the swamps and therefore to gathering L9 materials, her only access to L9 materials has to be paid for via gathering missions or via the GTN.

The crafting updates in 4.1 were poorly planned, poorly executed, and show a lack of even rudimentary quality assurance testing. 4.1a didn't fix nearly enough of the problems and from what I've seen with regards to the next patch after 4.1a, major issues will still not be addressed.

The only saving grace is the "temporary" vendor that provides level 9 materials in exchange for level 8 materials on a 1:1 basis. IMO, this vendor should be made "permanent". To the OP: Just go gather level 8 materials and use this vendor to convert them to level 9.

Another vendor needs to be added that can convert bonded components from one "profession" to another, i.e. "Gleaming Phond Artifice Bonded Attachment" to "Polished Aluminum Arms Assembly Component".

Edited by b-morgan