Faction Balance?

ARIZONAMAN

I'm looking to transfer from Jedi Covenant. I enjoy pvp and pve on both empire and republic side but JC is now pretty much empire for pvp and republic for raiding. How's the balance?

As a former JC player, I can relate to how the faction balance is, and is why me and a bunch of the other pvpers from both Impside and pubside have instead moved off to harb.

First note though: Pubs can be just as bad as JC pubs in PVP, you should be expected to carry, a lot if you pvp on pubside a lot.

HOWEVER: There's a lot of people constantly queuing for PVP on both sides, to the point where queues never stop at night. Ranked of both types actually pop(sans yolos on Pubside except very rare circumstances), though granked generally needs some nudging, but generally gets going easily enough, however the quality of the teams on harb being as high as they are means that lower quality or skilled groups don't seem to queue up as much, or only do one or two games then drop out for the night. You will also see a much higher emphasis of PVP on Impside, but that's the nature of Impside vs pubside. Lots of pubs only tend to want to do pve or story, with a lot of imps generally leaning towards the pvp side. Only TEH is slightly different in that meta.

As for PVE, both sides do it, and you shouldn't have an issue finding other players to do pve with.

Edited by Roszy

It is easier to do any content on the Imperial side of the Harbinger. The Republic is not dead, so if you put in some efforts you will be able to play a Pub toon. But for everything being far easier and faster, it's the Empire. Republic is the side of alts, not mains. Edited by DomiSotto

I don't see any problems with faction balance, just ignore anything that says "Pubs suck" and other crap like that. It's not true on my end. Players need to take breaks if they are on a losing streak, otherwise they aren't gonna have fun and it only encourages others to take advantage of it. Not only that, but I've seen signs where some players would go on republic side and make the team lose on purpose and boast how terrible republic are. That's a load of crap because that just means they are trying to make the empire look good, which it doesn't because it just makes them look worse especially if they favor the empire more. They boast as if they aren't satisfied with what they have, which is typical.

• 1 month later...
Low lvl pvp is supereasily won by imps and there are a lot of imp vs imp action. Pubs win if they have at least 2 healers and bunch of tanks that`s it. Idk about 65 pvp. The only server I`ve ever seen pubs winning or being adequate in pvp is Red Eclipse couple years ago. Now its gone. Other than that- constant impstomp.