The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Market FRAUD and FAILURE

Corsin

Ok so ive spent over £2000 on cartel coins on this game (over $3000) in the last 4 years.

Which if i can afford it is fine...

However... the recent changes with these cubes is total ********.

Im sorry but how can they advertise a "new pack" when all they're doing is throwing 6 more items into the 1700 item mix via their retarded cube system? At least before you got what you PAID for... This new system is false economy and plane WRONG even borderline fraud.

I mean lets face it... this is PURE GREED. They're not selling any real world materials, they're selling fkin pixels and to fraud its loyal patrons like this is unforgivable.

So thus i shall be taking my business elsewhere, and place another nail in the coffin of this dieing game.

Good job greedy morons of Bioware. I wish the devs luck at the jobcentere when their only credentials are "Bending over for EA and ripping off and abusing the trust of loyal patrons" when the game goes under....

Edited by Corsin

I fully agree with you. And I see the forums are ablaze with unhappy subscribers (me being one of them). Unfortunately, none of that will have any impact.

The people who made this money-grabbing strategy with the chance cubes are a bunch of greedy managers and businessmen, who wear fancy suits and go to meetings all day. They're not developers or designers, they don't care about this game or customer satisfaction. They only care about money.

And they sure as hell don't read your complaints on these forums.

No. They look at numbers, reports, cash income and PROFIT. The only way they'll hear about this is when some scared Bioware employee who oversees these forums is called to a meeting and says with a scared voice "...people are complaining about the new packs, you know....". But then the greedy f****g managers will look at the income reports and say "Wow! We made more money then ever! Look! Some dude even spent $3000 dollars! This is awesome! Mission accomplished! We need to do this with every new pack from now on! Unhappy customers? Well, if they were truly unhappy, they wouldn't spend money on this, would they? The design works, end of discussion" . Then they'll get a nice fat bonus and not give a single f**k about how unhappy we are.

The f***s that make these decisions don't react to complaints, general dissatisfaction, or anything like that. They react to money. Money that we give them. So, if we want to get their attention and make them change something, we need to stop giving them our money. Yes, boycott. We are the customers, we CHOOSE to give our money to them. It may not feel like it, but we are the ones who have all the power and hold all the cards. Unfortunately, we're easily distracted and baited with new shiny f*****g lightsabers and we think "F**k this guy saying I should boycott, I'm sure as hell I'm gonna get the new lightsaber in the next pack. Just one more won't hurt...". And we fall for it. All of us.

I for one won't buy any of the packs and I'm considering canceling my subscription and playing something else. Because, unfortunately, that's the only way we can change something. Decrease in profit and churn in the only thing the greedy f***s who are in charge respond to. And it's the only way we can make them listen and change something. So the next time you feel like buying a pack, because you'll get that damn lightsaber this time for sure - don't. Go buy some games on Steam discount. Or go out for sushi (it's great, you'll love it). But don't feed the greedy f***s if you want something to change.

P.S. Didn't mean to call you out on paying 3000 bucks for the packs. Like you said, it's your money, you can do what you like with it. I am sorry you got screwed, however.

Well the $3000 was over the last 4 years on previous packs...

They aint getting a dollar outa me while this cube system is in place, so basically they lost a customer who usually buys a bunch of packs.

Id rather give the money to creditfarmers... at least then i get what i pay for.

Edited by Corsin

i don't buy packs, let alone hypercrates, but if i understood correctly, aren't the chance cupes just taking place of the bronze drops in the old packs? so instead of 10 of the same bronze armor you roll again?

so what people are complaining about is the over tuned % to get said cubes and how rare are the new items?

because that would be unfair but certainly not a fraud since they never publish the odds of winning, because it's not ''real gambling'', otherwise subject to laws..

Hah, sorry, I misinterpreted your $3000 post :) Still, people are giving their money away on this. On the forums, people say they've purchased between 10 and 20 hypercrate packs. That's a sh*tload of money. As long as this persists, nothing's gonna change and we can expect Chance Cubes that will drop Chance Cubes in the future packs

Anyhow, I'm gonna go spend my money on XCOM2 and pizza. F**k this Cartel Market s**t :)

i don't buy packs, let alone hypercrates, but if i understood correctly, aren't the chance cupes just taking place of the bronze drops in the old packs? so instead of 10 of the same bronze armor you roll again?

so what people are complaining about is the over tuned % to get said cubes and how rare are the new items?

because that would be unfair but certainly not a fraud since they never publish the odds of winning, because it's not ''real gambling'', otherwise subject to laws..

Its because before when you bought a new pack. everything would be new, and different rarity. These cubes basically mean that instead of a pool of 50 new items you're rolling with a pool of 2000 old items with the 50 new items thrown in.

Basically yes. The idea that along side the new stuff you can get a Chance Cube that will drop some of the old stuff is actually nice. But the chances of getting that Cube should be low. You're not giving money on a new pack because you want old stuff. You're giving money on a new pack because you want new stuff. It's a stunt to squeeze more money out of the customers, without any concern about customer satisfaction. And the new lightsaber design was the key, as it was used to bait the people into buying these packs over and over again, even after getting Chance Cubes in over 60-70% of the packs

You know, I'd bet a 100 bucks that when they were developing this money-grabbing strategy and someone threw the word "fraud" on the table, one of the managers responded with a politically-tailored answer/justification like that :)

Edited by Grdosija

If my math is right, and assuming a 0.05% chance of Arbiter saber(s) dropping per pack opened, you'd have to open something like 1000 packs to have a 40% chance of getting at least 1 Aribter saber.

The math is basically the probability of NOT getting the saber per pack (99.95%) happening consecutively (n) times per packs opened -- (0.9995)^n where n=number of packs opened ... that should give you the chance of NOT getting an Arbiter saber after opening (n) consecutive packs.

Subtract this figure from 1 -- let's express that as [1-(chance of no saber in n packs)] -- and you have the chance of at least getting 1 saber after opening n packs.

(1-(0.9995)^1000)=~40% ... falls to 22% at 500 packs ... and 11.3% at 240 packs (which is 8 hypercrates)

You know, I'd bet a 100 bucks that when they were developing this money-grabbing strategy and someone threw the word "fraud" on the table, one of the managers responded with a politically-tailored answer/justification like that :)

I'll take that bet. there's no fraud. do you whine "fraud" if you buy a hundred lotto tickets and none of em win?

I fully agree with you. And I see the forums are ablaze with unhappy subscribers (me being one of them). Unfortunately, none of that will have any impact.

The people who made this money-grabbing strategy with the chance cubes are a bunch of greedy managers and businessmen, who wear fancy suits and go to meetings all day. They're not developers or designers, they don't care about this game or customer satisfaction. They only care about money.

And they sure as hell don't read your complaints on these forums.

No. They look at numbers, reports, cash income and PROFIT. The only way they'll hear about this is when some scared Bioware employee who oversees these forums is called to a meeting and says with a scared voice "...people are complaining about the new packs, you know....". But then the greedy f****g managers will look at the income reports and say "Wow! We made more money then ever! Look! Some dude even spent $3000 dollars! This is awesome! Mission accomplished! We need to do this with every new pack from now on! Unhappy customers? Well, if they were truly unhappy, they wouldn't spend money on this, would they? The design works, end of discussion" . Then they'll get a nice fat bonus and not give a single f**k about how unhappy we are.

The f***s that make these decisions don't react to complaints, general dissatisfaction, or anything like that. They react to money. Money that we give them. So, if we want to get their attention and make them change something, we need to stop giving them our money. Yes, boycott. We are the customers, we CHOOSE to give our money to them. It may not feel like it, but we are the ones who have all the power and hold all the cards. Unfortunately, we're easily distracted and baited with new shiny f*****g lightsabers and we think "F**k this guy saying I should boycott, I'm sure as hell I'm gonna get the new lightsaber in the next pack. Just one more won't hurt...". And we fall for it. All of us.

I for one won't buy any of the packs and I'm considering canceling my subscription and playing something else. Because, unfortunately, that's the only way we can change something. Decrease in profit and churn in the only thing the greedy f***s who are in charge respond to. And it's the only way we can make them listen and change something. So the next time you feel like buying a pack, because you'll get that damn lightsaber this time for sure - don't. Go buy some games on Steam discount. Or go out for sushi (it's great, you'll love it). But don't feed the greedy f***s if you want something to change.

P.S. Didn't mean to call you out on paying 3000 bucks for the packs. Like you said, it's your money, you can do what you like with it. I am sorry you got screwed, however.

Those business men and managers are also known as EA and they have been doing this for years lol.

Its funny how everyone is so surprised at all of this, once I hear of a change that has a tie to something making money in a EA game I back away slowly.

• 6 months later...
I'll take that bet. there's no fraud. do you whine "fraud" if you buy a hundred lotto tickets and none of em win?

You need to be 18 to buy a lotto ticket in my country. The odds are quite clear. You will not win.

These Hypercrates are nothing like Lottos. They are slot machines. You put your money in and get a little show and get very very little for the effort.

Slot Machines played by people under the age of 18, being pushed by the Launcher and in game shop, with flashy color pictures of items in the latest movies. This isn't anything other than exploitation of children.

It is vile, of debatable legality, predatory and a bad consumer practice.

Slot Machines played by people under the age of 18, being pushed by the Launcher and in game shop, with flashy color pictures of items in the latest movies. This isn't anything other than exploitation of children.

It is vile, of debatable legality, predatory and a bad consumer practice.

I've seen some ridiculous analogies around here but, man...

I guess you stand outside Toys R Us and preach about packs of game cards that may contain rare and valuable items that are pushed by flashy color pictures of items and blah blah blah?

I agree I stopped buying Hypercrates since they removed the reputation tokens, I bought some single packs later to try some luck at decos and some few objects that caught my interest but I never got anything from the actual pack collection I only got chance cubes which had just junk inside. I wont buy packs again since then. I get all my stuff directly from GTN now and let others take the risk of spending real money. Since the devs have taken everything worth of buying packs.