Unstable Arbiters Lightsaber/Staff

StarkHelsing

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the people who don't have this thing want it desperately, and most of the ones that have it wish they sold it for the 40mil credits. Take it from someone who has it, the blade is too thin and doesn't look as good at a distance. I do like the buzzing sound it makes when idle and mid-swing though. In retrospect would rather have gotten the Cathar sword, Volatile Conqueror's saber, Satele's and Shae Vizla's armor, and a few other things on my wish list.

If Bioware was smart they'd tweek the design and have a variation in the next pack (with a more forgiving drop rate).

I won't say that I spent any money, I had CC's saved up. But I bought one of them 30 packers and...I dunno...5 or 6 of the 5 packers. And I got WAAAAAAAAY to many of the Grand Garbage Cubes. Seriously...can you do away with that crap? I can get garbage off the mobs in the game. I got MORE bronze and scrap and maybe....6 silver and 2 gold. Seriously, cut the crap with the money grab scheme. It just isn't working. The players (those that aren't the white knights) are not fooled. Look, if your, Bioware, are going to play this kind of a game with the Cartel Market and hope you are going to make money? You'll probably lose out in the end. Just....look...put the really popular stuff on the Cartel Market for direct sale. Get rid of the packs. You are starting to alienate your players (Like EA doesn't do that already, right?). At least with the older packs, I had a decent chance at getting what I was looking for. This isn't a chance at all. It's just utterly pathetic with the drop rates.

I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the people who don't have this thing want it desperately, and most of the ones that have it wish they sold it for the 40mil credits. Take it from someone who has it, the blade is too thin and doesn't look as good at a distance. I do like the buzzing sound it makes when idle and mid-swing though. In retrospect would rather have gotten the Cathar sword, Volatile Conqueror's saber, Satele's and Shae Vizla's armor, and a few other things on my wish list.

If Bioware was smart they'd tweek the design and have a variation in the next pack (with a more forgiving drop rate).

I expect them to release a normal version of the saber, since this one uses the attenuated blade.

I won't say that I spent any money, I had CC's saved up. But I bought one of them 30 packers and...I dunno...5 or 6 of the 5 packers. And I got WAAAAAAAAY to many of the Grand Garbage Cubes. Seriously...can you do away with that crap? I can get garbage off the mobs in the game. I got MORE bronze and scrap and maybe....6 silver and 2 gold. Seriously, cut the crap with the money grab scheme. It just isn't working. The players (those that aren't the white knights) are not fooled. Look, if your, Bioware, are going to play this kind of a game with the Cartel Market and hope you are going to make money? You'll probably lose out in the end. Just....look...put the really popular stuff on the Cartel Market for direct sale. Get rid of the packs. You are starting to alienate your players (Like EA doesn't do that already, right?). At least with the older packs, I had a decent chance at getting what I was looking for. This isn't a chance at all. It's just utterly pathetic with the drop rates.

While i don't like them myself, i don't see why they would stop releasing packs, since they seem to be very profitable, however they should revise the availability and consider putting the most popular items up for direct sale after some time, because right now a few rare and desirable sets are just unavailable, i don't see how they profit from that.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with those who oppose the packs. The fact is I don't even want the saber but I understand wanting something but it being a very rare drop and having to grind for something you really want cause prices on the GTN are outrageous even for items that are available by themselves, seen the Ashfall Tauntaun for like 3-4 mil in credits, why when this is not a hard thing to obtain is beyond me but it's worse on rare drop items.

The fact is this saber was made to exploit and get money off of the new Star Wars movie and should have had a better drop rating to boost sells of the packs (seriously where is the brains here?). Eg. Gold Armor Packs should have had a better drop rating of the Revan Armor Sets to boost their sells instead of say the Zakuul Knight Armor Set or Thexan's Armor Set, both of which are available by themselves on the Cartel Market and still available, those shouldn't have been included as drops at all. This is is faulty programming at its worst. This is just to give an idea of how stupid these packs are cause I'm sure these new packs do the same thing as well as the Grand Chance Cubes. Honestly if I want to buy these types of packs make them of items no longer available but when it comes to say this Anarchist Pack make it a mix of no longer available stuff and new stuff not available on the Cartel Market like this saber.

The fact is don't hype something then give it a very low drop rate. Give it at least a 50/50 chance of getting it otherwise it's just a waste and only pisses people off. This is coming from someone who doesn't even want the damn saber cause I was not impressed with Kylo Ryen or his saber, I thought it was dumb to be quite honest.

Edited by DarthEnrique

I am having my doubts about buying this lightsaber. I don't like the handle, but the saber effect and sound I like a lot. I could buy another high price item or multiple high price items for the price of this unstable arbiters lightsaber. The only reason I haven't bought the volatile lightsaber is the handle. I have in my inventory the defender's lightsaber, which I like the handle. I don't want to buy this lightsaber only to not use it at all. In the past, I have bought expensive items, which I ended up not liking and never using, items priced in the plus 10 million range.

Edited by Knockerz

I just looked on the GTN on the Begeren Colony and there's only 1 on there and for 60 mil! Wow! And people wonder WHY people are ************. That's outright greediness asking for that type of money any item I don't care how rare it is and if anyone has that type of money probably use that aite their aren't suppose to to buy credits for their character even though that's a violation of the terms of service.

This is why items that are rare drops need to be brought out for a limited time to stop this type of outrageous greediness people are doing in prices.

I just looked on the GTN on the Begeren Colony and there's only 1 on there and for 60 mil! Wow! And people wonder WHY people are ************. That's outright greediness asking for that type of money any item I don't care how rare it is and if anyone has that type of money probably use that aite their aren't suppose to to buy credits for their character even though that's a violation of the terms of service.

This is why items that are rare drops need to be brought out for a limited time to stop this type of outrageous greediness people are doing in prices.

The price is that high because of the low drop rate and high demand. The dual version sells between 15 and 20 mil. I have a dual saber. There are two classes, warrior/guardian and sorcerers/sages, that can utilized the single hand version where the dual is only useful on assassin/shadow. That is why the price for the single saber is more expensive. I'm certain the single and dual saber have the same drop rate, but because only one class type can use a dual saber there is less demand. No matter the price, people do buy high price items.

I know another player who plays the gtn and has over 100 million credits, but all he does is play the gtn. I don't play the gtn all time.

Edited by Knockerz

The price is that high because of the low drop rate and high demand. The dual version sells between 15 and 20 mil. I have a dual saber. There are two classes, warrior/guardian and sorcerers/sages, that can utilized the single hand version were the dual is only useful on assassin/shadow. That is why the price for the single saber is more expensive. I'm certain the single and dual saber have the same drop rate, but because only one class type can use a dual saber there is less demand. No matter the price, people do buy high price items.

I know another player who plays the gtn and has over 100 million credits, but all he does is play the gtn. I don't play the gtn all time.

Just because something is a "low drop rate and high demand" doesn't mean you have to be a money greedy jerk. I'm sorry but that's not right and I have tried to play the GTN only to not sell the product and been told off for the price I was selling it at even if it was the only one on the Cartel Market or have seen it around or above the price I have asked, etc. It's ********. I've seen less demanded items going at high prices or even currently available items on the Cartel Market in the millions and that's just dumb cause people are greedy and that's what it truly is it has nothing to do with "low drop rate and high demand". It's greed plain and simple.

Edited by DarthEnrique

The sabre looks like donkey crap, its horrible, gree sabre much better, more superior, and more importantly,

unstable arbiters sabre is smaller, so, good luck.

This a matter of opinion. I don't like the gree sabers because of their handles. I dislike those blue lights the gree sabers have on their hilt. If the lights changed with crystal color, gree sabers would be contenders for my favorite saber. As for thin sabers, I prefer the thin sabers.

Just because something is a "low drop rate and high demand" doesn't mean you have to be a money greedy jerk. I'm sorry but that's not right and I have tried to play the GTN only to not sell the product and been told off for the price I was selling it at even if it was the only one on the Cartel Market or have seen it around or above the price I have asked, etc. It's ********. I've seen less demanded items going at high prices or even currently available items on the Cartel Market in the millions and that's just dumb cause people are greedy and that's what it truly is it has nothing to do with "low drop rate and high demand". It's greed plain and simple.

You may not like the fact that you might have to actually put forth some effort to earn the credits to buy that lightsaber, but the GTN operates of the supply and demand principle. Selling something that is as highly desired and in such limited supply as the lightsaber does NOT make someone a greedy jerk.

You cannot expect everything that you want to be priced for a pittance. Some things will be priced higher than others. Some thing being priced higher than you like does NOT make the seller a greedy jerk.

The market will determine if the price a player charges for an item is reasonable. If that item sells, then someone thought the price was reasonable.

Before you make any false accusations, I have not bought any of the new packs and I am not trying to sell any of the new lightsabers.

You may not like the fact that you might have to actually put forth some effort to earn the credits to buy that lightsaber, but the GTN operates of the supply and demand principle. Selling something that is as highly desired and in such limited supply as the lightsaber does NOT make someone a greedy jerk.

You cannot expect everything that you want to be priced for a pittance. Some things will be priced higher than others. Some thing being priced higher than you like does NOT make the seller a greedy jerk.

The market will determine if the price a player charges for an item is reasonable. If that item sells, then someone thought the price was reasonable.

Before you make any false accusations, I have not bought any of the new packs and I am not trying to sell any of the new lightsabers.

Omg lmfao! It's the truth that people selling things at outrageous prices is greed plain and simple it's got nothing to do with supply and demand at all. That's not how supply and demand works. Supply and demand means that you're suppose to supply the items to meet the demand of the items in question. Supply and demand is what the developers are suppose to do. They are to supplying to the demands of the players that are their customers and people posting things for ridiculously high prices is out of greed. So stop playing that. Walmart, Target, Meijer, etc. aren't going to sit there and put out 1 copy of a Bluray/DVD/digital copy pack and sell it at a ridiculous high price are they? No. They are going to order more then one to meet the demand of their customers.

I'm sorry but people need to face reality I'm not going to go on Amazon.com and buy an item that's no longer out, say an original DVD release of the DiC dub of Sailor Moon for $40-50 unopened and undamaged from a seller, when I can go to say Half-Priced Books that has a copy of the same release in the same condition for $7.99, I know this may not be a great example but it's the same idea, hard to get item over the demand of some thing I would want. It's not going to happen and I'm not the only person who works that way. I'm sorry but it's greed nothing else.

The seller wants to make a quick unrealistic 60 million credits, that's it it's got nothing to do with supply and demand. It's greed period. If you want 60 million credits grind for it smartly, sell multiple items on the GTN at low prices, grind dailies and heroics, do slicing and other money making crew skills do not be a jerk and put an item on the GTN at high prices.

And I like how you jumped the gun about telling me that you aren't doing it and making false accusations, someone guilty of selling at high ridiculous prices on the GTN on other items? Lmao!

Edited by DarthEnrique

Omg lmfao! It's the truth that people selling things at outrageous prices is greed plain and simple it's got nothing to do with supply and demand at all. That's not how supply and demand works. Supply and demand means that you're suppose to supply the items to meet the demand of the items in question. Supply and demand is what the developers are suppose to do. They are to supplying to the demands of the players that are their customers and people posting things for ridiculously high prices is out of greed. So stop playing that. Walmart, Target, Meijer, etc. aren't going to sit there and put out 1 copy of a Bluray/DVD/digital copy pack and sell it at a ridiculous high price are they? No. They are going to order more then one to meet the demand of their customers.

I'm sorry but people need to face reality I'm not going to go on Amazon.com and buy an item that's no longer out, say an original DVD release of the DiC dub of Sailor Moon for $40-50 unopened and undamaged from a seller, when I can go to say Half-Priced Books that has a copy of the same release in the same condition for $7.99, I know this may not be a great example but it's the same idea, hard to get item over the demand of some thing I would want. It's not going to happen and I'm not the only person who works that way. I'm sorry but it's greed nothing else.

The seller wants to make a quick unrealistic 60 million credits, that's it it's got nothing to do with supply and demand. It's greed period. If you want 60 million credits grind for it smartly, sell multiple items on the GTN at low prices, grind dailies and heroics, do slicing and other money making crew skills do not be a jerk and put an item on the GTN at high prices.

And I like how you jumped the gun about telling me that you aren't doing it and making false accusations, someone guilty of selling at high ridiculous prices on the GTN on other items? Lmao!

You obviously have NO idea of how supply and demand work.

Supply and demand does NOT mean that the supplier is supposed to supply enough to meet the demands.

Supply and demand means that a high demand product in low supply will generally sell for a higher price, while a product in high supply with low demand will generally sell for a lower price. All you have to do is to look at the GTN to see that. The rare items sell for millions and the items that have pages and pages of listings go for chump change.

There are always exceptions, of course.

You might find a bargain at the local thrift shop when you are looking for unopened copy of sailor moon, but that would be exception and NOT the norm.

If it makes you feel better to call those selling an item in very high demand with a very low supply for a premium price "greedy jerks", then go ahead, but the reality is it is only simple economics.

Actually...no. It's called 'price gouging'. A FAIR price would be...20...MAYBE 30 million credits. MAYBE. That might even be a stretch. So yes, it is greed.

That is YOUR opinion.

I know there are many who want to have exactly what they want, when they want it, and demand to be able to acquire these items for a pittance and avoid paying the going rates for those items.

As the lightsaber is a LUXURY and NOT a necessity, I do not think that the term gouging even begins to apply in this situation.

Actually, no, it's really called price gouging. But...hey...believe what you will. Facts are facts. The outcry is there. See what you want or don't see anything at all. It makes no real nevermind to anyone else.

Charging the going rate (even if that going rate is a premium) for a luxury is not "price gouging".

Is Ferrari price gouging for selling their cars for upwards of $100,000? Is Coach price gouging for selling their bags for thousands of dollars?

You obviously have NO idea of how supply and demand work.

Supply and demand does NOT mean that the supplier is supposed to supply enough to meet the demands.

Supply and demand means that a high demand product in low supply will generally sell for a higher price, while a product in high supply with low demand will generally sell for a lower price. All you have to do is to look at the GTN to see that. The rare items sell for millions and the items that have pages and pages of listings go for chump change.

There are always exceptions, of course.

You might find a bargain at the local thrift shop when you are looking for unopened copy of sailor moon, but that would be exception and NOT the norm.

If it makes you feel better to call those selling an item in very high demand with a very low supply for a premium price "greedy jerks", then go ahead, but the reality is it is only simple economics.

Omg! I'm gonna pee my pants laughing so hard at this person trying to defend money hungry people and acting like players are developers of this game and have a right to be greedy. Omg! Lmao! Keep going you're only showing your ignorance of what's greedy. I'm sorry but if bought a pack and I ended up with the Lightsaber I would be a decent human being and sell it at a low affordable price that anyone could get it including f2p and preferred players because I am a decent human being. Omg! You are so killing me. I don't buy into your idea of supply and demand. That's not what I've always been told but either way my points have all been valid points, I wouldn't buy something i know I could get a lot cheaper from someone who's gonna put it in a decent price range. Lol! Plus it's more likely to sell at a lower price then a high price. Lol! God you are killing me!

You are the distributor not the supplier. Would you go to Walmart the only store in your town and pay $100 for the new Star Wars movie on Bluray/DVD/digital copy combo that they have one sitting on the shelf or would you live it sitting on the shelf? Vast majority would live it sitting on the shelf because $100 is outrageous of a price for a brand new movie that should be on sell for like $20 but because there wasn't enough distributed to them they can jack up the price? Do you honestly think Walmart would do that? No, they wouldn't. Use business smarts dude. Lmao!

Let me put this in an easy way for everyone understands subscribers are the customers, Bioware is the Walmart type company. There's an old statement that the customer is always right and as a company Bioware should give their customers what they want to pay for that's how all businesses work.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Omg! I'm gonna pee my pants laughing so hard at this person trying to defend money hungry people and acting like players are developers of this game and have a right to be greedy. Omg! Lmao! Keep going you're only showing your ignorance of what's greedy. I'm sorry but if bought a pack and I ended up with the Lightsaber I would be a decent human being and sell it at a low affordable price that anyone could get it including f2p and preferred players because I am a decent human being. Omg! You are so killing me. I don't buy into your idea of supply and demand. That's not what I've always been told but either way my points have all been valid points, I wouldn't buy something i know I could get a lot cheaper from someone who's gonna put it in a decent price range. Lol! Plus it's more likely to sell at a lower price then a high price. Lol! God you are killing me!

You can say that if you want. You might even believe yourself right now. Forgive me if I do not, however.

You are the distributor not the supplier. Would you go to Walmart the only store in your town and pay $100 for the new Star Wars movie on Bluray/DVD/digital copy combo that they have one sitting on the shelf or would you live it sitting on the shelf? Vast majority would live it sitting on the shelf because $100 is outrageous of a price for a brand new movie that should be on sell for like $20 but because there wasn't enough distributed to them they can jack up the price? Do you honestly think Walmart would do that? No, they wouldn't. Use business smarts dude. Lmao!

Let me put this in an easy way for everyone understands subscribers are the customers, Bioware is the Walmart type company. There's an old statement that the customer is always right and as a company Bioware should give their customers what they want to pay for that's how all businesses work.

So, if someone wants a Ferrari, is it Ferrari's responsibility to sell it to them for a pittance simply because they want one? After all, to paraphrase you, "the customer is always right and a company should give their customers what they want to pay for that's how all businesses work."

It seems to me that you have two choices available to you if you choose not to purchase packs trying to "hit the jackpot".

Choice 1:

Actually put forth the effort required to earn the credits you need to purchase that new shiny you want so much off the GTN.

Choice 2:

Keep crying greed and demanding that BW enable you to get that new shiny you want so much for a pittance because the other players are being "BIG, BAD GREEDY JERKS".

I have my suspicions as to which route you will choose to take. Let me know how that works out for you.

Actually...no. It's called 'price gouging'. A FAIR price would be...20...MAYBE 30 million credits. MAYBE. That might even be a stretch. So yes, it is greed.

Who gets to decide what is 'fair' or not?

It's not like we're talking about real money here after all, it's fantasy money that is very easy to earn.

Wow you sure do like to rant a lot about something you seem to have no understanding of what so ever ( supply and demand ).

I would go into it further but Ratajack has more than done an adequate job.