When was the last time you found a developer post in a non developer made thread?

ebbehhm

Check the dev tracker... they do respond.

Other than dev made threads, i mean them actually posting to players threads or showing acknowledgement that they read our posts.

I will admit that last dev post on the tracker was a bit salty, insta ban for those who want refunds for appalling drop rates.

Edited by ebbehhm

This is true, but then the player base might treat them decent if they actually responded to the bigger threads.

You know as well as I do they'd pick them apart and it would be a full time job for community manager and a schlew of staff. Another payroll for BioWare.

With the way the player base treats them, I don't blame them, tbh. I wouldn't. Id only respond with something informative which can be confirmed. Which is what they do.

They've made this bed... If they were open and communicative from the very beginning, then we'd be in a very different place... Also, "they" don't even respond with anything remotely informative :)

You know as well as I do they'd pick them apart and it would be a full time job for community manager and a schlew of staff. Another payroll for BioWare.

Imo they should promote voluntary community and forum managers, they get supplied information by higher ups and attempt to answer all the questions they can.

They'll get picked apart just as much if they dont respond. If anything horrible forum support gives a very bad reputation.

I've been a forum manager, and I know that people want to attack/blame people at the top regardless the issue. That's just how it goes, even if you aren't at fault. That said, I work in IT. I don't work in development (I work in infrastructure), however I work with the development team and I do know the woes and struggles of all involved. IT (no matter your role) is not an easy position. Everyone blames you for everything, and they think they all are smarter you are without understanding the entire scope of the tasks and management driven objectives and goals and what gets left out when trying to meet a deadline.

It's tough...

(And to the SWTOR dev management team, either give them more money, or give them more time. Pick one, or, preferably, both)

Edited by btmart

Imo they should promote voluntary community and forum managers, they get supplied information by higher ups and attempt to answer all the questions they can.

They'll get picked apart just as much if they dont respond. If anything horrible forum support gives a very bad reputation.

I'm not sure if they don't already do that. But if not, they should. The buffers between OMG BIOWARE SUCKS AND I AM UNSUBBING or threatening to do so, vs. reasonable requests regarding community concerts.

If you think you've got it bad here, try and have a look at the actual BioWare forum. The devs stay away from it like it gives them rabies, there is zero feedback whatsoever and we don't even have a community manager over there. They closed the offtopic forum, replaced the mods with the BioBotDrones who never ever reply to PMs and simply close threads instead of actually moderating them.

Something goes wrong with SW:TOR and someone from BioWare will show up and give some feedback (even if it's just "We're looking into it."). Something goes wrong with any other BioWare game and you'll sooner read about it on Twitter, Facebook or Reddit before it shows up in the forum. And then it's some fan linking the issue, not a dev. They gave up on their forum and now treat it as a containment unit for malcontents. Which it is with no moderation, feedback or anything.

If you think you've got it bad here, try and have a look at the actual BioWare forum. The devs stay away from it like it gives them rabies, there is zero feedback whatsoever and we don't even have a community manager over there. They closed the offtopic forum, replaced the mods with the BioBotDrones who never ever reply to PMs and simply close threads instead of actually moderating them.

Something goes wrong with SW:TOR and someone from BioWare will show up and give some feedback (even if it's just "We're looking into it."). Something goes wrong with any other BioWare game and you'll sooner read about it on Twitter, Facebook or Reddit before it shows up in the forum. And then it's some fan linking the issue, not a dev. They gave up on their forum and now treat it as a containment unit for malcontents. Which it is with no moderation, feedback or anything.

OMG, to have it put into perspective and feel like favorite children with Tait and Eric now and then ducking out from cover. :D Do you think they actually like us?

Not true according to my experience and I can even point you to a thread where a moderator about a day or so ago replied to a question posed there in regards to the rules on whether or not not a topic could be included in the discussion. The developers do occasionally post in the threads but I will grant that it is rare sometimes. The feedback from the forums, however, are taken into consideration as far as I can tell.

This is not to say that I think the Bioware forums are free of unpleasent people, threads or comments or that I think Bioware does not need to improve on their communication with the forums. I consider the General Discussion forum to be vastly unpleasent but that may be because I've been on the forums during the extreme cases

Edited by SingaSong