Dread Fortress SM Reaches, Hands, Brontes are broke.

ImNotFatImObese

This is seriously messed up! I have grown rather fond of raiding and was rather unhappy when we were basically unable to complete the ops because they are bugged so horribly. Now you tell us it's going to be months before it's fixed! At the earliest, assuming everything goes according to plan, you can fix it in April. Given that it took an extra month to release 4.1, I'm not hopeful everything else will be released on time. Additionally, you also bugged crafting and released a patch to fix it later the same week. I really only care slightly about crafting; I do it because I almost have to, not because I enjoy crafting. Crafting, to me, is boring and time consuming. Raiding on the other hand, is generally fun and provides a sense of accomplishment when finished. Therefore, I would much prefer raiding to be a priority over crafting. I realize that this is not the case for everyone, however. I believe this has been a very logical expression of my unhappiness with this situation. I have been a loyal subscriber to this game for more than 2 years. I started out as primarily a solo player, but have progressed into a hard mode raider. I say this to remind the team that this is, fundamentally, a multiplayer game. Therefore, continuing to ignore this part of the fanbase results in people no longer subscribing. I enjoy the story, yes, as someone who has played single player rpgs for more than a decade. However, I have come to enjoy the social/PVE aspect of this game as well. The raids and my friends are what keep me around; a half hour story is simply nice. Therefore, at the very least, we deserve an explanation of why, exactly, this is going to take a minimum of 2 months to fix. This makes me feel like those of us who enjoy group content are not a priority to the makers of this game. I have looked into other mmos, but it is the star wars aspect of the game that got me started; I cannot find the same satisfaction without the deep lore/story that is offered by this game. I am not even complaining about the lack of new group content or mentioning how soloable group content does not really count as true group content. I am merely imploring you to make paying customers feel like a priority. This seems like it should be a relatively simple fix rather than one that takes two months or more. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. At the very least, it would be more information. Right now, a significant portion of the paying fanbase feels as if we have been snubbed.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best players in this game (I think he was in Zorz as Mikey? Could be wrong) played with one hand due to a medical condition preventing him from using his second hand. He's now raiding mythic in WoW.

Well, you can play most games with one hand, if you have proper hardware for it (something like G13 etc).

It's not. They used the Hero Engine for a brief time during development for prototyping and getting some stuff together while their own engine was being put together. The final game does not use the Hero Engine.

I think it is actually using some fork of HeroEngine. Heavily modified, much like SWTOR's engine is (but based on a more stable version), with some added things like Havok physics, etc... They were still showing HeroEngine logo in setup on launch, so unless it was thee classic example of Bethesda being lazy and not removing it, it is still using HeroEngine in some way or another.

Hey follks,

The team is aware of issues relating to some Operation and Flashpoint bosses. We are currently looking to address these issues with Game Update 4.3 and will pass on any additional information as we have it.

Thanks!

-eric

Uhm, well...some things just leave one...speechless. You guys over there are aware that this is game breaking for a lot of people, aren't you?

Just...yeah well, your game, your choice, noone's forcing anyone to play the game at all. Have it your way.

Note: If you have all the people that care about raiding HM/NM not raid at all for 2 moths with the content being bugged, you might as well not fix it at all, cause coming these 2 months, these people won't be here anymore.

Edited by Portisfreak

Operations messed up with crafting patch which will remain unfixed till half April ?

This is really disgusting bad joke. There is so little to play in OPS and now half of them are messed up.

Usually, people whinning seems crazy to me ... but this piece of ignorance of basic players requirements - to at least keep ops functioning - is astonishing.

One of the best players in this game (I think he was in Zorz as Mikey? Could be wrong) played with one hand due to a medical condition preventing him from using his second hand. He's now raiding mythic in WoW.

Yeah, no it's not. Read all of is posts, This guy JMCD plays final fantasy, not WOW. He plays on the JC server in SW:Tor. The people in Zorz were good enough that they didn't need to tell everyone they were good. Not to mention, Mikey is on the JC server and we know who he is...it isn't this guy.

Hey follks,

The team is aware of issues relating to some Operation and Flashpoint bosses. We are currently looking to address these issues with Game Update 4.3 and will pass on any additional information as we have it.

Thanks!

-eric

My guild is not happy about this....none of the guilds are I presume. Most of my old friends already quit the game because there is so little group content to do and now you're going to leave the existing Ops broken until 4.3? Are you actively trying to drive people away?

On that note, you had 3 patches last week, two of them emergency ones. How did you manage to break stuff so thoroughly you weren't even supposed to touch?

Well hello there !

At first when I saw the message from Eric I didn't believe it. But then I remembered - it's Bug'o'ware, a part of EA! So no surprises here. EA is famous already for not only ruining games while they are being made, but making them terrible after the release with endless DLC's costing half the price of the original game. But I diverse, let's get back to our pile of bull. If It was my decision, I would've already got the whole dev team in front of a firing squad. Seriously, what the hell? The only content you've given us so far are are 15 mins of "storyline" and 20 mins of running. Your streams are just announcements of announcements, the exploits in the game YOU KNOW ABOUT FOR 4 WEEKS are getting fixed ONLY after the whole server economies go down because of it, your patches start to break even more content then they had before! I honestly have no idea HOW you can break animations of the bosses while trying to address a completely different issue. And I am a programmer and an analyst, but I can't even imagine HOW you can do such things. It's clearly an achievement worth of firing the idiots who worked on it. You hold your subscribers with illusions like decorations and "early" and exclusive access to the "content". This is low. The game could've been so great, even greater then WoW if you just tried. It still can though, but you have to WORK hard on adding content (operations, arenas, GSF maps, FP) and resolving the issues, NOT making them. The old content can do so much and after what you've done - it isn't going to hold, you are losing your player base - and you don't give a damn. If you would - the ops and FP would've been fixed and new content, I mean REAL content would've been added to the game. But instead you show us again and again the true face of Bug'o'ware and EA - give us your money and go f yourself. I will be glad to be proved wrong, but what I see in the game right now and the tendencies it has - is unacceptable. Or maybe the common sense isn't enough for you and we should like sign another petition, like it was with ME 3? And now I see why you removed the point in the Agreement, where you HAD to fix a bug within 2 weeks after it was reported. Great Job.

Edited by IceWolfWarrior

Princess wishful thinking goes both ways.

Get used to being on the low end of the totem pole - the fact you got 2 years of BW's hardest work at making ops is more than you and the rest of that "community" deserved.

Being at the low end of the totem pole is considered to be greater than the top. Please read up before you attempt to troll like a 5 year orld girl

Go gargle a cactus

So this is beginning to be actually quite hilarious.

I am only visiting These Forums nowadays to find out how much lower you guys at Austin can get and I am rarely disappointed! Making your customers wait for month to fix a game breaking bug is unfathomable from a service perspective, but it fits the plan you are following this last year.

Basically my guild has stopped playing and most of the senior players have decided to move to a game that actually cares about Raiders, about Content and about it's Community.

You obviously stopped caring some time ago, it just got blatantly obvious in the first of your great Lifestreams where Eric and that other guy declared that Group Content, was really something they wanted to do, so they would talk about it. Talk about it. TALK. ABOUT. IT.

More then a year after the last crappy Operations they have to TALK IF a new Operations fits into their great sheme. They haven't even considered that an MMORPG might need Group Content to work. How dense can you be?

Or well, no, since I actually do not think they are stupid, I assume that they just know that they will shut the game down at the end of the year, so actually putting developing time and money into making new raids is pointless.

Obviously they can't say that straight, since then everyone will unsub, but it is quite obvious that they are at this point in time just trying to milk as much money from the game as they can and stringing along People with cheap Bonus items but when the IP runs out after KoTFE is done, the game will end one way or another.

For my part, after 4 years of supporting the people who now blatantly consider me and all other raiders a mere nuisance in their plan, I have finally clicked the unsub button and I highly doubt I will return. I can watch all the 20 minute chapters on YouTube, even the HK chapter that I am supposed to sub for halve a year for.

If there are still raiders left in the game (can't be many now), I think this display shows you what you can expect from the people that you give money to.

Hey follks,

Thanks!

-eric

Eric, we absolutely love that you guys are working on it and get the tone of work there is to do but this is an issue that needs to be adressed asap. You guys have made clear you wanne focus on story for now and that is fine but sadly a bug like this is interfering with the entire original game Flashpoint story + End-game PvE. It makes allot of our boss fights barely doable and it is a shame such great content would go to waste for another month.

I stopped playing SWTOR after the Ilum 1.1 PvP fiasco, and remember having very heated Mumble discussions within my guild whether we should simply treat SWTOR as KOTOR 3 and call quits on all challenging PvE and PvP activities. Within weeks from then most of us got back to other MMOs we were playing.

Recently, mostly due to the movie hype and, well, freaking lightsabers, a lot of us gave SWTOR another chance. We went in with really high expectations ("well, the engine gotta be optimized now, it's been 4 years"; "animation bugs gotta be sorted by now", "the plethora of bosses that were bugged from release surely have been fixed" etc. etc.).

Loading up my originally created trooper, after first 10 minutes the sobering realization came that the only noteworthy advancements this game had to show in 4 years are story related.

In my case, there weren't any straws and the camel's back is unhurt, but I've completed all the stories in KOTOR 3 (including various achievements, reputation maxing etc.) and I'm moving on to other games.

SWTOR never was (and that was apparent from the closed beta) a game that would quench an MMO player's thirst, simply wasn't. It piggy backed on the awesomeness of Star Wars universe and well thought story setting.

Having said that, and given Bioware's handling of the current fiasco, I will not give SWTOR a third chance.

Edited by alanos

Really? You’re not going to fix the bugs affecting some bosses in ALL the operations until 4.3? That’s absolutely ludicrous! This contemptible display of game support and client service is the most poignant indicator to date that Bioware wants the end-game community to depart the game. If this observation is wrong, then perhaps someone at BW should get on the phone to the moneybags overlords at EA, obtain some further funding, hire more staff and fix all the damned glitches, bugs and errors!

I, like many of us, play the game now because I enjoy raiding. My guildmates and I enjoy the social connections between us and raiding. We are a raiding guild. We enjoy the challenge of HM/NiM raiding, as the challenge presented by the rest of the game elements is minimal in comparison, save for the pvp side of things. If this was some other aspect of the game, say, a cartel market item glitch, it would have been fixed by now.

So how about respecting us as players and customers and fix what we’re paying for in a more timely fashion than the two months minimum we’ll likely wait for 4.3?

So Eric, I am just curious, just a little bit...have you noticed these FIFTEEN PAGES of people being upset and pissed? As a previous post mentioned, there usually is a "White knight" in these threads...who seems not to exist this time. To say that anyone whom does raid is really pissed is a HUGE understatement.

SO at this point, it's pretty, pretty, pretty clear, that we are not going to get a response in regard to: 1) Reasoning for the delay to April, 2) An ETA for a NEW operation (this does not, let me make it clear, mean a single instance boss, which is NOT A RAID,) 3) Why the raiding community doesn't matter to the Bioware Team, 4) Finally, WHY we should continue paying a sub for 6 to 8 weeks for something which is BROKEN?

Let me make this clear also, I am one of the cheapest and tightest people whom you have ever came across. Especially, when I pay for something, and I watch my friends and others in the community get ripped off. With that said, I may have moved from Iowa after Christmas to take a new teaching job at another University, though all the purchases I made were in Iowa. You may know nothing about the law, that is not your field or mine...though I was more than able to contact an attorney back home this morning and ask a few questions. He was Very interested in what I had to say, and how the community itself falls under state and intra-state commence trade laws. At this point we have paid, with GOOD FAITH" for a broken product.

He was even more interested in YOUR previous posts in regards to "Charge Backs" and pretty much the threats Bioware and EA threw out in regards to "Banning accounts" for using a method which is afforded to each and every card holder by both State and Federal Law. TO even accept credit cards/ debit cards EA entered into an agreement also. That's just an FYI. For Reference, this is what it states in the Code of Iowa under Consumer protections:

Iowa Code Chapter 714H – Consumer Fraud: Private Actions and Section 714.16 – Consumer Frauds - See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/iowa-law/iowa-deceptive-trade-practices-laws.html#sthash.9X4cUNlc.dpuf

"Any unfair practices as defined under Iowa law to be an act or practice that causes substantial, unavoidable injury to consumers that isn’t outweighed by any consumer benefits the practice produces. Also, any practices or acts that a person knows or reasonably should know are unfair, deceptive, fraudulent, false, or are misrepresentative or conceal an important fact with the intent that others rely on the practice in connection with an advertisement or sale of consumer goods or the solicitation of charitable contributions. - See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/iowa-law/iowa-deceptive-trade-practices-laws.html#sthash.9X4cUNlc.dpuf"

SO it's time for REAL Answers good sir...I think I can say from reading all of these posts, the community feels deceived. Let's hope for Bioware's sake and EA's, that a choice to shut down the game hasn't happened, without letting us know and continuing to take our money, knowingly deceiving us...because that would be really, really, really bad and would be actual fraud.

We ALL await your response to the questions posed. Anyone who knows me, knows very well is that I don't shut up till I get an answer, no threat, just the truth. Feel free to ban me if that's your direction...the internet has many places to post.

Thanks!

Edited by Thmsleon

4.0 launched on 10/20/2015.

111 days later, 4.1 launched on 2/8/2016.

Have fun getting this fixed in 4.3 LOL. Will this mythical 4.3 patch come in 2017 or 2018? Just want to set my expectations. Will this also include the start of Ranked Arenas Season 7 in 2018?

This though. Seriously bioware what the hell.

While I don't do operations much since I don't have people to do them with, it certainly isn't acceptable that people will have to wait 2+ months to get such an issue that is certainly gamebreaking for their particular main playstyle fixed.

I do understand that Bioware likely don't have many devs that actually know the code or how to code left, but still, such a thing needs to be fixed within a week at most in a AAA game from an AAA developer and publisher that people pay for. It's been rather alarming on how long it takes for the team to push out critical bug fixes (unless the community complains, like with the crafting schematic visibility bug, then they can suddenly do it quickly for some reason). I think we should be able to expect that bugs like these are fixed in a hotfix ASAP and not having to wait for major updates for them. This isn't some indy game created by a hobby programmer without a studio, after all!

If you don't have the necessary manpower and expertise, go tell your bosses at EA to increase it, re-hire some of the team that knows the game code and can help you out.

Edited by Glzmo

Since there is a need to repair glitches in Ops/FPs, it would be really nice to either buff bolster on group finder Ops/FPs or enable gear requirements to queue. It has become quite frustrating to attempt hard mode FPs and Ops through group finder as the bolster is inadequate for many players who are not yet to level 65. Likewise, wipes are becoming the norm as many at level 65 do not bother to have the recommended gear prior to queueing up for hard mode. One in a group makes for a challenge, two almost guarantees failure. Worse yet, many players won't admit to problems being inadequately geared and refuse to take guidance. I have never minded helping or even pulling along an odd player here and there, but I haven't attempted a hard mode flashpoint in weeks after experiencing multiple groups consecutively who were severely under equipped and a healer who had the belief that the tank in 216 gear should never require healing if they are playing properly. Why would there even be a healer if they never needed to heal?

So Eric, I am just curious, just a little bit...have you noticed these FIFTEEN PAGES of people being upset and pissed? As a previous post mentioned, there usually is a "White knight" in these threads...who seems not to exist this time. To say that anyone whom does raid is really pissed is a HUGE understatement.

SO at this point, it's pretty, pretty, pretty clear, that we are not going to get a response in regard to: 1) Reasoning for the delay to April, 2) An ETA for a NEW operation (this does not, let me make it clear, mean a single instance boss, which is NOT A RAID,) 3) Why the raiding community doesn't matter to the Bioware Team, 4) Finally, WHY we should continue paying a sub for 6 to 8 weeks for something which is BROKEN?

Let me make this clear also, I am one of the cheapest and tightest people whom you have ever came across. Especially, when I pay for something, and I watch my friends and others in the community get ripped off. With that said, I may have moved from Iowa after Christmas to take a new teaching job at another University, though all the purchases I made were in Iowa. You may know nothing about the law, that is not your field or mine...though I was more than able to contact an attorney back home this morning and ask a few questions. He was Very interested in what I had to say, and how the community itself falls under state and intra-state commence trade laws. At this point we have paid, with GOOD FAITH" for a broken product.

He was even more interested in YOUR previous posts in regards to "Charge Backs" and pretty much the threats Bioware and EA threw out in regards to "Banning accounts" for using a method which is afforded to each and every card holder by both State and Federal Law. TO even accept credit cards/ debit cards EA entered into an agreement also. That's just an FYI. For Reference, this is what it states in the Code of Iowa under Consumer protections:

Iowa Code Chapter 714H – Consumer Fraud: Private Actions and Section 714.16 – Consumer Frauds - See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/iowa-law/iowa-deceptive-trade-practices-laws.html#sthash.9X4cUNlc.dpuf

"Any unfair practices as defined under Iowa law to be an act or practice that causes substantial, unavoidable injury to consumers that isn’t outweighed by any consumer benefits the practice produces. Also, any practices or acts that a person knows or reasonably should know are unfair, deceptive, fraudulent, false, or are misrepresentative or conceal an important fact with the intent that others rely on the practice in connection with an advertisement or sale of consumer goods or the solicitation of charitable contributions. - See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/iowa-law/iowa-deceptive-trade-practices-laws.html#sthash.9X4cUNlc.dpuf"

SO it's time for REAL Answers good sir...I think I can say from reading all of these posts, the community feels deceived. Let's hope for Bioware's sake and EA's, that a choice to shut down the game hasn't happened, without letting us know and continuing to take our money, knowingly deceiving us...because that would be really, really, really bad and would be actual fraud.

We ALL await your response to the questions posed. Anyone who knows me, knows very well is that I don't shut up till I get an answer, no threat, just the truth. Feel free to ban me if that's your direction...the internet has many places to post.

Thanks!

Wow... Dang. And I would have been happy with a realistic time frame for a fix. Really happy with a couple of hypercrates, taun fawn or party jawa... lol