[BUGS] Artifice (4.1) List

DawnAskham

The following schematics all require Polished Aluminum Arms Assembly Component - s/b Gleaming Phond Artifice Bonded Attachment:

• Resistive Hilt (200)
  • Versatile Hilt (200)
  • Advanced Resistive Hilt (208)
  • Advanced Versatile Hilt (208)
  • Artusian Relic Of ** (200)
  • Singing Stone Relic of ** (208)

The following items are bind on pickup, s/b bind on equip:

• Defiant Relic of ** MK-16 (212)
  • Defiant Relic of ** MK-26 (216)

NOTE: Assume ** Relic of ** MK-XX (220) is also BoP, though have not RE any 216 versions to check.

The following color crystal schematics require slicing materials in addition to treasure hunting gems while many others (mostly trainer based schematics) only require treasure hunting gems:

• Advanced Black-Blue ** Crystal
  • Advanced Black-Purple ** Crystal
  • Advanced Black-Red ** Crystal
  • Advanced Cyan ** Crystal
  • Advanced Purple ** Crystal
  • Advanced White-Purple-Blue ** Crystal
  • Advanced White-Yellow-Orange ** Crystal

NOTE: May be more color crystal schematics with slicing materials - most likely Magenta and any others which were learned from non-trainer based sources (dropped, sold by NPC, reverse engineer).

The following schematics learned from reverse engineering operations modifications require artifact slicing materials instead of artifact treasure hunting gems.

• Advanced Resistive Hilt 43 (220)
  • Advanced Versatile Hilt 43 (220)

NOTE: Most likely the 216 versions are affected, though have not reverse engineered any 216 items to check.

NOTE2: Relic schematics learned from operations items may also be affected.

Edited by DawnAskham

No "maybe" about it, Advanced Magenta ** Crystal requires an artifact Slicing material.

Also, materials for conquest War Supplies are messed up:

"Tier 1" Crystal Capacitor and Holocron of Strategy require grade 2 and 3 (Nextor and Opila) Artifice Bonded Attachments, which is fine.

Likewise "Tier 3" Crystal Capacitor and Holocron of Strategy require grade 6 and 7 (Upari and Carbonic) Bonded Attachments, also fine.

But "Tier 2" Crystal Capacitor and Holocron of Strategy require grade 5 and 6 (Damind and Upari) Bonded Attachments. Shouldn't they require grade 4 and 5 (Firkrann and Damind) Bonded attachments?

This applies to all "War Supplies" from all crew skills, not just Artifice (Infantry Supply Kits, Armored Vehicles, Starship Weapons). The second-tier items, which should require grade 4 and 5 components, require grade 5 and 6 components.

This is not new and some craft items requiring a 4th skill has been in game since 4.0.

As far as I know this is intended and not a bug. Not that this makes it alright because it's plan dumb but there you go.

Source?

AFAIK no developer has ever responded with a clear answer, thus given all the crafting bugs added to the game in 4.0 and now 4.1, and given Eric's 4.1 crafting changes post specifically mentioning schematics being changed to have treasure hunting gems instead of slicing materials, I believe these schematics to be bugged.

Besides, what makes more sense given what we've seen with all the bugs and stuff like BoP relics and Armstech assemblies being added to artifice schematics for the second major patch in a row...

Bioware put thought into changing crew skills and decided to add in slicing materials to specific item schematics within specific crew skills (not all), and in some cases to add in slicing materials only to certain materials grade schematics within a crew skill (such as some color crystals require them, some do not)...

OR

The intern responsible for putting together the new schematics sloppily copy / pasted the materials required from one schematic to the next, and failed to find (or didn't bother to look in the first place) and change the copied occurrences where slicing materials were listed in schematics instead of the crew specific mission material.

Edited by DawnAskham

• 2 months later...
I can confirm that reverse engineering crystals isn't working as many guides have stated. Despite assurances from popular guide sites that crystals such as cyan and purple could be bought off the GTN for reverse engineering purposes, no schematics are being learned, either from using them as they are, or putting them in a weapon and pulling them back out. Is this intended? Just wasted two cyan crystals attempting to corroborate the information on those guides.

• 2 months later...
I am having the same issue, I have purchased numerous crystals and I cannot learn to craft any of them. When I mouse over the crystals it just says "No research available". Have they locked the ability to craft crystals and dyes? If so I wasted so much time and money into this investment.