Customer Service Hung Up On Me...

DustyDemonNinja

Then today I called customer service to ask that my cartel coins spent on the new packs be refunded due to the fact that I literally only got 3% new items out of the packs.

You realize lying and hyperbole dont really help your case. The new packs are around 50% cubes, 50% new stuff.

But since its "make up whatever dumb **** you want" day, I like the packs, with my 3 rancors in one cube.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize lying and hyperbole dont really help your case. The new packs are around 50% cubes, 50% new stuff.

But since its "make up whatever dumb **** you want" day, I like the packs, with my 3 rancors in one cube.

Im sorry but im not lying. I have the items in my inventory that show the 3% drop and if you would get off your ignorant horse and look at the forums, you would see I am not alone in this experience.

Best of luck, hope you don't get in trouble for disputing a charge you willingly made on a product you willingly used.

What didn't you get as advertised? And unless the CC's were bought fraudulently and you can prove it, they will not refund them, according to their policy.

This depends greatly on local laws, a lot of countries and some US states have VERY strong Consumer advocacy laws, and a company lying about a product or service and filtering those lies/scam through a separate currency to hide from those laws isn't smiled upon by the banks or local municipalities.

Either way, they are clearly showing how unprofessional they are. In both development (a patch riddled with bugs as well as finding a major game breaking issue the day of shipping the product) and in customer service. The movie may have given them a subscriber boost because of the Star Wars hype that they can ride for a bit, but at this rate, this game will get shut down sooner than later.

I will never jump on the "its closing" bandwagon, they still are profitable. But I do agree with the rest. This patch was a clusterf&@ and the soncalled chapter only 30 minutes. But dont worry the undercover customer retention people will be on here soon to say how great everything is, and that we are just complaining for the sake of itm:D

This depends greatly on local laws, a lot of countries and some US states have VERY strong Consumer advocacy laws, and a company lying about a product or service and filtering those lies/scam through a separate currency to hide from those laws isn't smiled upon by the banks or local municipalities.

I haven't been able to get in the game yet(and even so, I won't be getting packs/crates for a couple more days anyway because I'll probably be buying them off the GTN), but did they lie about what was coming in these packs?

Just as an FYI I already spoke with a representative at the bank and they said this would not be an issue. I also provided them with the documentation and recordings of the customer service calls and they assured me it would be taken care of.

Just so you know (I doesnt matter if your quitting for good) but your account will be banned and you will lose everything.

I don't spend CC on packs. How did the items fail to meet what was advertised?

They didn't. And by claiming they did and going to his bank, the OP is actually commuting a criminal act (fraud) by saying that he did not get what he paid for - he did, he just doesn't like the outcome. Chances are he'll get away with it as the amount is so small but if his bank actually does due diligence he could be in trouble.

I haven't been able to get in the game yet(and even so, I won't be getting packs/crates for a couple more days anyway because I'll probably be buying them off the GTN), but did they lie about what was coming in these packs?

I would like to note, that I am not the one seeking a refund. I'd take one if it was offered, but $150 isnt worth even 30 min on the phone with EA or my bank to me.

However, in releasing the new packs they advertised 'new content' in those packs on par and consistant with past representations of the same scheme. That scheme was dramatically changed with a 60% drop rate of the cube 'filler content' which completely changed the product in a way not properly represented to the customer. Especially one like me who doesn't (commonly) read forums, only their advertisement emails that are sent to me.

I am willing to bet all my CC that Star Citizen will NEVER make it to release.

Still, some people will make a lot of money out of buying virtual items for a game that hasn't been released yet.

All The Best

Sq42 is being released this year, which will feature Mark Hamill, and other big-named actors.

Already released is the beginnings of the PU, mission systems, etc.

They didn't. And by claiming they did and going to his bank, the OP is actually commuting a criminal act (fraud) by saying that he did not get what he paid for - he did, he just doesn't like the outcome. Chances are he'll get away with it as the amount is so small but if his bank actually does due diligence he could be in trouble.

I'm actually confused about this maybe someone can clear this up for me. If Op were to get a refund would he get it back from EA or would his bank dispute the charge for him and EA would refund the money to the bank?

You are wrong. This is one for the lawyers, but EA has a good team of them. It isn't fraud on his part. Not at all. EA filters your purchases through a company currency as a legal maneuver to limit your legal rights as a customer. They do this because in many municipalities, especially the north east United States and Europe consumer rights are rather strong.

Customer bought a product on the basis of a representation given him by the company selling it. Company funneled the purchase through a proprietary currency as a shield to avoid consumer advocacy laws. Customer is not committing fraud by saying he didn't get what he was promised and demanding a refund.

Its one for the lawyers. EA spends a fortune on them for a reason, they need them.

You are wrong. This is one for the lawyers, but EA has a good team of them. It isn't fraud on his part. Not at all. EA filters your purchases through a company currency as a legal maneuver to limit your legal rights as a customer. They do this because in many municipalities, especially the north east United States and Europe consumer rights are rather strong.

Customer bought a product on the basis of a representation given him by the company selling it. Company funneled the purchase through a proprietary currency as a shield to avoid consumer advocacy laws. Customer is not committing fraud by saying he didn't get what he was promised and demanding a refund.

Its one for the lawyers. EA spends a fortune on them for a reason, they need them.

They wont waste their time on it anyways. Its not worth it to them when they are too busy perusing IP lawsuits.

I'm actually confused about this maybe someone can clear this up for me. If Op were to get a refund would he get it back from EA or would his bank dispute the charge for him and EA would refund the money to the bank?

His Bank through Visa/MC would act as the paying authority and refund the money, and then deny/reverse the fund transfer through their computer system.

EA could dispute it, but in this case probably wouldn't. $150 isnt worth EAs time unless they saw a bigger threat like a class action coming. The bank Visa/MC on the other hand has a customer to keep happy, and they would fight as they have three of the Aces in the deck.

You would be amazed how much power Visa/MC has over companies worldwide.

What didn't the OP get vs what was advertised though? So what if he only allegedly got 3% new items? That is statistically possible, if not likely. He is simply relying on the fact that making a lot of noise usually gets him what he wants because his bank considers a small $ amount 'refund' cheaper than actually finding out the real facts. Personally I would love to know which bank he is with so I could call them and let them know the actual facts because people like him are what causes the rest of us to incur higher charges and/or lower interest rates than we would otherwise get. I'll give the OP his due though, he knows how to play the poor battered consumer card.

What didn't the OP get vs what was advertised though? So what if he only allegedly got 3% new items? That is statistically possible, if not likely. He is simply relying on the fact that making a lot of noise usually gets him what he wants because his bank considers a small $ amount 'refund' cheaper than actually finding out the real facts. Personally I would love to know which bank he is with so I could call them and let them know the actual facts because people like him are what causes the rest of us to incur higher charges and/or lower interest rates than we would otherwise get. I'll give the OP his due though, he knows how to play the poor battered consumer card.

Heck, I want to know which bank because I'm itching for a shopping spree :D (/sarcasm of course :p )

Edited by beattlebilly

What didn't the OP get vs what was advertised though? So what if he only allegedly got 3% new items?

Its based on the representation of the product over time. If I sell you oranges for 12 months in a row, and on the 13th month I substitute a single orange slice without informing you of a product change, I am at fault as the selling agent, not the customer.

The bank pays you back themselves then goes to the company involved for it - I've had to do it when my card got copied and I had a bunch of charges. You sign a legal document stating that what you've reported is true and the bank then deals with it. this is where the OP would be in trouble, because what he is stating is untrue. The transaction was entirely within his control and he went in knowing the rules, he just doesn't like the outcome. it's like going to your bank to get a refund because your horse lost the 4:30 at Ascot. Now, banks would know that is BS, They simply don't know enough about the gaming industry to know when they are getting the wool pulled over their eyes, as they are here.

Personally I would love to know which bank he is with so I could call them and let them know the actual facts because people like him are what causes the rest of us to incur higher charges and/or lower interest rates than we would otherwise get.

Wrong again, you aren't very good at this I am afraid good sir. Higher rates and charges are not caused by charge backs, they are caused by high risk debt cancellation and credit negotiation. Visa/MC charge roughly 3% of every purchase to one of their cards from the company, PLUS a rate of interest to the customer through their bank (They both get a cut).

There is a reason Visa/MC have such good customer protections, it makes the customer happy and spending. Mad/Upset customers do not spend as much, that cuts into their bottom line MUCH more than a few charge backs.

Im sorry but im not lying. I have the items in my inventory that show the 3% drop and if you would get off your ignorant horse and look at the forums, you would see I am not alone in this experience.

Easily faked simply by not taking a screen shot of your new items. Everyone else is reporting 50-60% cubes, but somehow you're the magical snowflake that got 97% cubes? If anyone believes this BS I have a bridge to sell them.

Its based on the representation of the product over time. If I sell you oranges for 12 months in a row, and on the 13th month I substitute a single orange slice without informing you of a product change, I am at fault as the selling agent, not the customer.

Your analogy is totally misrepresentative of the facts as well as pure hyperbole. When you buy crates or anything else from the market, you are given the exact details of what you are purchasing at the point of sale. So no, this was not a bait and switch of any kind.

Just so you know (I doesnt matter if your quitting for good) but your account will be banned and you will lose everything.

OP, is it really worth losing your account permanently over this? Don't do it. You might regret it oif you wanna come back to the game, at least to check it out from time to time.

Sure.

Hello is this First Parasitic Bank of the Underworld? I'm from the SWTOR forums. What? It's a AAA MMO, hard to believe I had to explain that to you... Anyway... I have some facts that you need to be aware of that I gathered from a thread in the forum. Stop laughing at me. This is serious, and no I don't want to play WoW instead. What do you mean "Camelot Unchained bro"? Is that a book? Put the Global VP of Fraud Prevention on pls. Hello? Hello.......?
Edited by Joesixxpack