Downtime Funtime

EricMusco

Premiums is "green", quality-wise. So you'll get prototype or higher...

Then carry on......

When you can......

I knew this patch was going to break; how could it not, it's BW. But FFS.....

/slowclap.......you've really outdone yourselves this time.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Still against the rules... Still deserves a ban and removal of all referral clicks and CC...
You should probably get a ban, too, for quoting their link just to keep it bumped in the thread.

Wouldn't be surprised if those are your alt accounts.

Alright folks, it as almost an hour later. I checked in with the team and unfortunately I don't have a ton of new information to report. We are still very actively testing solutions in an effort to get the servers online as soon as possible.

I will check back in an hour and pass on any and all updates that I have. We apologize again for the unexpected additional downtime!

-eric

I wonder if they might lose a lot of subs because of this...

What a thankless job Eric and those who have to monitor the Forums. So thank you Eric, and those of the Forums Staff. You have a hellish job when things go wrong and a thankless job when things go right.

Having had a part-time job at the support desk of a telephone provider, I can definitely sympathize with Eric. Not blaming him for this whole mess in any way. But I do hope he doesn't go around throwing codes in the open again... It crashes everything, leaves a lot of people unsatisfied and is generally messy. :p

What a thankless job Eric and those who have to monitor the Forums. So thank you Eric, and those of the Forums Staff. You have a hellish job when things go wrong and a thankless job when things go right.

agree it's like running a helpdesk for users, you fix 100 things and no recognition, 1 thing blows and BOOM

Having had a part-time job at the support desk of a telephone provider, I can definitely sympathize with Eric. Not blaming him for this whole mess in any way. But I do hope he doesn't go around throwing codes in the open again... It crashes everything, leaves a lot of people unsatisfied and is generally messy. :p

Yup, agreed. People actually seemed to enjoy the questions. But unless the next code is reusable per person, probably won't get a lot of appreciation.

The thanks they get when things go right is our continued patronage/subscription.

They deserve everything they get when they screw up.

Correction: No they don't. Unless you mean our sympathy, then yes they do.

Statement: According to your logic, when something goes wrong at your job/your mess up your school work (whichever applies), people should be hateful, rude, and very unpleasant to you.

Yes, this would fix it all.

I actually wouldn't enjoy that as much. Because it's not their fault something went wrong. And Early Access is something we've enjoyed for a lot of things. However, I do feel we should have something, rather than just handouts.

Eric, perhaps an idea to run passed the team is to, say, make a special sale on the Cartel Market for subscribers. All items on market on Feb 10th, 2016, are 90% off between the hours of 9am-6pm PDT. Which would give all subscribers time to purchase items for much less than normal, without having to just throw CC's at the very few that manage to get them. Everyone has the same opportunity to make use of the sale equally, so long as they remained subscribers or subscribed before the sale time begins.

Yup, agreed. People actually seemed to enjoy the questions. But unless the next code is reusable per person, probably won't get a lot of appreciation.

What they ought to do is give everyone 1 1800 coin code, and then just offer more coins to trivia winners.

I find your approach of attempting a short term distraction by pitting your customers against each other despicable. You really want to show your appreciation? Reward EVERYONE for their patience for once

Well, either you are all very knowledgeable or pretty good at using Google :rak_03:. The winners are CMPUNKDUDE, HikariChino, and Tsube. Check your PMs.

I know the copy/paste game isn't the best, but let's get real broad with it. Here are a whole bunch of codes for a bunch of things, spreads out the odds a bit. Here goes:

Good luck!

-eric

Edited by isnotrachel