Downtime Funtime

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Alright everyone,

If you haven't seen in the maintenance thread, all servers are once again available. Get in there and have some fun. Thank you all for having a little bit of fun with me in this thread today. Again, we apologize for our very unexpected and extended downtime.

I wish you all the best of luck in acquiring some sweet, sweet Unstable Lightsaber goodness. And enjoy Chapter X if you happen to have early access :)

-eric

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright everyone,

If you haven't seen in the maintenance thread, all servers are once again available. Get in there and have some fun. Thank you all for having a little bit of fun with me in this thread today. Again, we apologize for our very unexpected and extended downtime.

I wish you all the best of luck in acquiring some sweet, sweet Unstable Lightsaber goodness. And enjoy Chapter X if you happen to have early access :)

-eric

K Thx Bye

Alright everyone,

-eric

if i could patch i would log on but i cant so.........

Hey folks,

So, here we are together enjoying some server downtime. Let's have a little fun. As many of you know, the unstable lightsaber is a thing that is coming out today and I am very excited for it (along with Chapter X of course). In its honor, what do you say I give away some Cartel Coins while we wait.

I have done this game once before but let's revisit the rules. First, each time I post I will add some codes that you can redeem for Cartel Coins. Only the first person who snags them will get the coins so be quick! Second, I will ask random questions. First to answer the question, I will PM them a code.

I will wait a few minutes, gather your friends, let the Cartel Coins rain.

-eric

So you offer this little game in the middle of the night for Players in an english forum, but german forums like mine are simply left alone? Well how nice of you to be so kind to all non english speaking subscribers. Just subbed and regret it already.

OK.

I Am really upset.

Some "lucky" player get 2400 free CC which is actually a mounth sub in money....

and some players like me and many other get nothing.

I ask you what they did what I did not? I mean they were faster then me???? Come on they are subs like me and those others. Is so UNFAIR with US who did not get anything.

Edited by Frost_D

Alright everyone,

-eric

Not sure you're seeing my post... Still getting the 310 error and cannot download the patch at all.

I've restarted the launcher and my internet is fine. I'd like to know what's wrong please.

Hey folks!

All SWTOR servers are now available with Game Update 4.1 and Chapter X Early Access! Here are a few notes:

• If you were on the Reclaimed Treasure Alliance Alert Mission, you have been removed from it.
  • You might see the Reclaimed Treasure Alliance Alert Mission in your Alliance UI, you will be unable to pick it up at this time.
  • If you do not have Chapter X available, but you should, visit your ships terminal.

Thank you all again for your patience. Now get in there and enjoy SWTOR!

-eric

Want to thank you and your staff. I know this had to be difficult for you, and I want you to know it is appreciated.

Bothard

as played by William C. Francis

As someone who programs for a living, there's a quote I have that hangs on my office wall:

"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining."

We test and test and re-test and test some more, and everything's fine. Then we launch, and suddenly all the errors start popping up. And we get yelled at for not testing the product when that's all we did for the past month. But no matter how hard we assure everyone, nope, the product is terrible, and how dare we waste all our money on it. "But it didn't do this in the test environment!" is never believed.

Thank you, Eric, for keeping us updated and entertained--even if it was frustrating at times. We really do appreciate it!

After lurking through about 400+ pages today, being in no actual rush.. reading moronic posts, intelligent posts.. THIS is the one that stood out. Kudos to you.

Alright everyone,

-eric

Fun would have been leaving prizes for a select few out of it. Fun would have been not dangling things over your paying customers just to see who can copy/paste faster. All you did was prove they'll let you give out codes at will, so why not compensate all the paying customers for the actions of today and just have the fun trivia thread be a fun trivia thread on the side?

OK.

I Am really upset.

Some "lucky" player get 2400 free CC which is actually a mounth sub in money....

and some players like me and many other get nothing.

I ask you what they did what I did not? I mean they were faster then me???? Come on they are subs like me and those others. Is so UNFAIR with US who did not get anything.

As I said...

That was not even fun.

I subed dont make me regret it.

After lurking through about 400+ pages today, being in no actual rush.. reading moronic posts, intelligent posts.. THIS is the one that stood out. Kudos to you.

That's why you need to test in a LIVE environment. A lot of people know what happens in coding (well some do). They have a PTS. Why didn't they push it there for a week or two. Who cares about spoilers, that **** gets datamined anyway, so why does it matter.

PTS saves lives!

I'm so glad I played this till the end. Thanks for the 2 codes Eric!

:rak_03:

Congrats buddy glad you won you deserved it. :) I got a a black and white colored tauntaun mini-pet so I'm pretty happy about the thread overall. Thanks again Eric and thanks for the updates. To 4.1 we go my fellow SWTOR players, may the force be with you all. :D

:rak_03::rak_04::rak_03:

Edited by squirrelballz