Downtime Funtime

EricMusco

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update on the status of the downtime: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8797588#post8797588

Thanks for the update, so really we have no end in site for the frustrations of the broken dev tracker, and codes that are consumed before the page can load for so many of us. I really appreciate the sentiment, and the effort to try to do something for the community while the game is so very broken for so very long. I just wish I was not stuck feeling like a second class customer as my internet or your servers do not give me a chance at a code redemption, and I can't play the game that I was supposed to get early access to for subscribing.

Alright folks, we are getting close to that hour. I am going to take a break for a bit and check in with the team on status.

Hopefully we'll hear good news, soon.

I've tried, but the lag I'm getting still precludes me from engaging in either of these battles.

I hope everyone else is having fun and those of you who get something awesome with your coins. :)

Thanks again for keeping us informed and entertained, Eric.

It may be time to go make food. I'm thinking soup.

So, another best case ETA of one hour from the time of this post, or 6:30 PM CT.

Yep. Definitely time for soup.

Everyone get ready. When I actually go afk, he'll post again. :p

I know someone from Finland who got a CC code while I couldn't, so... yeah, not so much. The page load issues are a problem but they're a problem for us American players too.

yeah it kept saying I was logged out in forums and pms but when I clicked log in it took me to my my swtor page like I was logged in, over and over....im in texas usa

Can I just say that you're a total ROCKSTAR Eric? You've been such a good sport about babysitting all the maniacs dying to play the next installment! Hats off to you for your firefighting abilities! :wea_03::rak_09:

Appreciate the timely updates! Muahh!

agree 100% :cool:

Eric the code you pmed me earlier for the malgus twi'lek question had already been used... i checked my Cartel coins to make sure and it didn't work... help?

I think your best bet is to either contact Eric directly(either through Twitter or PMing on the forums) or contacting customer support.

all those complaints from the eu srvrs don't feel lonely I'm in the U.S. and I get blocked out of the forms as soon as the codes are posted been here for 5 hours tryin to stay positive but cant really bring myself to do it, most other games compensate their players for such a monumental break down but will SWTOR? Idk Eric whatcha say gimme a reason to stay positive?

I worked it. It was painful on both sides - for us and for the players. It's also probably why I'm a wee bit more patient with game devs than so many seem to be: I've been there.

Exactly. These things happen, you can't always foresee them. I think 2003 was the last time I was ever angry over a game, lol. Oh, and thanks for working through that launch mess...I wouldn't even want to imagine how difficult that was. :)

Did you say codes?!?!?!

What is my favorite forum smiley? First five correct guesses are winners!

-eric

Hey Eric. While this game is something i consider a positive thing, why not take the next logical step? Its impossible for everybody who's been waiting to get one of those codes, so how about you give something (even 1 cc code or whatever) to ALL subscribers elligible for the early access? That would be the fair thing to do honestly. Random "throw codes around" only for those on the forums atm is not something i consider fair or considerate of the subscribers that already lost 1 day of early access.

Please make it happen.