Downtime Funtime

EricMusco

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, ...

... this is just a game, but we pay for it and we would love to play it => fix the game

... you want our feedback, so we give it => fix the game

... do patches, bugfixes and handle us as adult, paying consumers and not as childish junkies => fix the game

... don't promis things or times you can't hold => start the game on the promised time

... we don't want new or old bugs or other problems => test the game before you put in on lifeserver

If you do such things, we have less or nothing to complain and you will see a growing paying community!

Reality check: Well...

... This is an online game that like any other can run into problems. => Deal with it.

... "fix the game" is not feedback. => Herp derp!

... They are fixing it as we post in this thread, and Eric is the Community Manager, not a game dev/server tech. => CM =/= Dev/Tech

... Welcome to reality where things don't go as planned and life sucks. => Plans are fragile things and life often dashes expectations to the ground.

... Too bad. Again: Welcome to reality. => See above.

Conclusion: When people have false expectations, they get angry. A reality check is in order for such ones.You only have something to complain about because you lack an understanding of the real world and how it works. Ignorance is the prime bane of Humanity.

What a thankless job Eric and those who have to monitor the Forums. So thank you Eric, and those of the Forums Staff. You have a hellish job when things go wrong and a thankless job when things go right.

The thanks they get when things go right is our continued patronage/subscription.

They deserve everything they get when they screw up.

From Dev Tracker forum:

Maintenance: 9 February 2016 | 02.09.2016, 06:46 PM

Alright folks, it as almost an hour later. I checked in with the team and unfortunately I don't have a ton of new information to report. We are still very actively testing solutions in an effort to get the servers online as soon as possible.

I will check back in an hour and pass on any and all updates that I have. We apologize again for the unexpected additional downtime!

-eric

Edited by Yunikorn

Alright folks, it as almost an hour later. I checked in with the team and unfortunately I don't have a ton of new information to report. We are still very actively testing solutions in an effort to get the servers online as soon as possible.

I will check back in an hour and pass on any and all updates that I have. We apologize again for the unexpected additional downtime!

-eric

I'm not sure I'd blame him... we seem to enjoy shooting the messenger here on the forums :rak_03:

It's not like there is anything he can do to fix it faster, he's not a dev. And in fact, everytime he asks the devs for an update, that adds to the time it'll take them to fix it (not saying he shouldn't do it, cause we do deserve to be updated and whatnot, but its a careful balancing act).

^^ this. as an IT guy myself I can tell you that nothing is more aggravating then update requests every 10 minutes. STATUS: Its Broken >> STATUS UPDATE: Still Broken >> RECOMENDED REMEDY: Stop bothering us & let us work! :rak_03: