Casuals getting Dread Rancor

Bio ware just announced in the next patch that the Rancor from NIM DP will now be available via the cartel market.

If you ask me this is the final screw you to NIM Raiders, I earned my Dread Rancor and now everyone will be running around with them if they have 20 dollars or a few million credits to spend.

Sign here if you agree that these casual SM and Rpers don't deserve a NIM mount! We won't tolerate this bio ware, take out that Rancor!

Personally considering unsubbing if they do this, it is the final straw for me.

This is seriously uncalled for, people!!! There are several rancor mounts as it is. Leave the NiM rancor alone (and other nim mounts too for that matter). People worked very hard to get em. Are you seriously TRYING to get what is left of our best raiders to quit??????? Edited by Hichitsuki-hime

This is ridiculous, people worked really hard to get the rancor in the first place why would you screw them over like this. What's next bioware the wings, this game is a joke. We get it you want raiders to quit, goodluck keeping subs because news flash raiders have to stay subbed. I"d love to see you devs stream yourselves trying to down nim content. You guys are such a joke you can't even play your own game. Edited by vampirecookies

I am very disappointed in BioWare. I get that they are a profit-based company and that they are desperate to keep the revenue near the numbers EA dictates them, but they should have the decency to not brush aside their veteran players.

The rancor from DP nightmare being put in a cartel pack is a way bigger precedent than what happened to Giradda's Rancor. Because of its bright colors, the PvP rancor still looks completely different from any other rancor. But the nightmare rancor only had the cybernetic arm and leg to set it apart from the rest. With the upcoming cartel pack, the nightmare rancor is no longer unique.

And yes, I do have the dread-enhanced rancor on my character and earned it by completing DP NiM with my raid group, so I am completely justified in complaining about this.

This is a clear violation of their policy on exclusive mounts as detailed by Musco here, as well as their assurance that NiM post-4.0 will have the same "unique mounts and titles" as before 4.0.

I get that things change during development but if they had anyone left in the office who cared about the endgame PvE community, this change would have never gone through.

Edited by Jerba

This could be a thing if there wasn't 10+ guilds selling NiM Council kills for the Rancor in 3.0. Casuals already had the opportunity of buying mounts, so they don't mean that much anymore. Yes, the money was going to raiders, now it will go to CC freaks, and that is sad, but the whole "letting casuals have the mount" has already been done.

This could be a thing if there wasn't 10+ guilds selling NiM Council kills for the Rancor in 3.0. Casuals already had the opportunity of buying mounts, so they don't mean that much anymore. Yes, the money was going to raiders, now it will go to CC freaks, and that is sad, but the whole "letting casuals have the mount" has already been done.

So much this.

If special snowflakes want to continue feeling special why not check out exactly what Rancor someone's riding (it's on the buff bar yo) or check the date (even timestamp) of their achievements. Then you can continue feeling smug within yourself that you are truly special with your 3.0 NiM clears... Hang on... :rak_03:

Edited by Kufuffelupagus

Why should I care about that Rancor ? Because I wouldn't win it anyway, thanks to my notoriously bad roll luck. And that means Cartel Market as well.

I hardly ever get something exceptional. And yes, getting out of OPs with 0 items became so much the norm for me that I stopped raiding entirely, because it became so boring.

So, why again should I care about that Rancor ?

I don't really care but it just further proves the point that the trust between the players and the developers team has totally been removed with Bioware now going back on their word. I doubt Eric realized this would happen and I guess it's not really within his sphere of influence, but it's kinda ****** from Bioware to do this as it effectively makes Eric look bad.

Then again, hundreds of accounts and likely thousands of characters have gotten the rancor since 3.0 hit with the increased level difference and at least four additional tiers of gear, so it wasn't really that hard to get a hold of one, you could even buy it for a few million credits from Nightmare guilds.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

This. Part of the raiding community killed the concept of unique rewards by selling mount and title runs. Which I always thought is a very bad idea, especially given how easily money can be made in this game both for sellers and buyers.

Since people started doing it, titles or mounts don't necessarily mean the person who has them is a competent player, he may have simply made a lot of credits in some kind of way.

That's exactly why our guild has been turning down any offer of title or mount runs regardless of the amount of credits offered. Not that it made any kind of difference obviously... :/

The money was going to NIM Raiders, not lining bio wares already fat pockets!

we made fake ingame money off it.

they are going to be getting real money for it.

which whatever, they paid someone to make it. its their right to do what they will.

however, when guilds ran people through, that was still 8 people doing the content.

now whats the point if the rewards drop off packs.

also, Season 4 pvp color crystals will be available to craft.

Edited by CaraExas

Bio ware just announced in the next patch that the Rancor from NIM DP will now be available via the cartel market.

If you ask me this is the final screw you to NIM Raiders, I earned my Dread Rancor and now everyone will be running around with them if they have 20 dollars or a few million credits to spend.

Sign here if you agree that these casual SM and Rpers don't deserve a NIM mount! We won't tolerate this bio ware, take out that Rancor!

Personally considering unsubbing if they do this, it is the final straw for me.

LOL, someone it just figuring out what makes the world go 'round...

So we now know that the Rancor drops from Eternal Championship but I haven't seen any discussion on it yet.

This is not as bad as dropping from a Cartel Pack:

• It still drops from a PvE activity and cannot be bought with real money.
  • It drops from the 10th boss which not everyone will be able to kill (think Star Fortress heroic).
  • It only has a chance to drop. From my understanding, EC can be repeated infinitely so you can probably farm the mount in a day if you want but it's not a mount for everyone like the Strike Force Tauntaun from DF or Jungle Sleen from Ravagers.

So I don't mind this too much but that's because I had already come to terms with a NiM mount being put on the Cartel Market.

Obviously, we still don't know the difficulty of the 10th boss, the drop rate, whether the mount is BoP and whether the mount can drop while in there as a group. I still believe that there was a plan at one point to add the Rancor to the Cartel Market and they then repurposed it but it's hard to tell for sure.

It still gives me some hope that the devs will not give away NiM mounts too easily, and given how they just added the new Commemorative Statues to all the endbosses, it seems the devs certainly want to incentivise raiding.

Edited by Jerba

So we now know that the Rancor drops from Eternal Championship but I haven't seen any discussion on it yet.

This is not as bad as dropping from a Cartel Pack:

• It still drops from a PvE activity and cannot be bought with real money.
  • It drops from the 10th boss which not everyone will be able to kill (think Star Fortress heroic).
  • It only has a chance to drop. From my understanding, EC can be repeated infinitely so you can probably farm the mount in a day if you want but it's not a mount for everyone like the Strike Force Tauntaun from DF or Jungle Sleen from Ravagers.

So I don't mind this too much but that's because I had already come to terms with a NiM mount being put on the Cartel Market.

Obviously, we still don't know the difficulty of the 10th boss, the drop rate, whether the mount is BoP and whether the mount can drop while in there as a group. I still believe that there was a plan at one point to add the Rancor to the Cartel Market and they then repurposed it but it's hard to tell for sure.

It still gives me some hope that the devs will not give away NiM mounts too easily, and given how they just added the new Commemorative Statues to all the endbosses, it seems the devs certainly want to incentivise raiding.

As someone who is still a casual raider, that's actually pretty okay imo. Those who do manage to kick *** in NIMs deserve the mount. Still, it doesn't make sense for a Grob'thok clone to drop from what will probably be an Eternal Empire-related boss.

As for the statues, do those only drop in hard or nightmare?