Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do we have any idea when the servers will be back up??? hopefully before tomorrow!!

Well, where i live, "tomorrow" already started...12:30am by now^^

So i am just waiting for 6.5 hours now, totally ok from their perspective I guess, as long as my subscription gets paid (which just did for 6 months in advance), its not important to keep people like me happy at all.

Sry for getting salty by now, but i just can't help it.

bugs

1.) world conquest disable for guilds to do last patch before this one came out -sad

2.) bad patch job getting fix today and all servers be down unknown when they be up again -sad

3.) can't do main / toon champions quest line once your new main lv60 made off the back! -sad

*story of my life can't even get marry to a nice purity girl or guy brand new main lv60:(

Hey folks,

We are nearing my "best case scenario" of one hour. We are not ready to bring the servers live yet, but we are still looking good. We are continuing to push the update out across our live servers, where we will then test these changes again. Assuming at that point, that everything looks good, we will bring the servers online. I am being told that it is possible that all of this can be complete within an hour. So, another best case ETA of one hour from the time of this post, or 6:30 PM CT.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thank you, Eric! I appreciate all the hard work you and your team go through to make the game work for us.

I know how tricky it can be, but I just wanted to come out of "lurk mode" and say thank you.

Hey folks,

We are nearing my "best case scenario" of one hour. We are not ready to bring the servers live yet, but we are still looking good. We are continuing to push the update out across our live servers, where we will then test these changes again. Assuming at that point, that everything looks good, we will bring the servers online. I am being told that it is possible that all of this can be complete within an hour. So, another best case ETA of one hour from the time of this post, or 6:30 PM CT.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Let's try and not shoot the messenger lol

This thread is hilarious, and a prime example of why they keep us in the dark about everything. There is just no satisfying the "I deserve everything/I have to have it now" crowd..... But it's fun as hell reading them whine about it.

its not a crowd, its a couple of generations ...

Edited by TheHitmanDon

My day off.

Sleep in since servers will be down in morning anyways.

Wake up and go through my morning routine.

Open launcher.

Type stuff and game patches... very slowly.

Button that says play pops up.

I want to play so, I click.

Launcher disappears.

No game.

I scratch my head.

Try to restart launcher.

Nothing...

I know launcher won't boot if already logged on.

Restart computer to break connection.

Go online.

Look for server status.

Find this thread.

There's a disturbance in the force.

I go away.

I return.

Look for server status.

Look at clock.

Give in to the hatred.

Now, I swear.

Rabble, rabble, rabble.

Must find puppy to kick so my turning to the dark side will be complete.

The longer a MMORPG is up, the more complex it gets. Expansions, changes, updates. New tech, new servers, new graphics. Constant new code. The longer a MMORPG has been around, the more you have to do, to do anything.

Bugs are a fact of life with MMORPGs. Problems WILL happen. It takes a lot of hard work just to fix a bug as simple as a door closing or a sound cue, much less complex mission updates or combat balance issues. Even giant games with tones of money and people like Perfect World and WoW go down for a while and have to deal with big problems like this. It happens.

Patience. Breathe. Play another game for a while. Go outside. Paint. Exercise. Sleep. Go to work. It'll be done soon enough. If it takes a while, Bioware WILL give you the time back in either subscription hours or Cartel Coins. Early Access and Full Access will both be pushed back a bit. It's ok. It happens. Better that something that might wreak your experience be handled NOW, then let you play in it for days while they trying to fix it in the background.

And please, never take a day off work for a video game.

Well said! I couldn't agree more.

Guys. For Marrs sake stop whining! They are trying there best. I always think about it this way: The longer is takes, the better is will be. If you stop complaining and play something else it will be done soon. So please, talk about something else besides referrals and servers being down.

This game is too old to be having these issues. I shouldn't come home from work and find my game not working. Please fix this quickly and make sure it doesn't happen again. Thank you.

Well, since it is you asking, and you asked so nicely... BW will never, evvvvaaa... have another bug in the code again.

I'm glad that's taken care of! ^_-

The longer a MMORPG is up, the more complex it gets. Expansions, changes, updates. New tech, new servers, new graphics. Constant new code. The longer a MMORPG has been around, the more you have to do, to do anything.

Bugs are a fact of life with MMORPGs. Problems WILL happen. It takes a lot of hard work just to fix a bug as simple as a door closing or a sound cue, much less complex mission updates or combat balance issues. Even giant games with tones of money and people like Perfect World and WoW go down for a while and have to deal with big problems like this. It happens.

Patience. Breathe. Play another game for a while. Go outside. Paint. Exercise. Sleep. Go to work. It'll be done soon enough. If it takes a while, Bioware WILL give you the time back in either subscription hours or Cartel Coins. Early Access and Full Access will both be pushed back a bit. It's ok. It happens. Better that something that might wreak your experience be handled NOW, then let you play in it for days while they trying to fix it in the background.

And please, never take a day off work for a video game.

Point me to new servers, new graphics, new tech. I would love to see a server merge of the dead servers left out there, some updated graphics, and new tech would fix a lot of their issues. I admire your efforts. However, no. This game always has a major bug on expansions, patches, etc. when launch days hit. If its hard for a giant like Bioware to fix "a door closing," then we have bigger issues on our hands. With that being said, yes mission fixes and combat balance is more complex, but they have never listened to players about class balance issues, and the fact they caught it still during patch time means it has been an issue through development and they realized just in time that it wasn't going to fix itself.

Bioware will not compensate anyone. I don't think they ever have. They certainly won't give anyone extended hours on anything or cartel coins. You are right problems will happen, and it is hard, but their job is to minimize those problems, and have things available for their player base in a timely manner. Not this.

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Actually a "best case scenario" would have been to actually do your testing before this disaster of a maintenance period started. Find the bugs before you take the servers down. Either test yourselves (which you obviously don't seem to do unless you've already taken the servers down), or put the patch up on the PTS and have the users test.

Since you're just having the subscribers beta test for your with the complimentary "early access" you might as well have us test it for you before you put it on the production servers. Imagine how much embarrassment that would save you. Because believe me, this is a total embarrassment.

But hey, thanks for keeping us informed. Will you also be informing the subscribers about the prorated refunds they'll be getting for not being able to access the servers today or for not getting their "two days of early access" that you've been touting as a major selling point for being a subscriber?