Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

I used to program. A quest can take hundreds if not thousands of lines of code depending on the length of it. With the length of the chapters to date I would say that it would be closer to the thousands. Give them time. I am not saying that a nice present from Bioware would not be welcome. I did joke about it earlier. But guys and gals I am sure that you have better things to do than to troll these forums. If not, I feel very very sorry for you.

Dude, you do know that 3/4's of the quest and world development is in a graphical interface right? they don't hardcode them all anymore. Might want to try some world creator, and game engine trials lol.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, you think YOU could do better?

Most good MMO companies develop a update / patch then fully test it them selves on a mirrored test server before applying it to the main servers to insure that the update / patch will successfully work. Not during the actual updating / patching process. To rush the content with out properly testing leads to these kinda issues. And that is not coming from just person who plays them but a person who runs them as well.

Wouldn't it make more sense to figure out the solution to the problem first, and THEN disable the servers to apply said solution? Maybe disable whatever functions will lead to the problem in the meantime? I mean some of us haven't ever even messed with Alliance Alert missions. Not exactly fair to shut down all servers for an issue not vital to story progression.

Oh ye of little faith: MMORPGs have been around a lot longer than that... try since the 1970s... they were played on tables and used dice and dungeon masters to play....:D

That's an RPG sunshine the "O" in mmorpg (massively multiplayer online role playing game), means "online", so if you weren't using a pc connected to another few thousand users playing the same game together it was not mmorpg. infact if you were not connected to another pc to play it single player it wasn't even an orpg.

A big LOL to all the people saying this is the worst they ever been treated blah blah blah ..... have you never played a MMO before....s h i t happens it's a fact of life...but come on folks, play WoW on patch day it happens almost every patch, play STO-Star Trek Online same thing .....welcome to patch day of the MMO world! At least the DEV team alerts us that it's extended maintenance unlike RIOT Games back in s2 and s3 of League of Legends.

TOLL OUT

So is the login service unavailable for everyone at this point, or just me?

I broke the launcher trying to fix "Network Error While Downloading Patch Data. Retrying (301)", and I'm unsure about whether my launcher is fine now that I've repaired it... aaaaand then I have to patch. The petches were so quick before BW forced this streaming launcher on us =\

The streaming launcher is actually not forced on you, you can actually manually switch to the far superior original one in a config file. They just pretend the original doesn't exist anymore. Unfortunately, it requires a complete redownload of the game :( . Just google it.

I remember when EQ1 went live and immediately crashed, took a week to restore it. It won't happen again, but why gripe at a problem that they found and are correcting. So be patient and you will have the game back or go find another game, but if you do they will have the same problem as this game, stuff happens, it is called being human.

Please keep Euro servers down an extra day so they get NO early access. Not like they deserve it.

Pipe down on the racism please, thanks.

Really folks? The hell is wrong with some people here? Go hate against the servers again, that at least made 1% more sense.

Also.. sucks for you buddy, not all euros play on the euro servers. Now what?

Edited by Rasyel

No, it is the rules, or can you not read?

You are allowed to put your referral link in your signature, not in the main body of your post. You're also not allowed to post JUST for the purpose of referral links.

This has been made QUITE clear by Eric and the rules. He even posted about it today and specifically mentioned the rules and posting of referral links.

Or do you not care about the rules?

---

And yes, there should be a ton of bans and removal of clicks tomorrow.

This rule has made the past hour of waiting somewhat entertaining for me as I report all those who dont read the rules.

I don't know what the Americans think there on.

We pay same as you.

We expect service same as you.

On my one trip to your country service was very important to everyone and if it wasn't delivered there was hell to pay.

This isn't about where we are or where we are from. its about the fact we have paid for a service and not received it.

So would all the Americans who are basically saying we are not important even though we subscribe exactly the same please tell me why we are less important.

Ignore those droids, they are not the ones you are looking for. Some people from europe were ************, some from my side were ************. One constant is they are all *****es. This does not speak ill of anyone else.

Eric, u have so much time at your disposal, yet u announced February 9 for the launch! We wouldn't mind if u have announce March 1 BUT when we logged in everything to be alright!

P.S.-btw 1 AM, Feb 10 here!

P.S1- as punishmente, u must tell us who Snoke is!

I remember when EQ1 went live and immediately crashed, took a week to restore it. It won't happen again, but why gripe at a problem that they found and are correcting. So be patient and you will have the game back or go find another game, but if you do they will have the same problem as this game, stuff happens, it is called being human.

What game is that?

I learned two things in the last few minutes. Apparently servers are up and you cannot post referrral links anywhere but your Sig. Please dont report me daddies.

Server doesn't seem to be up on my end, and their last tweet was saying in about an hour they will probably be up, maybe less.