Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

Why should Europe get preferential treatment?

Side note: It's fun watching all the posts go by threatening to unsub and calling the dev team monkeys. You think that SWTOR is the only MMO that has problems on expansion days?

Its not an expansion its just patch 4.1 if it would be patch 5.0 that would be an expansion. I cant remember when was last patch that was released on time whit no delays or problems its always like this here... cant they learn try to do that **** on test servers few days prior to release...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first MMORPG is believed to have shown up in 1996, Meridian 59

It wasn't until 1997, with Ultima Online, that the genre started to become popular.

Rofl ultima online... i remember playing that... thats how you know weve been gaming too long.... lol :)

j/k no such thing as gaming to long

I am U.S. and have been to Europe many times. They have just as many whiny *** holes as we do. Think they all need to shut up and deal with it. Become developers and fix it themselves and still shut up.

Totally agree, so many people are whining about them not being able to get early access now, sit down and shut up, so what if you can't get ahead of other players. So what if you get the new comps first, just because this has messed up your daily "timetable" doesn't mean you should complain about some technical difficulties. These things happen so suck it up and stop being whiny little *****es.

Edited by WTFHcKz

Totally agree, so many people are whining about them not being able to get early access now, sit down and shut up, so what if you can't get ahead of other players. So what if you get the new comps first, just because this has messed up your daily "timetable" doesn't mean you should complain about some minor technical difficulties. These things happen so suck it up and stop being whiny little *****es.

Thank you!

As a Major Incident Manager you hit the nail on the head. So many times this happens due to not being able to adequately test a code fix/patch/deployment in a lower environment that replicates production. Also, to play devil's advocate (a wee little bit), there are also lower environments that are unable to replicate production though extenuating (SP?) circumstances. Rare though. That might play a part in this too if the prod environment is too big. Truth is we don't know the back end architecture and the actual problems that they are facing with implementing this. All is speculation. It is just a waiting game for us.

Just to give this some perspective, There is most likely a P1 incident outage to their business and a huge conference call that is going on right now with Major Incident Managers (with executives and business leaders on the call) that are working their damnedest to get this back up quickly and to find out what actually happened.

FYI, P1 and P2 incidents are to restore service. If the ASAP restoration is to roll back a change/deployment will cost the company less money then pushing forward, they will take it.

Hope I could provide a little insight into some inner workings a little for some. No hate please XD.

Excellent point! I think you guys are right on the "money"...