The Chance Cube - EAware's last chance to milk the playerbase?

Friend-Referral

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well lets hope its gonna back fire so hard that they shut down.

Then maybe some other company can make a star wars game.

EA equals CASH GRABBBBBIIINNNNN !

And the also give 0 fks about customers....

Edited by Crysicko

EA hold the license, no-one else can make a Star Wars game, but you're logic is otherwise unassailable.

If they shutdown this Bioware SWTOR what makes you think there will ever be another one made by someone else? There certainly won't be for as long as Bioware have the license and that's still a number of years yet.

You think Bioware is going to lose a big chunk of their revenue because they made the packs better? By better I mean, instead of getting crappy bronze armour that nets about 5k credits, we get a chance cube that can hold some Silver or Gold armour from packs now discontinued.

You think they'll just stop making that crappy "bronze" armor that takes little or no effort to recolor? Hell no lol...it'll be bumped to "silver" status and sold as if it were "silver". They'll just cut down on what was formerly "gold", meaning new models.

I hope it pays off...but I don't think it will. I know I don't buy packs to get old crap I can find on the GTN, I buy packs for new items. I fail to see who this will benefit other than Bioware who needs to do less.

You think they'll just stop making that crappy "bronze" armor that takes little or no effort to recolor? Hell no lol...it'll be bumped to "silver" status and sold as if it were "silver". They'll just cut down on what was formerly "gold", meaning new models.

I hope it pays off...but I don't think it will. I know I don't buy packs to get old crap I can find on the GTN, I buy packs for new items. I fail to see who this will benefit other than Bioware who needs to do less.

I buy packs with the monthly CC grant I get.

Sometimes the items are 20 Mil on the GTN and I just don't have 20 Mil to spare.

I'm still failing to see the death of the game from this change (which again, does not have a negative that I can see from Bioware's post)

Sorry to those who have everything on the CM already and don't want to get duplicates of things (which in your mind you must not be able to sell on the GTN?). I guess that's the only person I can think of that this represents a net negative for--the jaded <1% of the player base that has everything already and gets mad when the lesser players below them get thrown a bone every now and then. Shame on you Bioware!

Stop whining about them trying to make money, they have to make it somewhere running this game is not cheap and Subscriptions alone does not pay the bills. It is very simple if you do not like what they are doing on the Cartel Market then don't open it, that way you don't have to see it. If we want to spend our money that is our choice as not spending it is yours.

Stop whining about them trying to make money, they have to make it somewhere running this game is not cheap and Subscriptions alone does not pay the bills.

It would have been able to pay the bills if Bioware would manage their development power and QA better. Final Fantasy XIV and World of Warcraft are still running mostly on subscription money. So...maybe making actual content for all playstyles would increase their profit. Shocking, right?

I suggest they stop with this stupid chance cubes and actually give us something worth it, maybe 'choice cube' then we can choose what we want, but it is bound with no timer...then i can get the set i want without spending 100s to get packs.

I know EA are greedy, but this is insulting to say the least.

Stop whining about them trying to make money, they have to make it somewhere running this game is not cheap and Subscriptions alone does not pay the bills. It is very simple if you do not like what they are doing on the Cartel Market then don't open it, that way you don't have to see it. If we want to spend our money that is our choice as not spending it is yours.

^^--This...QFT

Stop whining about them trying to make money, they have to make it somewhere running this game is not cheap and Subscriptions alone does not pay the bills.

How do you come to that conclusion? Do you believe SWTOR is doing that badly?

I don't think theres anything wrong with SWTOR's cash shop. I've seen worse in other games.

I think the real issues will arise when governments cotton on to the fact, these games are now a form of 'gambling' though are not monitored by the relevant authorities as is required in some countries.

If you guys honestly want a change, you need to stop using the official forums and take to reddit's SWTOR & tweet them on twitter. Once it's talked about on a public stage, it's going to get more attention.

I really hope bronze items are fixed from the packs because they made it sound like silver and gold items dropped from the grand chance cube, not bronze.

If you guys honestly want a change, you need to stop using the official forums and take to reddit's SWTOR & tweet them on twitter. Once it's talked about on a public stage, it's going to get more attention.

I really hope bronze items are fixed from the packs because they made it sound like silver and gold items dropped from the grand chance cube, not bronze.

If you want change, stop buying them.