will we get to keep the expertise crystal schematics that we already have?

watermelonfan

I read in the developer tracker that expertise color crystal schematics will no longer be trainable once 4.1 hits. Will we get to keep the expertise crystal schematics that we already have? From the best of my knowledge, the only ones that the trainer has are the tri color ones. The patch notes said that expertise color crystals will only be purchasable from the pvp vendor. That would mean those tri color expertise ones would become exclusive to the pvp vendor. Will the PVP vendor also have the blue, purple, yellow, and cyan + 41 expertise crystals? Or will those still remain exclusive to those who got these expertise schematics from the grade 6 crafting pvp box?

I suspect they will be moved to the archive folder on your crafting tree. A new crafter will never know these existed, but you will still have the schematics if this indeed is how it plays out.

However, if BW pulls the same stunt they did at 4.0, you may still lose the ability to craft these. When they simplified the resources in game, they changed the crafting requirements for many items. Some were overlooked and required resources that were no longer available in the game.

If they pull that stunt again, you may find that any impacted recipes or schematics you have will not be updated so you can continue to produce the items. You will continue to have the schematic, but you will lose the ability to craft the item. And since the item is now viewed as being obsolete, I doubt BW will take the time to update the resource requirements for the impacted schematics.

So craft the item while you can. Because at this point, any schematic that has found its way to the archive folder is living on borrowed time.

Edited by ForceWelder

Forgive me, but will these really be worth crating anyway?

If they cost 1000 WZ comms or less, then I can't see anyone bothering to spend credits on them anymore.

We don't know if the crafted ones will be available at the pvp items vendor. The patch notes didn't specify which colors will be purchasable with WZ comms. So I feel like you are making an assumption.

• Dev Post
I read in the developer tracker that expertise color crystal schematics will no longer be trainable once 4.1 hits. Will we get to keep the expertise crystal schematics that we already have? From the best of my knowledge, the only ones that the trainer has are the tri color ones. The patch notes said that expertise color crystals will only be purchasable from the pvp vendor. That would mean those tri color expertise ones would become exclusive to the pvp vendor. Will the PVP vendor also have the blue, purple, yellow, and cyan + 41 expertise crystals? Or will those still remain exclusive to those who got these expertise schematics from the grade 6 crafting pvp box?

Good question!

We are not removing the Schematic from players that have already learned them.

-eric

That's great to hear. But will these same expertise crystals that are already craftable also be purchasable from the pvp vendor?

I seriously hope so. Because those crystals are as rare as rockinghorse **** even now. It would suck if the only half decent looking PvP crystals had to be purchased from the cartel market, and certain iconic colors (like the original blue) just went the way of the dodo.

Crafting is rapidly turning into a pointless exercise for cosmetic gear. I had a particular crafted helm as part of my outfit on my various mercs across multiple servers, that is essentially no longer available now outside of random world drops for a similar look. As a PvPer, I don't know why I'd ever really bother with Artificer now. And that sucks.

Edited by Jherad

I seriously hope so. Because those crystals are as rare as rockinghorse **** even now. It would suck if the only half decent looking PvP crystals had to be purchased from the cartel market, and certain iconic colors (like the original blue) just went the way of the dodo.

Crafting is rapidly turning into a pointless exercise for cosmetic gear. I had a particular crafted helm as part of my outfit on my various mercs across multiple servers, that is essentially no longer available now outside of random world drops for a similar look. As a PvPer, I don't know why I'd ever really bother with Artificer now. And that sucks.

I have to disagree. Adding the war hero crystals to the pvp item vendors would be really unfair to those who worked hard to get them from the grade 6 crafting pvp boxes. It would be a big slap in the face for players who gambled hundreds of thousands of warzone comms to get the schematics. they need to bring back those boxes so that the schematics become obtainable again but remain useful and ultra rare.

Good question!

-eric

Then you should not remove the schematics at all.

Purple war hero is extremely rare, and to learn it, I'd have to pay 15 mil and "feel lucky"..

On some servers, Purple and Cyan could very well go extinct: people leaving the game, no-one on the server knows the schematic anymore..

Current valid gear that is craftable: those schematics should remain available for new players.

Edited by NuRhoPhi

Bioware please don't add any of the craftable war hero crystals to the pvp vendor. It's not fair to those who worked really hard to get the schematics. Please just bring back the grade 6 crafting pvp box. That way the schematics are still obtainable and don't lose value.

Good question!

-eric

Call me an ******e, but this is the perfect example why this game's communication gets criticized by the community time and again. You literally ignored half the fking question. I mean, if you're not ready to answer the second part then just SAY so. You know, something like "we're not ready to comment on the availability of these crystals yet, I'll let you know as soon as I have new information."

Call me an ******e, but this is the perfect example why this game's communication gets criticized by the community time and again. You literally ignored half the fking question. I mean, if you're not ready to answer the second part then just SAY so. You know, something like "we're not ready to comment on the availability of these crystals yet, I'll let you know as soon as I have new information."

I totally agree. I wish he would answer both questions.

Edited by watermelonfan

They didn't specify which colors were being added in the dev tracker.

This is from the Artificing Changes 4.1 thread.

<<

Color Crystals

All crafted Color Crystals have had their level requirement removed

Expertise Color Crystals can no longer be trained, they are now sold directly from the “PvP Items” Vendor on the Fleet

>>

Being forced to spell out every detail comprehensively is one of the reasons we don't get more off-hand communications and answers; it's much easier to ignore questions and not get yelled at for giving non-comprehensive answers. They did strongly imply that something new is happening with expertise crystals formerly requiring rare pvp schematics and that "new" thing that is happening is that they will be on a pvp vendor. The current crystals on the pvp vendor never had schematics available so far as I know.

This is from the Artificing Changes 4.1 thread.

<<

Color Crystals

All crafted Color Crystals have had their level requirement removed

Expertise Color Crystals can no longer be trained, they are now sold directly from the “PvP Items” Vendor on the Fleet

>>

Being forced to spell out every detail comprehensively is one of the reasons we don't get more off-hand communications and answers; it's much easier to ignore questions and not get yelled at for giving non-comprehensive answers. They did strongly imply that something new is happening with expertise crystals formerly requiring rare pvp schematics and that "new" thing that is happening is that they will be on a pvp vendor. The current crystals on the pvp vendor never had schematics available so far as I know.

it says "Expertise Color Crystals can no longer be trained". Trained means going to your artifice trainer to learn the schematic. Since the Blue, cyan, purple, and yellow war hero crystal schematics came from the grade 6 crafting pvp boxes, that makes it very questionable if the crystals will be added to the vendor. I spent over 200,000 warzone comms to get the war hero crystal schematics that I have, so they better not make the schematics obsolete.

And no it would not have been difficult to take an extra 10 seconds to answer the second half of my question.

Edited by watermelonfan

Good question!

-eric

A better question is, Why are they being removed? I never thought expertise gear was a good idea so many abuse it outside of WZ and such. However as expertise stats are not being removed totally from the game this seems pointless.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

.....To introduce new colours with Expertise on the CM?

I for one am making a bunch of Expertise crystals- at least if the schematic goes - or mats aren't obtainable - I'll have the crystals to sell.....for millions.....I hope.....:eek:

Why wouldn't the mats be available?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.