First time playing "Starfighter battle"

DeadCheck

Am I part of the shuffle? If I am, it's not intended. lol

Monday (last day I flew), I did my daily imp side and then went pub for daily. I fly both sides as equally as I can on any server though.

Inasmuch as two people who've never met and play a video game can be, I think we would consider each other friends. So keep that in mind when I respond to the question above.

:D

The shuffle, as I view it, is primarily a solo queue phenomenon. Players on one faction run into a strong premade on the other faction and get blitzed. Many people log off and log into the opposite faction hoping to get matches with that strong premade.

There is, however, a different but not as frequent form of the shuffle where the premade switches sides. There was a match last week (and you'll remember which one cause you apologized to me afterward :o) where you were in a match with your group and then the entire group switched from Imp to Pub to do dailies and blitzed the other side. And yes, that was on the Six/Lucky alts which are your "mostly group" accounts. So yeah, that was an issue as far as balancing out the matches. I think you probably are fairly protective of your winning percentage on those toons, but I'm of the opinion that you don't have a mean-spirited bone in your body. It's more of an effect to a cause than because you enjoy easy wins.

Now, have I engaged in the Harbinger Shuffle? Of course. If I'm looking to just get a quick daily done on a toon or if I have an alt that has a bunch of weak ships, I'll log onto whichever side I perceive to be the quicker daily. Since I'm more of an Indian than a chief, I don't worry about it too much as I'm not going to swing the result for a faction. When I do find myself on the winning side of those matches, I do try to be in a strike or a non-meta ship if I have one on the bar (I usually have at least a tensor scout or a non-meta gunship on there), unless I'm just trying to get double req on one of the meta ships.

Harbinger is a good server to learn on in my opinion because it's got a good mix of above average to ace pilots that can help someone learn how to do better along with enough newer players where it's not prohibitively difficult to fly (which was something I experienced during the SRW conquest event when there were so many good pilots that it really woke me up to the different in skill between the really good players and the intermediate folks like me). Some will complain about the bomber spam, but I don't view that as a bomber problem as much as it being an "intermediate players taking advantage of newer players in a domination match" problem. In a TDM, it manifests itself as a gunship problem because in this small community, there aren't enough elite scout pilots to really punish the mega-gunship strategy.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you probably are fairly protective of your winning percentage on those toons.

Going to pick on that part of your post. Yes and no, I pride myself in what w/l I do have on those two toons. It's not the best in the game by any means nor are they my highest on Harbinger or any other server. The reason I group specifically on Six and Lucky is because those two are my most flown, well known and key word "targeted". For me to fly alone on them is painting a large target on my name, saying "kill me".

Another point on your post concerning the "shuffle". I don't remember what night it was, two nights ago I think, I was flying on Six for my daily and planned to go pub after for that daily. That night I only had one other in group, so certainly not a "premade" by any means. Hey I usually start imp side, go figure. Anyway, I lost both matches imp side and then instead of being part of the shuffle and doing my daily on the stronger side, I just tossed in the hat and called it a night. Roland might remember that conversation. lol

However, aren't we highjacking this topic? If we are, sorry and stay on target. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.