Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Not whining, but this is kinda funny...

Slamsonite

I'm optimistic and don't really care when I get in, to say first of all. But, I am questioning whether BioWare has handled this whole thing properly.

At first it was just the rage over not getting to play. That I laughed at. But now I'm seeing threads from people in-game complaining they can't get groups together for BT (first flashpoint) because there's so few people. And there's the PVP thing (not really a big deal in my opinion, so I was hesitant to even mention it).

The simple solution does seem to be let more people in ... And hopefully tomorrow they do just that. A lot more, hehe. ;P

yea well it is plainly obvious they didn't let enough people in. The server pop are so low and there had to be almost double this amount during the beta weekend or something and people cant even find groups.

It really is unbelievable that they did only 5 waves it seems painfully obvious that the servers are 100% fine and can handle a lot more without worry of lag.

Edited by Isirus

well the majority of player are all ready off the first planet and when the people get home from there jobs i highly doubt its gonna make a huge difference. Considering east coast its all ready nearing 7 pm and the east coast server seem to be fine.

As I said I don't really care when I get in (... maybe just a little bit), but I wouldn't be surprised if by "larger waves" tomorrow they mean much larger.

And the whole "people who have jobs" argument doesn't make any sense, think it through and account for the stress tests.

Maybe we should wait until the rest of the invitees (you know, the ones with jobs) have a chance to get home and log on before we declare the current numbers too low, eh?

Wisdom. Total utter wisdom. And not just those with jobs - college students with finals, High School students who didn't play hooky today... Wisdom.

But now I'm seeing threads from people in-game complaining they can't get groups together for BT (first flashpoint) because there's so few people. And there's the PVP thing (not really a big deal in my opinion, so I was hesitant to even mention it).

Funny...

Im finding the opposite...

Even if you search the Live Streams, most are running instances or Warzones...

You do realize you can check the server status right here on the forum page? 90% of the servers are showing "FULL" which means you have to que to play a game your paying for. Why would they let even MORE people in to que?

They need to open more servers tomorrow, a lot more. But who knows, im still stuck waiting either way.

The worst part is my guilds server is FULL... long before the majority of us even get in. This is bad business. I really hope they can open up the pop capacity on these things, otherwise guild deployment was a giant waste of time for everyone involved.

it does suck playing the 'Second Date', ya know? "Omg when will bioware call me?" I better hover by the phone in case he/she calls! You wait, then you wait.. then you wait some more.

Bioware: "I just wanna be friends right now, but maybe tomorrow we can hook up."

You: "Oh.. ok, was it something I said or something I did?"

Bioware: " No, I just think we need some time apart for now."

yes, I'm going crazy.. BIOWARE DID THIS TO MEH!!!

I'm optimistic and don't really care when I get in, to say first of all. But, I am questioning whether BioWare has handled this whole thing properly.

At first it was just the rage over not getting to play. That I laughed at. But now I'm seeing threads from people in-game complaining they can't get groups together for BT (first flashpoint) because there's so few people. And there's the PVP thing (not really a big deal in my opinion, so I was hesitant to even mention it).

The simple solution does seem to be let more people in ... And hopefully tomorrow they do just that. A lot more, hehe. ;P

There is little doubt they let way too few in. At this point its water under the bridge. They would be smart to admit it and move on rather than try to explain it away.

http://i.imgur.com/Go8um.jpg im just gonna leave that there...

Thanks. I wasn't gonna bother trying to explain that the server page we see on the forums in no way represents the in-game.

I'm not trolling or complaining that I'm not in. Like I said, I don't really care when I get in. I'm just looking at BioWare's strategy. Someone mentioned they forgive them for this -- I don't even think they need forgiving, I'm <3 BioWare, and having played in beta I know this is a terrific game.

I'm just talking about EGA, and again, for clarifications sake, really not complaining about it. The only thing that seems wrong now is that people who are actually in game are now complaining, too, about not enough people being let in. I didn't see this coming with all the mega-talk of massive pre-orders in July. I'm a long-time BioWare fan and am confident everything will be handled, but it does seem they were a bit over-cautious today. Or they were just trying to please the people who did pre-order immediately. Either way it's admirable, I suppose. Learning lesson for then next EGA MMo: if your servers kick ***, don't underestimate them. :p

What I don't get is, if you look at the forums list... like 80% of the servers say FULL!??!...

But I have seen LOTS of posts about it being somewhat.. barren? >_>!?!?

Come on now... I'm not liking the looks of this so far.. might want to increase the number of people it takes to make a new "instance" in the game?

There is little doubt they let way too few in. At this point its water under the bridge. They would be smart to admit it and move on rather than try to explain it away.

Exactly. So, basically my message to everyone wigging out over EGA is... A whole lot of people are probably going to get in tomorrow to remedy this. ... Am I wrong?

What I don't get is, if you look at the forums list... like 80% of the servers say FULL!??!...

But I have seen LOTS of posts about it being somewhat.. barren? >_>!?!?

Come on now... I'm not liking the looks of this so far.. might want to increase the number of people it takes to make a new "instance" in the game?

Grumzz, check out the image posted in this thread for actual in-game server pops. The one on this website isn't functioning and, as someone else mentioned, I don't think it's worked properly since beta.

IMO they should let the people who pre-ordered but won't get the full 5 days of early access due to their pre-order being later than others, an extended amount of "unofficial early access" time after launch, would completely satisfy people such as me who are in the red zone and will not be able to play the game until a later date.

E.G. I pre-ordered on Dec 2nd, i believe i won't be able to play until the 19th, therefore why not let me play until the 24th, as i won't receive the game till January, sounds fair to me!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.