The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

F2P Model stinks (How to get my friends play the game)

Ricul

1) Let people have as many Hotbars as they want and let people customize the look with the items they find for free.

Charging money for this is a d.i.c.k.-move and prevents people from joining the community.

2) Let people write in Forums without paying so you may get some clues as of why people don't play this game as frewbies. Also streamline Skills. 50 different attacks are more than we need or ever asked for.

3) You copied everything from WoW/Everquest/Anarchy Online/Whatever including the "perks" so why not compress all the skills into fewer more refined ones to make the game more accessable. Maybe people would actually have the opportunity to look at the Screen and not the keyboard.

4) HP creep is still in the game. First 3-5 Planets 2+ Missions are easy and fast. Later Planets Mobs habe 50k HP and you do 200-300 DPS max. in a Quest that says: Kill 50x 40y and 30z.....at least for solo

5) Thin out Mobs in ALL of the areas. If you go in any thread asking about what to play solo the dominating answer is: "Something with stealth so you can skip mobs". This game is absolutely packed with mobs EVERYWHERE and if you are not a stealth class and just want to get this one damn quest done you constantly get attacked by everything every 10 Meters. It is infuriating let me tell you. Constantly trying to avoid enemies and getting shot off your speeder or running through an instance and having no way to avoid those millions and millions and millions of mobs just to get to the MEAT OF THE GAME made me quit twice and others once and for all.

Well thats it for now....those are my suggestions and my opinions about how to make the game more populated.

If you have a different oppinion please write it down but keep in mind, that it will not change my oppinion. So don't discredit it as false. It is a subjective feeling after all.

Edited by Ricul

Hell no on number 1 & 2. There's a bunch of hardcore haters and trolls out there would've love nothing more than getting the gates opened so that they can spam the forums with toxic posts, and nonsense of how they wish this game would die and someone would make SWG 2.

As for the freeloaders... you get what you paid for. :D

Too cheap to pay for anything? Enjoy the restrictions.

Hell no on number 1 & 2. There's a bunch of hardcore haters and trolls out there would've love nothing more than getting the gates opened so that they can spam the forums with toxic posts, and nonsense of how they wish this game would die and someone would make SWG 2.

I do not get this complaint about 1&2, Sure you inicially would have some Trolls but in the long run only people that WANT to play would complain here. This attitude towards free to play people is more toxic than the actual people imho.

I do not get this complaint about 1&2, Sure you inicially would have some Trolls but in the long run only people that WANT to play would complain here. This attitude towards free to play people is more toxic than the actual people imho.

No, you wouldn't. As one of the most notorious trolls on these boards proved by even being willing to pay for new accounts over and over to continue his trolling. Now picture someone like that, with no costs to himself involved whatsoever.

As for the people who want to "would complain here", that's exactly what they'd do. Daily posts about how they deserve to have everything for free. It obviously wouldn't go for ALL of them, but for a large enough number of them to make it so it'd get annoying real fast.

Edited by Callaron

From my experience with SWG 10+ years ago, and every other online game that allows f2p players to post on forums, I feel you are exactly 100% wrong here, I am sorry to say.

Open the forums up to f2p players, and you will have a group who complain because of restrictions (and if there are no restrictions, what is our incentive to keep subscribing?); you will have a group who come to the forums and troll the rest of the community, causing an inordinate amount of disruption that Bioware will be unable to do anything about (you think that banning people will help? Look how ineffective Bioware are at combatting in-game credit selling, which is all fronted by f2p accounts, and then imagine that atmosphere coming to the forums); then there will be the group who hold out the carrot of a subscription ("oh, if only the game were easier/harder/longer/more pvp/less pvp/nude scenes/some random stuff, I would subscribe, but instead I am going to post here and whine").

F2p players get to play the game. If they don't like the limitations that are placed on them in a game they are not supporting financially, they have 2 choices: pony up some money, or leave. While the accountants might miss them, and the potential to turn their lack of financial support into revenue, the fact that they have not yet started supporting the game means they have no say, and no rights (other than to leave).

Reply to point 5)

Mobs slow you down - More time wading through them means more time subbing. - okay a few seconds to mow them down - but multiply that by 1000s of customers..... From a purely business PoV it makes sense ($$$$) - That's why the objectives are at he end of Looooong corridors/ back on DK or fleet or through orbital stations /through areas you can't QT from...... or the bonus is to kill 12/20/30/40 mobs as well.

-And remember in the old days, XP gain was slow - so killing mobs kept the XP meter ticking up - albeit slowly.

But yeah, they could dial down the Aggro range if you're down-level synched.

Speaking of freeloading, aren't you doing basically that by hoping people click on your ref link in sig?

Quick thread summary - f2p restrictions are often draconian and turn away potential customers (ie I have to sub just to receive a lousy 100 credit reward from a mission completion, what else are they gonna moneygrab for)

The model won't change and venting about it/hoping for change results in people defending it and saying people who don't sub are too cheap despite the issue being brought up by actual subs.