Credit Farming spot to fix in Corellia.

JediJuliusDavin

LOL, there are too many similar places. And if I want to sit there and spam kill elites there, or anywhere else, why do you care? Oricon is a much better place to credit farm though. A lot more elites in a very small area. And even with level sync, very short battles.

But no devs, please don't remove these places from the game. I can make more in an hour of grinding them than I can selling mats on the GTN.

BW doesn't care, honestly. Many players report similar spots, bot activity, etc., and usually next to nothing happens.

The one time I was suspended, was because of how I reacted to another player who thought I was a bot. He called me a few names in /say and /general along the lines of bot, and some racial terms for asian players. I did respond back in a life manner, told him I was a player, but report me if you want. But you can kiss a part of my body. I was suspended for 3 days, as the email said, "because I used harsh language, and need to respect other players." I do not know if he was suspended for using racial terms, but since he was the reporter, I doubt it.

The one time I was suspended, was because of how I reacted to another player who thought I was a bot. He called me a few names in /say and /general along the lines of bot, and some racial terms for asian players. I did respond back in a life manner, told him I was a player, but report me if you want. But you can kiss a part of my body. I was suspended for 3 days, as the email said, "because I used harsh language, and need to respect other players." I do not know if he was suspended for using racial terms, but since he was the reporter, I doubt it.

That sounds about right with their track record..

I think the best you can do is report the bots.

If only it worked. It should work. If there's a reason it doesn't I'd like to know why. I wasted a lot of time trying to do the right thing:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=840682

I filed a ticket every day for a month, nothing was ever done, and now one of them has moved on to Ziost.

That's unfortunate. There's at least 2 regular bots that I've noticed on Ziost.

I know that whoever deals with this has to be careful in building their proof against a character, so that they don't accidentally get a player that isn't botting, but the bots should get removed eventually. I noticed even an old spam bot from months ago just sent one of my characters spam recently. I'm not sure how many times I've had to report it.

BW doesn't care, honestly. Many players report similar spots, bot activity, etc., and usually next to nothing happens.

I left Jung Ma a few weeks back, I have a level 1 toon left in my old SH. I occasionally login and do a /who for Belsavis, Corellia, Hoth and Zionst and see credit farming bots I reported MONTHS ago, just farming unabated. If you go up to one of them the only achievement they have is "The Wealthy" nothing else, not even starter planet because they are insta-60s usually.

Late at night Jung Ma is literally 90% bots. I have filed detailed reports to Bioware months laters, nothing. On Ebon Hawk all 16 of my characters get the same spam mail from the same character twice a day and get reported 32 times a day, weeks later unabated.

Bioware literally gives zero foks.

But there is some hilarious irony, my account was once suspended because I sent 3mil credits to a new operative I created. I had to have multiple correspondence to get my account unbaned, they never recouped my time, and left my forum account banned and I had to contact them again and explain my situation. I constantly question why I give money to this terrible company.

Edited by KevinQCowart

So lately, I've been noticing bots hanging out more and around the Elites in the Black Hole area that consistently drop around 1000 credits and a guaranteed item of green or higher quality. Can someone look into patching this spot?

That's actually not an efficient grind.

Yep I reported several times on Ziost them farming that one gold star droid in that instant, if you stand outside where you begin the instant you can see 20 or so of the Jawa companion Blizz running in and out of the instant and they haven't done anything so I basically giving up reporting these idiots, figured if the developers don't give a **** then I don't...

1000 credits a kill ....

That is nothing. A complete waste of time. You can make more / hour just doing planetary heroics. I haven't crunched the numbers but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the planetary heroics (plus bonus quests) don't net you 3 - 4 million total each week.

And back before 4.0 released, I think the best credit farm was the bosses on Ziost. This location got a credit nerf a while back so it isn't as financially viable as it was then. But on the first map area on Ziost there is 11 bosses on a five minute reset you could kill throughout the map. Farming them could net you over 600k an hour plus get Ziost comms, ear pieces, or implants.

It was mind numbing to say the least, but I made millions doing this back in the day. And it was a great way to fill game time in while waiting for the expansion to drop.

That's actually not an efficient grind.

There is a difference between a player grinding and a bot farming.

Bots are automated scripts that allow a character to farm for hours and hours without any human intervention.

It is much easier for botters to create a simple automation script to keep a character farming a small area over and over than to attempt to create a complex script to automate picking up and completing heroic missions on multiple planets.

1000 credits a kill ....

That is nothing. A complete waste of time. You can make more / hour just doing planetary heroics. I haven't crunched the numbers but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the planetary heroics (plus bonus quests) don't net you 3 - 4 million total each week.

And back before 4.0 released, I think the best credit farm was the bosses on Ziost. This location got a credit nerf a while back so it isn't as financially viable as it was then. But on the first map area on Ziost there is 11 bosses on a five minute reset you could kill throughout the map. Farming them could net you over 600k an hour plus get Ziost comms, ear pieces, or implants.

It was mind numbing to say the least, but I made millions doing this back in the day. And it was a great way to fill game time in while waiting for the expansion to drop.

See above - if the OP was talking about players farming credits, you'd have a point.

But the OP was talking about automated bots, where the botter isn't looking for the most efficient player based farming method, just the most efficient to run automated scripts 24/ 7 with minimal human involvement.

Edited by DawnAskham

You got suspended because he reported you 1st. If someone use racist slurs and harsh language at you and you respond with harsh language and they report you than you get in trouble they don't. I've had it happen to me and I reply back using very harsh language to CS because if someone use harsh language at me I will reply in kind because that is the only language they understand.

Why do you care if someones makign more creds than you? What if It's some dude with no life farming creds himself for 12 hours a day. If you want to stop bots then don't buy their gold. That's all it wil take; a complete boycott in gold buying and they will stop. NO point in having 400,000,000,000 credits and no way to sell it. Eventually BW will find them and they'll lose their account.

PS. Don't buy the gold. done!

Why do you care if someones makign more creds than you? What if It's some dude with no life farming creds himself for 12 hours a day. If you want to stop bots then don't buy their gold. That's all it wil take; a complete boycott in gold buying and they will stop. NO point in having 400,000,000,000 credits and no way to sell it. Eventually BW will find them and they'll lose their account.

But this person has

A. Done nothing else on their account.

B. Moves suddenly and abruptly the exact same way throughout the environment.

C. Does not respond to any attempts at communication.

D. Ran into a wall for 3 hours straight.

B and D don't sound particularly human in nature and A and C are similar symptoms to a macro.

Im not aiming to ban the person, since the account is honestly none of my business. But they patched treasure chests giving out credits. So BW does care if bots farm an area, at least they used to. And gold sellers wouldn't happen if people never ever bought the credits. I never buy them, tell that to the people who do.

Edited by JediJuliusDavin

There is a difference between a player grinding and a bot farming.

Bots are automated scripts that allow a character to farm for hours and hours without any human intervention.

It is much easier for botters to create a simple automation script to keep a character farming a small area over and over than to attempt to create a complex script to automate picking up and completing heroic missions on multiple planets.

See above - if the OP was talking about players farming credits, you'd have a point.

But the OP was talking about automated bots, where the botter isn't looking for the most efficient player based farming method, just the most efficient to run automated scripts 24/ 7 with minimal human involvement.

Thank You!

I would presume the people reporting bots do not form the core client base of gold sellers.

Therefore trying to stop the bots feels like a more effective solution

Edited by exfell