Returning Companions

Vanis

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if you mean rekindle the romance after your toon rejected them when they were reunited, that is an interesting idea. It opens up a plethora of possibilities. ;)

Yeah, that's what I meant, and the "plethora of possibilities" is the part that makes me think that it's unlikely that it'll happen. There's just too many variables, and at what point does it become ridiculous for our toons to keep switching back and forth between their old lovers and their new ones?

Now, I can totally see it working under these circumstances:

1: The toon has to be single.

2: The toon has to have had a romance with the companion in question previously.

I could potentially see the Outlander having the chance to break up with Lana/Theron/Koth as KOTFE continues on. I mean, you could have ended things with Koth like 3 times already what with him leaving, and I can see Lana and Theron both potentially doing something/reacting to something that makes them or the Outlander question their relationship, thus prompting the chance for them to end it.

So I would see it working like this- the Outlander broke up with their first LI for whatever reason, and/or later they ended things with Lana/Theron/Koth for different reasons. Later on in the story after they may have shown that there's more interest there via flirts, probably right before a big battle, they encounter their former LI and get the chance to start their romance with them again. Bonus points if this is their last chance together- it either works or they end things for good.

I think its pretty much a sure thing that our toons will be able to rekindle their romances with the original LI when they eventually show up. There would be too much backlash if that option was only available for certain ones. If our toons cheated during the time they were separated we'll probably still be given a choice on who to stick with like it was with Aric and Kaliyo.

But if you mean rekindle the romance after your toon rejected them when they were reunited, that is an interesting idea. It opens up a plethora of possibilities. ;)

Of course we will be able to rekindle the romance with our returning LI companions. I just meant that we need to see more reunions and the dialogue during the break up to get some sort of trend if there even is one. Aric's response may be just a one off. I guess I will see when I break it off with Corso and Iresso on my smuggler and sage alts and possibly Nadia on my male shadow.

I have played the whole trooper story arc as a male character and I am looking forward to see him meeting

Elara Dorne again in season 2 of KOTFE.

What do you think about her?

From her letter that she will find your husband as an rescue reunion but she will don't get any help from Republic and

she will find her husband with other options. Possible her brother can assist her or with the Empire.

My smuggler can't wait to get Bowdaar, she's been so lonely. All those people in up in arms because their favourites aren't back yet seem to forget Smugglers have no one.

I know! Aside from that annoying ship droid, Smugglers basically got the short end of the stick.:mad:

The only upside until Bowdaar appears is that I plan on having my Smuggler recruit Blizz and Vette to her crew when she finally reaches KOTFE. That'll have to do until Corso eventually shows up with his trusty Torchy. :D

Edited by h_weber

My smuggler can't wait to get Bowdaar, she's been so lonely. All those people in up in arms because their favourites aren't back yet seem to forget Smugglers have no one.

I'm having a hard time not feeling cranky and annoyed about this, especially since my smuggler is my main. :mad: Mostly I just want Corso and Gus back, although my second smuggler would like his Akaavi.

• 2 weeks later...
I have played the whole trooper story arc as a male character and I am looking forward to see him meeting

Elara Dorne again in season 2 of KOTFE.

What do you think about her?

From her letter that she will find your husband as an rescue reunion but she will don't get any help from Republic and

she will find her husband with other options. Possible her brother can assist her or with the Empire.

This actually lines up with my personal question of the day. How do you expect the remaining companions, let’s say love interests and story significant followers (Lord Scourge, Gault, etc), are going to be reintroduced to us either in this season or the next.

Also, a thought that came to my mind, do you expect there will be more than two seasons? And if you do, will we get companions back in season three or (scary to think about) a potential season four?

Finally, do you expect even more original companions such as Koth or Senya showing up in the future?

This actually lines up with my personal question of the day. How do you expect the remaining companions, let’s say love interests and story significant followers (Lord Scourge, Gault, etc), are going to be reintroduced to us either in this season or the next.

I would be very surprised if they didn't introduce all the other companions next season. If they keep introducing 1-2 LIs and 1-2 side companions each month, then by the end of Season 2 we should have them all back. I can't imagine that they'd stretch out the reunions even further than that into the next year- players would absolutely riot. I don't think it would be a good decision on BW's part. I also don't think we'd have a long break in-between Season 1 and 2 either, since apparently there's some other MMO's out there either adding stuff or launching around August. It would be a bad idea for them to take a hiatus right as these other things are coming out. I can see them taking off November/December, or maybe December/January, but hopefully there won't be a super long wait for Season 2.

Also, a thought that came to my mind, do you expect there will be more than two seasons? And if you do, will we get companions back in season three or (scary to think about) a potential season four?

I think there's probably going to be 3 seasons. Season 1 will doubtlessly end on a cliff-hanger, Season 2 we'll (hopefully) get our companions back and get involved in another giant issue, and probably Season 3 will wrap up the adventures and SWTOR will either move on to a new story oooorrrrr... close down on a high note.

Finally, do you expect even more original companions such as Koth or Senya showing up in the future?

Hmmm... Possibly, but I kind of doubt it. We'll probably get cameo appearances from new allies we haven't met before, but I don't think they'll add any more permanent companions. Or if they do, it won't be very many.

Edited by Yermog

Does anyone know what conversation is the lock in point for romancing Torian? I skipped the first one on Taris and when he asks to join the crew, but it leaves me wondering. The next conversation where he thanks you for letting him join you on the hunt for Jicoln, there is a flirt option. From that point on is it all or nothing?

Been working on my BH in preparation for Chapter 14. :D

Edited by h_weber

Does anyone know what conversation is the lock in point for romancing Torian? I skipped the first one on Taris and when he asks to join the crew, but it leaves me wondering. The next conversation where he thanks you for letting him join you on the hunt for Jicoln, there is a flirt option. From that point on is it all or nothing?

Been working on my BH in preparation for Chapter 14. :D

From my experience, and I romance lots of people, hey even my characters want to get some and get down on it...sorry song from Leisure Suit Larry is stuck in my head...pick all the flirts when it comes to an LI. IF you want that man or woman to be your husband or wife by the time KotFE is done, for you, I mean, pick flirts. Are Flirts popping when Torian is talking? CHOOSE IT. Are there flirts for Andronikos and you want the grumpy pirate to be your baby daddy? PICK HIS FLIRTS.

Basically, make them happy, and flirt. And you'll wind up married, talking kids, and getting a letter from KotFE where they're all like 'oh pookie, I miss you, come home, you skank!' :p

Seriously, though, flirt, flirt, flirt.

Basically, make them happy, and flirt. And you'll wind up married, talking kids, and getting a letter from KotFE where they're all like 'oh pookie, I miss you, come home, you skank!' :p

Seriously, though, flirt, flirt, flirt.

This. Do this, and you'll get your guy. Always pick the flirts.

Conversely, if you DON'T want to romance someone, NEVER, EVER, EVER flirt with them. NEVER. You do it even once, and it's over. I've seen it happen before. Someone flirts with a potential LI, then decides that they're not really interested. But apparently the LI never got the memo, because the next thing you know your toon is engaged and talking about kids, and there's no break-up even if your character is horrible to the LI in question. Plus, you'll probably end up hating that companion, even if you were okay with him or her before.

This. Do this, and you'll get your guy. Always pick the flirts.

Conversely, if you DON'T want to romance someone, NEVER, EVER, EVER flirt with them. NEVER. You do it even once, and it's over. I've seen it happen before. Someone flirts with a potential LI, then decides that they're not really interested. But apparently the LI never got the memo, because the next thing you know your toon is engaged and talking about kids, and there's no break-up even if your character is horrible to the LI in question. Plus, you'll probably end up hating that companion, even if you were okay with him or her before.

I found something interesting while playing around with the dialogue options. I still only took the flirt options here and there and he still eventually confessed. But, I've noticed that the order of the conversations is different than those I've seen in other videos. Is this a bug, or simply a change from pre 4.0?

I found something interesting while playing around with the dialogue options. I still only took the flirt options here and there and he still eventually confessed. But, I've noticed that the order of the conversations is different than those I've seen in other videos. Is this a bug, or simply a change from pre 4.0?

From what I understand, they changed things in 4.0 so that instead of getting a conversation based on your approval/affection with a companion, you get conversations based on where you are in the story. They did this to make it more linear, so it's possible that some of the conversations are in a different order than they used to be. BUT they should all still be there.

From what I understand, they changed things in 4.0 so that instead of getting a conversation based on your approval/affection with a companion, you get conversations based on where you are in the story. They did this to make it more linear, so it's possible that some of the conversations are in a different order than they used to be. BUT they should all still be there.

No worries. Played out pretty nice in any case. Next step, SOR and KOTFE. :D

Now come on Bioware! Bring back our favorite pirate! My Sorcerer is going to lay out a Force Storm like you wouldn't believe if we don't hear from him pretty soon......:mad:

Edited by h_weber

Oh man, Bioware, please for all that's holy find a way for Quinn to return quickly. I don't care how long as he comes soon!!! I can't wait anymore. DO NOT MENTION THE TERMINAL IT DOES NOT EXIST!!!!

In unrelated news, that chapter will also include the promotional item "HK-55's Flensing Vibroblade"...

DO NOT MENTION THE TERMINAL IT DOES NOT EXIST!!!!

This is how I usually view the terminal (feels weird to run around with a companion who, story wise, should not be anywhere to be found), but...I may have made an exception for Quinn. :D

Seriously, though, I still want him back ASAP in the story, too.

Oh man, Bioware, please for all that's holy find a way for Quinn to return quickly. I don't care how long as he comes soon!!! I can't wait anymore. DO NOT MENTION THE TERMINAL IT DOES NOT EXIST!!!!

I want my Quinn back, too!

It seems like Quinn is much more popular than he used to be. (I think I remember me, and like, one other person swooning over him and that was pretty much it, heh.) This is good, this is very good. I used to worry BW would think we all wanted to shove him out the airlock. Clearly that just isn't the case. :D Edited by grania

It seems like Quinn is much more popular than he used to be. (I think I remember me, and like, one other person swooning over him and that was pretty much it, heh.) This is good, this is very good. I used to worry BW would think we all wanted to shove him out the airlock. Clearly that just isn't the case. :D

Can we shove Pierce out the airlock instead?

So far I haven't been able to kill/get rid of any companions. I guess I'm too attached to my companions.

The option to kill or banish Aric or Kaliyo is impossible for me. I don't like Kaliyo, but the thought of killing her... can't do it. And the thought of doing it to Aric is out of the question completely. I love him too much to banish him or kill him. I don't think I could even watch the video for it.