The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Switch Advanced Classes

Mordresh

I am not averse to effort.

Of course you're not, but only if it proves you right.

Let's see, if I told you my favorite color was orange, that'd be the only piece of information you'd have to go on when considering my favorite color. Now, ten years later, I tell you my favorite color is now purple. So, if I asked you now what my favorite color is, which would you say? More than likely, you'd say purple, because that was the most up-to-date piece of information you've received.

Now, you linked to a quote posted back in May of 2012. I linked to an (apparently unconfirmed) official video posted in December of 2015. Since minds change and information updates over time, I'd be more inclined to believe my source over yours, as it is a more recently-released piece of information.

(You must be an overbearing English teacher, obsessed over the siting of sources. Fine, I'll message that Youtube channel and request the name of the narrator. I, however, am pre-inclined to believe the validity of the video, as even SWTOR.com embeds/links to that video.)

Edited by Fevee

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just buy a token. Re-roll character you want. What's the problem?

Abandoning years of progress.

Companion affection, titles earned, crafting levels, crafting schematics (especially rare or no-longer-obtainable ones), partial armor sets which are no longer acquirable, time-sensitive opportunities, achievements, starfighter progress, anything else bound-to-character and un-reacquirable via Collections.

Yea, dumping years of investment down the toilet. Maybe you have no loyalty to the fruits of your own efforts, but not all of us are as callous.

Abandoning years of progress.

Companion affection, titles earned, crafting levels, crafting schematics (especially rare or no-longer-obtainable ones), partial armor sets which are no longer acquirable, time-sensitive opportunities, achievements, starfighter progress, anything else bound-to-character and un-reacquirable via Collections.

Yea, dumping years of investment down the toilet. Maybe you have no loyalty to the fruits of your own efforts, but not all of us are as callous.

Creating a new character does NOT mean that you have to abandon the old one.

I guess it's just easier for some players to come and cry on the forums for BW to allow them to UNDO a decision they made KNOWING it was PERMANENT than to actually putting forth the modicum of effort to level that new class.

Wow. A bunch of Energizer Bunnies about this. It just keeps going, and going, and going....and going...:rolleyes:

I see "AC's are basically the same" arguments. I see "They're totally different" arguments. And the latter is correct. While the same base class, they are, and function different than their "Cousins" in the same base class.

If they do implement it for a CC cost, then more power to you if you want to piss away your money.

A fool and his money are soon separated. Let them implement it so I can start counting fools. :p

Creating a new character does NOT mean that you have to abandon the old one.

It kinda does, considering one wants to swap subclasses; not create a brand new toon. Meaning they're a Guardian -for example- named Jack. Body type 1, head 19, scars 1, complexion 45, eye color 6, beards 1, hair 23, hair color 15, skin color 5. Now, they would rather be a Sentinel named Jack: Body type 1, head 19, scars 1, complexion 45, eye color 6, beards 1, hair 23, hair color 15, skin color 5. There could be the one-step process of buying a swap token, and voila, mission accomplished; years of time and investment not flushed down the toilet.

But instead, you insist on a multi-step process of deleting the Guardian Jack (and abandoning absolutely everything that character has achieved in his years of existence) to roll a Sentinel Jack, fresh off the turnip truck. Let's see how happy you would be if you were to delete all your characters just to recreate them with only a fraction of a difference this time around. Was it worth forsaking all the time you put into their previous incarnations?

(Oh, and answer my previous posts, please, I'd like to know if you still don't believe the video I linked is official or not.)

I guess it's just easier for some players to come and cry on the forums...

Polly want a cracker?

It kinda does, considering one wants to swap subclasses; not create a brand new toon. Meaning they're a Guardian -for example- named Jack. Body type 1, head 19, scars 1, complexion 45, eye color 6, beards 1, hair 23, hair color 15, skin color 5. Now, they would rather be a Sentinel named Jack: Body type 1, head 19, scars 1, complexion 45, eye color 6, beards 1, hair 23, hair color 15, skin color 5. There could be the one-step process of buying a swap token, and voila, mission accomplished; years of time and investment not flushed down the toilet.

But instead, you insist on a multi-step process of deleting the Guardian Jack (and abandoning absolutely everything that character has achieved in his years of existence) to roll a Sentinel Jack, fresh off the turnip truck. Let's see how happy you would be if you were to delete all your characters just to recreate them with only a fraction of a difference this time around. Was it worth forsaking all the time you put into their previous incarnations?

As much as I am for allowing an AC swap function I can't help but feel this is a bit of over reaction and not so much an argument for AC swap but one for opening up the way a character is named (one of the bugbears most MMOs have to deal with).

So you can't have the same name for multiple characters... not really that big a deal is it, just get a little creative with nicknames ;)

With the abundance of character slots available for subscribers (a potential 40) there should be no reason to delete any character.

I still think it would be a nice feature to allow AC swapping, however if development resources are limited I'd much rather they went on an additional AC (with the 3 disciplines) to round out all the roles and open up some new weapon options. And then maybe down the road, considering all the hurdles against AC swap already removed, opening up AC swapping.

• 3 weeks later...
As much as I am for allowing an AC swap function I can't help but feel this is a bit of over reaction and not so much an argument for AC swap but one for opening up the way a character is named

The way I'm describing is essentially the long way around when it comes to subclass swapping. I wasn't talking about names or character naming. You already have the name you acquired, you just want to be the other subclass. Thus, as of this patch, doing so requires you delete your character and remake them exactly how you had them before, albeit one minor detail.

However, doing so means flushing all the progress you made as said character down the toilet. Which is why a feature to swap between the two (Even if it's on a 6-month cooldown, so we can't flip-flop like some people are afraid of) would be there for the people who's hindsight dictates that they should have taken the other route. (Sure, there were a few signs which said it was permanent at the time. But times change, and the developers are more than able to program in an avenue of change.)