[Discussion] Who do you think will die during the KOTFE Story?

QueenSillySenpai

I don't think BW will forcibly kill off any of the characters in KOTFE that you can currently use as companions and gain influence with (Lana, Koth, Senya, Theron.) Imagine someone going to all the trouble of getting Senya to level 50 only to find out that she dies in the end no matter what you do. Would not go over well.

However....I do think that we will encounter situations where we may have to decide if someone lives or dies. I expect to see some kind of showdown between Koth and Senya at some point, where you are forced to choose between them. The story has been heavily hinting at this already. One of them is going to do something - some act that could be construed as a betrayal, depending on the point of view, and you will have to decide whether you agree/sympathize/forgive them or not.

My guess? Koth will want you to put Valkorion back on the throne. Senya will have trouble killing off her own children when push comes to shove.

I also think something weird is going on between Lana, Koth and Senya. Lana gets very cagey when you ask how she knows both of them...and admits to helping Senya in some way back when she was hunting Koth. ("This was before I knew him of course," Lana says.) I suspect there may also be some kind of showdown between Koth and Lana, whenever Koth finds out the truth. Again, you may be forced to choose between them.

I don't think BW will forcibly kill off any of the characters in KOTFE that you can currently use as companions and gain influence with (Lana, Koth, Senya, Theron.) Imagine someone going to all the trouble of getting Senya to level 50 only to find out that she dies in the end no matter what you do. Would not go over well.

However....I do think that we will encounter situations where we may have to decide if someone lives or dies. I expect to see some kind of showdown between Koth and Senya at some point, where you are forced to choose between them. The story has been heavily hinting at this already. One of them is going to do something - some act that could be construed as a betrayal, depending on the point of view, and you will have to decide whether you agree/sympathize/forgive them or not.

My guess? Koth will want you to put Valkorion back on the throne. Senya will have trouble killing off her own children when push comes to shove.

I also think something weird is going on between Lana, Koth and Senya. Lana gets very cagey when you ask how she knows both of them...and admits to helping Senya in some way back when she was hunting Koth. ("This was before I knew him of course," Lana says.) I suspect there may also be some kind of showdown between Koth and Lana, whenever Koth finds out the truth. Again, you may be forced to choose between them.

I would say ''As long as it's a choice, people wouldn't mind'' but then I remember how killing companions via choice in beta went over...

I would say ''As long as it's a choice, people wouldn't mind'' but then I remember how killing companions via choice in beta went over...

Killing companions during beta was a problem more from a gameplay standpoint than story itself. From beta until 4.0 all companions had 1 role and 1 specific role only. If you killed off your healer or tank companion(s), as a dps you would have had a lot of unnecessary troubles and viceversa.

Now with all companions being able to perform in all 3 roles, this isn't a problem anymore. They could "restore" things like it was in beta with more freedom now.

And for me giving them the ability to be healer/tank/dps at the same time was not coincidential, in this regard. Sure, it helped gameplay flow and freedom for players to pick a particular companion and stick with it as long as they want, but it's a set up and easy "escape route" for moral choices later in the expansion. Marr for example is (re)introduced as a companion in 4.0 and he's killed literally 5 minutes of gameplay later. Still, he has fully voice acted taunts and battle cries which are unique and recorded specifically for the expansion. Why ask the voice actor to do some extra work (Although very small as it's 4-5 extra lines of voice acting), if he was going to die that early in the game? Could have just been mute like Veerona Daz (The only 4.0 companion which doesn't speak a word during combat, which makes her my favourite from the expansion just for that).

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that it will be another Virmire between Koth and Senya, minus the nuke. That, or they'll kill Senya in a scripted and non-interactive cutscene during a 2nd fight with Vaylin and kill Koth during a ls/ds moral choice cutscene.

Killing companions during beta was a problem more from a gameplay standpoint than story itself. From beta until 4.0 all companions had 1 role and 1 specific role only. If you killed off your healer or tank companion(s), as a dps you would have had a lot of unnecessary troubles and viceversa.

Now with all companions being able to perform in all 3 roles, this isn't a problem anymore. They could "restore" things like it was in beta with more freedom now.

And for me giving them the ability to be healer/tank/dps at the same time was not coincidential, in this regard. Sure, it helped gameplay flow and freedom for players to pick a particular companion and stick with it as long as they want, but it's a set up and easy "escape route" for moral choices later in the expansion. Marr for example is (re)introduced as a companion in 4.0 and he's killed literally 5 minutes of gameplay later. Still, he has fully voice acted taunts and battle cries which are unique and recorded specifically for the expansion. Why ask the voice actor to do some extra work (Although very small as it's 4-5 extra lines of voice acting), if he was going to die that early in the game? Could have just been mute like Veerona Daz (The only 4.0 companion which doesn't speak a word during combat, which makes her my favourite from the expansion just for that).

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that it will be another Virmire between Koth and Senya, minus the nuke. That, or they'll kill Senya in a scripted and non-interactive cutscene during a 2nd fight with Vaylin and kill Koth during a ls/ds moral choice cutscene.

It still is from a gameplay standpoint, since somone could raise a companion to max influence, but then that character gets killed. While I wouldn't mind, I think the beta saids that many loud screams of rage will be heard that day.

Also, with Marr, there used to be an achievement before the expack went live, an achievement for helping him survive the encounter with Valkorian.

It still is from a gameplay standpoint, since somone could raise a companion to max influence, but then that character gets killed. While I wouldn't mind, I think the beta saids that many loud screams of rage will be heard that day.

Also, with Marr, there used to be an achievement before the expack went live, an achievement for helping him survive the encounter with Valkorian.

I was aware of the removed achievement, but it was the only companion-related one for the whole new cast of characters.

As there are currently no other companions with achievements such as "Level influence to 50 with X" or "Kill X number of enemies with Y as your current companion" (Star Fortress companions don't count because they're optional), it wouldn't break anything. Not even Nico has any combat/influence achievements tied to him. Which means that they shouldn't be saved from certain death only because players may or may not have spent ingame currency and real life time on their influence. Influence is optional. The higher it is, the more benefits it provides for sure, but it's still not mandatory to play the game with a lv50 influence companion or a lv1 influence one.

And excluding the player who could be a Jedi or a Sith, there are currently only 3 force users left among the good guys. A powerful Sith Lord (Lana), a Grand Master of the Jedi Order (Satele) and the wife of the Sith Emperor himself (Senya). Those three ladies, as far as logic goes, currently have the highest chances of surviving because they know how to resist and fight against other Force users. Koth is a wimp who should be beaten to death, Theron is not Force sensitive although is the son of Satele and HK-55 has already died once and will return next month.

She had 2 SIS agents planet side (Technically Theron and his own Jedi Boy Scouts weren't there but he counts for the last dialogues), and she was being kept informed at all times about how bad the situation was and that a hungry and rampant and mad Sith Emperor was going around killing everybody to eat their souls and become stronger and stronger and stronger.

Yet, she took probably one of the worst decisions in the TOR-era of the SW universe by sending thousands of soldiers to Ziost in order to invade the planet and they all died few hours later. All thanks to her. She could have saved thousands of lifes by simply not being stupid.

This counts as a genocide/mass murder in my book. She obviously didn't physically kill each of her own soldiers, but she sent to their deaths for her own greed. It's like Hitler. He ordered his soldiers to slaughter millions of people in his name. He was still held and considered responsible for all those deaths even if he never pulled the trigger on any of those 6 millions of jews or all the other POWs or enemy soldiers because he was the one who gave the order. Of course in this case others followed orders so there are others to condemn, but if we go back to the game and Saresh, she willingly sent all those troops on Ziost knowing they were being sent to their deaths.

Translated in poor words, she basically gifted Vitiate with thousands of people for free. And she knew exactly what was going to happen.

yeah when I hear genocide I tend to hear the purposeful slaughter of a group of people because they're part of a ethnciity and or culture, Saresh was simply an idiot who ignored intell.

I would like to see all the new ******* except Senya dead. I know its not gonna happen since they are main characters and involved in the storyline but if the chance will be given to me I would not hesitate killing them myself.

I would like to see all the new ******* except Senya dead. I know its not gonna happen since they are main characters and involved in the storyline but if the chance will be given to me I would not hesitate killing them myself.
I'll bet you enjoyed being the only survivor of the end of Mass Effect II...

I think and hope koth dies he is a wimp, and a hypocrite and for me my consular he wants to murder koth in cold blood

Even seeing all the "I hate Koth" posts, I still don't get the Koth hate. Everything he does makes sense given his personal history. The only thing he did that got on my nerves was when our characters are all busted up after their last fateful battle, and he just waltzes onto the ship ahead of you, not even bothering to help you up the ramp. Here's my char all doubled over in pain, barely limping along..."Uh, Koth? A little help here?" His ignoring you feels even weirder if you are romancing him.

Senya, on the other hand, actually acts concerned for your welfare. She's the only one who jumps up and runs to your side when you collapse on the ship, even yelling, "Someone help!" Senya won a lot of points with me in that moment.

Even seeing all the "I hate Koth" posts, I still don't get the Koth hate. Everything he does makes sense given his personal history. The only thing he did that got on my nerves was when our characters are all busted up after their last fateful battle, and he just waltzes onto the ship ahead of you, not even bothering to help you up the ramp. Here's my char all doubled over in pain, barely limping along..."Uh, Koth? A little help here?" His ignoring you feels even weirder if you are romancing him.

Senya, on the other hand, actually acts concerned for your welfare. She's the only one who jumps up and runs to your side when you collapse on the ship, even yelling, "Someone help!" Senya won a lot of points with me in that moment.

I romanced Lana and she was the first there along with Senya, I really like senya shoot if I could and it was possible my sage he would have romanced Senya and gotten Senya but then I like Lana more so I chose her. For me the biggest thing is when others tell Koth that the emperor is not who he thinks he is and that the Emperor murdered an entire planet (course my sage he never did that expansion where the emperor killed everyone on ziost) then koth goes on to say that no one knows the emperor more than he does which Lana, me and Senya said he didn't at all. Then when he found out that the emperor is living inside of my character he got all happy etc saying that with the emperor their that the emperor will fix everything almost like he worships the emperor. Koth tells your character that him and his crew were ordered to kill a bunch of people and he refused to it and i'm guessing that the emperor himself ordered it and goes on to say that he hates the empire basically, so that is why I call him a hypocrite and my sage wants to remove him permenatly. Another of my sage's problem is that he and Lana were getting close to kiss and he mystically showed up looking for something I call bs on that. I mean seriously my sage was pursuing Lana since shadow of revan and romancing her/trying to. It doesn't matter now on that since I got what I wanted on my sage of my sage locked in a romanctic relationship with Lana and koth can burn in hell

It's because he's a hypocrite that ignores facts to fit his view, he knows that Valkorian is inside us, but still doesn't believe anything we have to say about him even though we;ve actually conversed with Valky, while Koth has most likely only seen him give political speeches. And just because it's easy to understand why he thinks this way doesn't make it any less annoying.

It's because he's a hypocrite that ignores facts to fit his view, he knows that Valkorian is inside us, but still doesn't believe anything we have to say about him even though we;ve actually conversed with Valky, while Koth has most likely only seen him give political speeches. And just because it's easy to understand why he thinks this way doesn't make it any less annoying.

I get what everyone's saying, but for now anyway, I'm willing to wait and hope that Koth simply hasn't "seen the light" yet. Right now, all he has is our word (and Lana's) that Val is a murdering psychopath, while from his experience, Val has been a great leader to the Zakuulans (and for something like 300 years?) Of course he doesn't believe us yet!

Koth is a common man, a solider, and probably had very little contact with higher up people. His view of Val is, like you said, based on public appearances, no doubt orchestrated to make Val look good.

I expect him to eventually witness something that should shake up his world view. If he doesn't change his mind, well yeah, that's a problem. For now I'm willing to give him some slack until the story progresses a bit further.

I romanced Lana and she was the first there along with Senya, I really like senya shoot if I could and it was possible my sage he would have romanced Senya and gotten Senya but then I like Lana more so I chose her. For me the biggest thing is when others tell Koth that the emperor is not who he thinks he is and that the Emperor murdered an entire planet (course my sage he never did that expansion where the emperor killed everyone on ziost) then koth goes on to say that no one knows the emperor more than he does which Lana, me and Senya said he didn't at all. Then when he found out that the emperor is living inside of my character he got all happy etc saying that with the emperor their that the emperor will fix everything almost like he worships the emperor. Koth tells your character that him and his crew were ordered to kill a bunch of people and he refused to it and i'm guessing that the emperor himself ordered it and goes on to say that he hates the empire basically, so that is why I call him a hypocrite and my sage wants to remove him permenatly. Another of my sage's problem is that he and Lana were getting close to kiss and he mystically showed up looking for something I call bs on that. I mean seriously my sage was pursuing Lana since shadow of revan and romancing her/trying to. It doesn't matter now on that since I got what I wanted on my sage of my sage locked in a romanctic relationship with Lana and koth can burn in hell

Koth Was Cool At The Beginning,But Then He Started Whining About Zakuul And Not Listening To Me And Lana,Then He Interrupted My Kiss With Lana,I Went Hard After Her Since Forged Alliances!Screw Him I Want To Throw Him Out For Abeloth.

Senya is in my eyes a likely candidate for death although if she does die, I'd like it to be meaningful. Perhaps she dies as she takes down Vaylin, redeeming herself and her daughter in a final act.

If Koth dies.. well shame but I don't 'feel' any strong ties to the character yet. Lana and Theron have been by my side since Manaan, through Rishi and Yavin 4 and the horrid destruction of Ziost. I feel connected to both.

Saresh.. I'd love to see her finished. She has a puppet in place now but clearly still dictates things behind the scenes and I've always strongly disagreed with her behavior and attitude and some extremely poor poor choices.

The death of any class companion should be a choice, not forced. There's certain companions I'll gladly get rid of, that I never wanted to have on my crew in the first place but there's others that I really feel are part of my character's 'family' that I'm eager to see again. My SW for example.. she'd love to have her little 'sister' Vette back but if she finally gets the chance to kill Quinn in the most painful way imaginable, I'd be so happy. No SW no matter how light or dark sided should have ever been forced to endure his betrayal in the first place and let him live.

I have no yay or nay regarding Satele. I'd prefer to keep her around but if she ends up dying, so be it. In a weird way I actually care more about Darth Marr and I'd love to have him back as an ally, even on my Pub characters. It'll likely never ever happen but I thought he was quite wonderful and it's a shame we didn't get to interact with him more.