Star Wars Rebels Mid Season 2 Trailer

Wolfninjajedi

I haven't actually watched Rebels (should I?) but the trailer looks good. The only thing I don't like is Yoda's and Anakin's designs, the former seems too "Disney Infinity" and the latter looks too smooth IMO.

Anakin looks like he does partly due to budgetary concerns. Vader's cape ate up a lot of the budget.

Ezra also confronts Darth Vader is his current damaged and menacing form — seen here floating down atop a TIE Fighter. An entrance like this "makes him more god-like and powerful, especially to a boy like Ezra," Filoni says. It was scary to the TV show's crew for another reason. "Whenever you use Vader, he eats up a lot of my cloth from budget. Because Vader has to have the cape!" he says. That's why the Holocron of Anakin features a form-fitting new training outfit instead of the long Jedi robes. Even animated shows have wardrobe budgets.

Yoda was modeled after the old Kenner toy; which I quite like actually.

Another Force-powerful figure from the past makes an appearance, although he looks a lot different than he did in The Clone Wars. Filoni says part of that is to differentiate the characters between shows and movies, but also this is a vision that Ezra experiences, so the animators justified the change by saying Ezra would be picturing the tiny Jedi master through the lens of his own imagination. "A huge influence was the old Kenner action-figure of Yoda," Filoni says. "We stopped short of giving him the orange snake. We highly considered it, because I’ve never seen that orange snake, and I thought, 'We could be the ones to finally put that orange snake in there!'" But in the end, that little snake was too costly to animate for the sake of a little toy nostalgia. Blame Vader's expensive cape?

http://www.ew.com/gallery/star-wars-rebels-gallery/2446088_gallery-star-wars-rebels-15

Edited by CaulderBenson

Anakin looks like he does partly due to budgetary concerns. Vader's cape ate up a lot of the budget.

Yoda was modeled after the old Kenner toy; which I quite like actually.

http://www.ew.com/gallery/star-wars-rebels-gallery/2446088_gallery-star-wars-rebels-15

Thanks for posting that info, that's quite interesting. I hadn't thought about that Yoda just being what Ezra thinks he looks like.

Edited by PadsterPwns

Thanks for posting that info, that's quite interesting.

I thought so too.

I hadn't thought about that Yoda just being what Ezra thinks he looks like.

Nor had I, and I like it. It really brings back some of the fantasy and magical elements the OT had back in the 80s.

Filoni and crew are definitely fans of the OT and it shows in a lot of their choices. I grew up in the 80s like they did, so I appreciate that kind of stuff.

Edited by CaulderBenson

Filoni and crew are definitely fans of the OT and it shows in a lot of their choices. I grew up in the 80s like they did, so I appreciate that kind of stuff.

I appreciate their choices but I'm more of a PT fan to be honest so the concept art that they're basing design on looks a bit strange to me, though it's great to see something different.

I think the main point of this part of the season will be to delve deeper in the history of the Sith by letting Ezra "Flirt" with the darkside. Probably because he wants to take a more active approach against the Inquisitors. And thus set up the culmination of a secret dark side cult. In the end, this is Disney so Vader will probably kill maul and Ezra will come back to the light side.

I do hope the Sith holocron belongs to a certain masked villain. Though Malachor is tied more to Kreia.

I think the main point of this part of the season will be to delve deeper in the history of the Sith by letting Ezra "Flirt" with the darkside. Probably because he wants to take a more active approach against the Inquisitors. And thus set up the culmination of a secret dark side cult. In the end, this is Disney so Vader will probably kill maul and Ezra will come back to the light side.

I do hope the Sith holocron belongs to a certain masked villain. Though Malachor is tied more to Kreia.

Ya, no way they would leave Ezra dark if he did fall a bit.

Me, I just hope he becomes less useless.

Ya, no way they would leave Ezra dark if he did fall a bit.

Me, I just hope he becomes less useless.

No we all know Filoni isn't going to kill off any of his main characters or have them turn, without redemption anyway.

I still think our Ahsoka v Vader is a tease. But the bottom line.. even if the creators want to..do you really think Disney XD will let them kill any main character or have them become evil?

No we all know Filoni isn't going to kill off any of his main characters or have them turn, without redemption anyway.

I still think our Ahsoka v Vader is a tease. But the bottom line.. even if the creators want to..do you really think Disney XD will let them kill any main character or have them become evil?

I think Disney will in the right circumstances, but not Ezra. for two reasons.

1: rebels is a TV show aimed at kids, it's well eneugh done adults can enjoy it but it's aimed at kids.

2: Ezra also serves a specific TV show role, of "The Watson:" http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWatson

he's important for viewers new to star wars as he can seemlessly allow exposition such as "hey ashoka, whose this anakin guy you keep speaking of"