Bonus series missions

Lyrrec

Hi,

So I completed the bonus quest series on Taris (bugged in the end but still),

but can't find any on Nar Shaddaa or Alderaan and completed all other quests there.

(lvl 51 atm)

Have they been removed or anyone know what happened?

Greetings

Hi,

but can't find any on Nar Shaddaa or Alderaan and completed all other quests there.

(lvl 51 atm)

Greetings

Why did you end your post with greetings? Awkward. Anyway, the bonus series on most planets don't activate until 60 now. It assumes, you're done with kotfe content and gives you alliance packs as a reward. So comes back to those planets to finish up, while you're doing star fortress. Makes more sense story wise.

Hi,

(lvl 51 atm)

Greetings

Nar Shadaa and Alderaan bonus series do not start at the end of the planet. You have to go back to them. Nar Shadaa starts about lvl 30 and Alederaan starts about 42. There is a quest giver on fleet in the combat area that offer the starter mission for each.

Why did you end your post with greetings? Awkward. Anyway, the bonus series on most planets don't activate until 60 now. It assumes, you're done with kotfe content and gives you alliance packs as a reward. So comes back to those planets to finish up, while you're doing star fortress. Makes more sense story wise.

Why are greetings awkard? :o

But anyways, thanks now I know I should come back at level 60!

Nar Shadaa and Alderaan bonus series do not start at the end of the planet. You have to go back to them. Nar Shadaa starts about lvl 30 and Alederaan starts about 42. There is a quest giver on fleet in the combat area that offer the starter mission for each.

Yeah I looked for them but nothing.. but as another player has just said, they now are available at lvl 60 apparently.

Yeah I looked for them but nothing.. but as another player has just said, they now are available at lvl 60 apparently.

Its not 60, my 59 has access to them but my 40's don't. The may have changed it to finishing Act 1 and Act 2 which is where they use to fit in the story. At the end of Act 1 and Act 2 you go back to combat area of fleet for a click some guy and start the next chapter. You would see those guys and pick up their quest. They may have changed it so story maintain since everyone is so over leveling content now.

It makes no sense story wise for them to unlock at 60.

At 60 a player has been through Makeb where Malcolm holds a high rank in the Rep military. In Alderaan bonus series Malcom hold a much lower rank. Malcolm takes over for the guy injured in the Ilum story Rep side.

Its not 60, my 59 has access to them but my 40's don't. The may have changed it to finishing Act 1 and Act 2 which is where they use to fit in the story. At the end of Act 1 and Act 2 you go back to combat area of fleet for a click some guy and start the next chapter. You would see those guys and pick up their quest. They may have changed it so story maintain since everyone is so over leveling content now.

It makes no sense story wise for them to unlock at 60.

At 60 a player has been through Makeb where Malcolm holds a high rank in the Rep military. In Alderaan bonus series Malcom hold a much lower rank. Malcolm takes over for the guy injured in the Ilum story Rep side.

I see, thanks and makes more sense indeed :)

• 2 months later...
Anyway, the bonus series on most planets don't activate until 60 now. It assumes, you're done with kotfe content and gives you alliance packs as a reward. So comes back to those planets to finish up, while you're doing star fortress. Makes more sense story wise.

I am an old player returning and running all story content and missions again, even non-critical ones. I want the entire story experience. Given what you just stated, should I complete Chapter 3, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Shadows of Reven, or KOTFE before going back and doing the bonus series for each planet? What makes the most sense story-wise?

Yea, I read that I have to be level 60; but I was not sure if I should do them after Chapter 3, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Reven, or KOTFE. That is what I would like to know, for story line purposes, so the bonus series makes sense with the story as a whole.

Yea, I read that I have to be level 60; but I was not sure if I should do them after Chapter 3, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Reven, or KOTFE. That is what I would like to know, for story line purposes, so the bonus series makes sense with the story as a whole.

They only really make sense if you do them at the levels they were intended to be done pre 4.0 Bioware really need to change the level requirements back to what they were before as now they are mostly level 60 you end up running them post war break out when you clearly state stuff about breaking the treaty etc by level 60 you probably have already got to the point where the treaty is broken anyway.

Changing them to 60 was an incredibly silly idea, it really disconnects you from the story

Please BW restore them to their original format

It's like they're ashamed of the bonus series; they are going out of their way to hide them by removing the Fleet pointers and cranking the level to 60. Despite the locales being under level sync, so there's no reason they can't be done in their "proper" place in the story.

I defend the BW team for a lot of things - this is indefensible.

It's like they're ashamed of the bonus series; they are going out of their way to hide them by removing the Fleet pointers and cranking the level to 60. Despite the locales being under level sync, so there's no reason they can't be done in their "proper" place in the story.

I defend the BW team for a lot of things - this is indefensible.

Yeah that's the bit that gets me, "level synch"

With synch in affect, levels mean nothing anymore for bonus series, so why change it

Almost feels like changing something just to make the patch notes look bigger

And the other one, removing imp side start quests for X etc, new players won't know their are planets with dailies on

Yeah that's the bit that gets me, "level synch"

With synch in affect, levels mean nothing anymore for bonus series, so why change it

Almost feels like changing something just to make the patch notes look bigger

And the other one, removing imp side start quests for X etc, new players won't know their are planets with dailies on

They appear to want daily zones and bonus series to drop off the radar; in my more paranoid thoughts I wonder if they want to remove them from the game (and the associated rep grinds for the daily zones that have them). They did kill Ilum dailies, after all; and the bonus-missions Makeb dailies. For that matter, they broke Voss's reputation missions for a while in 4.0.x

OTOH, they've upped the cycle of repeatable events that have rep (Gree, Bounty, Rakghoul); so I can't tell if they want to get rid of reputation or not.

They appear to want daily zones and bonus series to drop off the radar; in my more paranoid thoughts I wonder if they want to remove them from the game (and the associated rep grinds for the daily zones that have them). They did kill Ilum dailies, after all; and the bonus-missions Makeb dailies. For that matter, they broke Voss's reputation missions for a while in 4.0.x

OTOH, they've upped the cycle of repeatable events that have rep (Gree, Bounty, Rakghoul); so I can't tell if they want to get rid of reputation or not.

I personally would prefer they just came out with "look folks, we aren't happy with that content anymore, so we are removing it" rather than mess with it all the time, confusing players over what level is needed, where do you need to go.

And yeah I finally finished the voss weekly lol, even though had to abandon it and re do it

Might as well just remove bonus series. You level so fast now, you don't even need them. My new 65 hit level cap before I even finished Chap 2 lol. I doubt I'll even bother to go back and do them.

Well, it is "story." IT's not "plot-critical" story, but "officially" abandoning the bonus series would be cutting their professed "core thing." Running them isn't about the XP any more (same with flashpoints).

Might as well just remove bonus series. You level so fast now, you don't even need them. My new 65 hit level cap before I even finished Chap 2 lol. I doubt I'll even bother to go back and do them.

Personally, I do the bonus series for the story, not for the XP granted.

Levelling is super fast agreed, but I hope they don't remove them, as some of the bonus series are actually really good (just wish they would fix the bugged taris one)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.