David Bowie is dead! :(

Sarfux

David Bowie is dead at 69 of Cancer. :(

This SUCKS!! This is horrible!!What???? .....I didn't even know he had cancer!? This is HORRIBLE!! He is in my top 10 of all time favorite artists and I listen to him all the time. This is horrible. Cancer ruins everything. I'm seriously crying over this right now really hard. I grew up listening to a ton of his music and his music got me through a lot of stuff in my life! This is horrible. This is going to be a tough day for me. :( I loved that man. He kept me going a lot of times with his music. Loved that man. His words of inspiration to when he talked.

RIP Ziggy Stardust. You were a young american, a hero and a rebel, rebel. You had great fame and kept up with the changes. Go now, sleep with the diamond dogs in the Ziggy Stardust of the Golden Years. You're a starman!

Edited by Sarfux

Bowie was quoted as saying: "Britain is ready for a fascist leader... I think Britain could benefit from a fascist leader. After all, fascism is really nationalism... I believe very strongly in fascism, people have always responded with greater efficiency under a regimental leadership." He was also quoted as saying: "Adolf Hitler was one of the first rock stars" and "You've got to have an extreme right front come up and sweep everything off its feet and tidy everything up."

I won't miss him. But for those who love their celebrities I guess rest in peace and all that good stuff. I think for many boomers it's just a sign as all their idols are dying so it forces them to face their own mortality.

Edited by Skaara

It came as quite a shock to me. I was just reading my homepage last night before bed, and there was the news. I couldn't believe it. I said, "What...noooo!" so loud my hubby came to see what upset me. I didn't know he was sick. I remember last Friday was his birthday, a lot of friends posted about his birthday on Facebook...and then this.

I really admired him. He was such a brilliant talent...both with his music and acting. I loved him in Labyrinth and in The Prestige.

I'm going to miss him. :(

There's always "that guy" that has to spoil the funeral or saying goodbye because of their insecurities and douchieness. Just shutup if you never cared for him, this is a time for mourning, not your troll pathetic butts to turn this into yet ANOTHER troll thread. Just shutup already I'm so sick of you people who do that.

Kinda weak you cherry-picked something he said in 1976 when he was in his Thin White Duke persona and call him a nazi for it 39 years later.

He recanted those comments many years ago saying the drugs and his commitment to the character of the Thin White Duke.

He also in 1982 or '83 publicly blasted MTV for not playing videos with african americans. Don't think an alleged nazi would do that.

http://www.techinsider.io/david-bowie-mtv-racism-2016-1

he also said

"I'm always amazed that people take what I say seriously. I don't even take what I am seriously."

"I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman."

"Questioning my spiritual life has always been germane to what I was writing. Always. It's because I'm not quite an atheist and it worries me. There's that little bit that holds on: 'Well, I'm almost an atheist. Give me a couple of months."

Face it the dude was kinda out there and likely said things for shock value alone.

I was never a fan, But it's not cool to come into a thread fans are sharing memories of him and tarnish those memories with incomplete information.

Make your own thread for that.

Or I could just comment on this posting quotes to what he said. And then stating my opinion of the man. I know, I'm sure you went to a lot of trouble to write that and to look everything up. He still said it. I'm still going to look at him as that. Anyone who follows fascism will never get my respect, ever. Just because he back peddled on the statements doesn't make them go away. Say what you mean. Edited by Skaara

He also said he was gay because he thought it made him look individualistic and then backpedaled on that when he got bad publicity, stating "It was just a thing of the times". The man was a royal hipster douche bag. He spent his whole life posturing in the midst of others struggles, in the hopes that it might make himself look special. Nah, I can't stand him. He never stood for anything but himself.

You're free to your opinion as are we all. Just don't mock others for theirs, it's makes whatever point you were going for irrelevant.

Like I said i was never a fan,(I was more upset about Lemmy's death.) i think i can name one song he did,and to this day have never seen Legend. We can both find quotes as we've proven here, but in the end neither of us knew him,so his death really has no effect in the long run. You have your opinion they have theirs.

A lot of what famous people say, they do for publicity, or shock value. But they also do a lot of good. David Bowie supported many meaningful causes and charities, both by donating money and time.

I felt that he was extremely talented, both as a musician and an actor. Some of the most memorable songs for me in my teen years were his.

I was extremely saddened by his loss, because I enjoyed his contributions and talent. It came as a shock to me when he died, because I wasn't aware that he was even sick.

I know not everyone shares the same likes, or admire the same people, but can I ask you guys (the ones that don't care for him) to take it a little bit easy on those of us who do? Is it really necessary to slam someone after they suffered and died? What if a family member read it...it's cruel, talk about kicking people when they're down.

Anyways, I'm still a bit stunned by it all. I watched Labyrinth tonight, and even so many years later, I really enjoyed it.

Rest in peace Davie Bowie.

Awww Sarfax, this isn't your personal forum. Don't be mad just because you worship a nazi. It will be okay .. I promise. I guess you fail to understand the concept of a discussion forum. It works like this: you post something, another person responds, and still yet, other people respond, and so on, and so forth. Sometimes having very wild and differing viewpoint/opinions. It's going to happen. If you don't like it then you should post on your own personal blog.

That doesn't mean you can't use tact in a post about remembering someone. I found your post to be honestly offensive, you want to know why? Because Adolf Hitler was responsible for a genocide and the way you so easily say that a fascist government is okay, is offensive. So, let me use what you said to Saufax against you, if you don't agree with what he said or wrote, write your own blog.

-shakes head- I dont like Justin Bieber, but i dont go into threads made by people who do like him to bash on him and them for liking him. I especially wouldnt if he died and it was a thread mourning him.

As others have said, he was coked and other assorted pharmacological substanced out way back when, and if you ever were around anyone on drugs, you know they say all kinds of stupid crap. All of which he recanted.

Given that he was married to Iman (a black woman) whom he had a biracial daughter with, and dated Tina Turner (another black woman) he definitly wasnt a nazi :p

We get it, you got a giant case of hate for him, but that doesnt mean you have to pee in the bowl of wheaties of those mourning his passing to get some weid thrill of mocking others grief.

Which is exactly what your doing.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

That doesn't mean you can't use tact in a post about remembering someone. I found your post to be honestly offensive, you want to know why? Because Adolf Hitler was responsible for a genocide and the way you so easily say that a fascist government is okay, is offensive. So, let me use what you said to Saufax against you, if you don't agree with what he said or wrote, write your own blog.

Those aren't his personal thoughts, he was quoting a statement made by Bowie.

Or I could just comment on this posting quotes to what he said. And then stating my opinion of the man. I know, I'm sure you went to a lot of trouble to write that and to look everything up. He still said it. I'm still going to look at him as that. Anyone who follows fascism will never get my respect, ever. Just because he back peddled on the statements doesn't make them go away. Say what you mean.

^ As seen here.

-shakes head- I dont like Justin Bieber, but i dont go into threads made by people who do like him to bash on him and them for liking him. I especially wouldnt if he died and it was a thread mourning him.

As others have said, he was coked and other assorted pharmacological substanced out way back when, and if you ever were around anyone on drugs, you know they say all kinds of stupid crap. All of which he recanted.

Given that he was married to Iman (a black woman) whom he had a biracial daughter with, and dated Tina Turner (another black woman) he definitly wasnt a nazi :p

We get it, you got a giant case of hate for him, but that doesnt mean you have to pee in the bowl of wheaties of those mourning his passing to get some weid thrill of mocking others grief.

Which is exactly what your doing.

What a very fictitious statement we have here. How can you, as a fan, be offended and feel mocked personally when not a single comment was addressed to you or yours? The statements were addressed to bowie and bowie alone. Only the tyrannical hive mind demands otherwise. The truth of the matter is, you're making this about yourself to justify your own antagonism in reprimanding others views. If the statements are just about bowie, then it's simply one persons opinion of another, but if it extends to attacking his innocent idolizers, then it's trolls looking to antagonize people for kicks & thrills and your denigration of said statements would actually carry weight. And there we have the foundation for your contorted argument. You could've simply read the statements, said to each their own, and went about your business. But then again that would be too much like not imposing your views down others throats. Shame that it always comes down to that in the end :(

It is mocking

Original poster: (gist) "X person died, i am sad about this"

Negative poster:: (gist) "Who cares, he was a bad person, your sadness is irrelevant to my dislike of X so im going to spew my hatred of X all over this thread"

Edited by XiamaraSimi

It is mocking

Original poster: (gist) "X person died, i am sad about this"

Negative poster:: (gist) "Who cares, he was a bad person, your sadness is irrelevant to my dislike of X so im going to spew my hatred of X all over this thread"

No, it isn't. Mocking would be quoting said person and then going on about how they are wrong. This was never done. Every single person in here has a valid opinion and they posted it. Actually just by challenging people on it to create some system of control (you guys sure do love that for some reason ... thanks for the authoritative society by the way) you are making it worse. If no one would have ever questioned the negative outlook post than nothing would have ever came from it. You are actually creating a hostile environment in this thread by doing so. But I'm sure here soon freedom of speech and expression will be completely decimated and you can have all your thoughts dictated to you. If anything the aggressors are the fans while we are just defending our stance.

Edited by Skaara