PvE CC is ridiculous

Warlocc

I can do every single heroic 2 on the weekly list and not get stunned once.

Talk about exaggerating. :rolleyes:

Oh noez, I had to stop my rotation for 2 seconds and lost like 200 dps. Oh the horror.

Sure, because it's not meant to be a game, it's an exercise in efficiency.

Edited by branmakmuffin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about exaggerating. :rolleyes:

Sure, because it's not meant to be a game, it's an exercise in efficiency.

They are the exaggerators :D I get stunned from time to time but it can still be done. I know though, who would ever imagine a game involving mechanics that you need to respond to so you don't suffer the consequences from it. Witchcraft I tell ya :rolleyes:

George Carlin says it best even though is more about real life but I think it relates. With every new generation we need to make everything more safe so they can feel secure when in fact they just aren't gamers.

Just call it what it is. It's nothing but lazy coupled with inexperience to the extremes. God forbid people should have to rise to new challenges. Even single player games have a degree of difficulty to it. Swtor is basically single player while using cheat codes.

Maybe George Carlin isn't your thing. Here is some spiritual guidance which touches on the reasons of increasing intensity of challenges and how it actually grows you as a person and actually makes the things that are difficult easier through tenacity. Whoever knew ancient knowledge was still so relevant in current times.

Edited by Skaara

Send companion in (tank or DPS role). Let them trigger all the opening CC. Then join the fun.

That's the point. The game is so easy you could let your companion play it for you. Why keep a mechanic that only adds annoyance while continually making it more about companion autopilot?

Why not just lock us in our ships in unskippable cutscenes of things dying?

That's the point. The game is so easy you could let your companion play it for you. Why keep a mechanic that only adds annoyance while continually making it more about companion autopilot?

Why not just lock us in our ships in unskippable cutscenes of things dying?

Isn't that pretty much the story end of Kotfe. I mean you get some tunnels to run down every once in a while and you need to mash some buttons. But does it really require more thought than watching a movie.

I'm curious as to what you think is "too much CC in PvE"

The ONLY fight that I found annoying along that line is H2 on Oricon -- and that one is easily solved by using a tank companion to eat most the CC while you burn down the champions.

Can you provide a specific fight besides that one that has too much CC? Because honestly, it just sounds like vague whinging and vast over exaggeration about something that's not actually an issue.

Edited by Khevar

The game is in many ways too easy now. However, excessive crowd control does not make the game difficult it just makes it tedious. For the most part it is used as a cheap game mechanic to prolong fights and player progress rather than a present any genuine challenge.

Excessive crowd control has always been a problem for the game but seems to have got increasingly prevalent over time. it takes a number of forms:

1) Crowd control you can't interupt or prevent in any way.

2) Crowd control you can interupt, but which is repeated so frequently you might as well not bother.

3) Packs of mobs with so much combined crowd control you can't prevent most of it and end up being bounced around like a ping pong ball.

4) Pointless crowd control that exists only to irritate. For example melee mobs that push you away only to immediately pull you back to them (or vice versa for ranged). What is that about?

It's a fundamental of good game design that constantly taking control out of players hands without them being able to do much about it does not make for enjoyable gameplay. Players like to feel there's something they can do to prevent or mitigate the problem. And all too often in SWTOR they can't, for various reasons.

There's really not much fun to be had in watching your character get stunned yet again, knowing it was coming and knowing there was precious little you could do about it for one reason or another. it's not like anything bad actually happens while you're CC'd much of the time (in PVE), you just have to eat it and sit there frustrated.

I'd prefer to see less CC used by mobs and better countermeasures. However, to balance this any CC you don't interupt or avoid should have bigger consequences than currently.

I'm curious as to what you think is "too much CC in PvE"

The ONLY fight that I found annoying along that line is H2 on Oricon -- and that one is easily solved by using a tank companion to eat most the CC while you burn down the champions.

Can you provide a specific fight besides that one that has too much CC? Because honestly, it just sounds like vague whinging and vast over exaggeration about something that's not actually an issue.

How about almost every fight with anything more than a Strong in it? Here's an idea, stop letting your companion play the game for you, you might experience it.

The game is in many ways too easy now. However, excessive crowd control does not make the game difficult it just makes it tedious. For the most part it is used as a cheap game mechanic to prolong fights and player progress rather than a present any genuine challenge.

I'd prefer to see less CC used by mobs and better countermeasures. However, to balance this any CC you don't interupt or avoid should have bigger consequences than currently.

This. Exactly this.

It sounds like it's time to visit dulfy and youtube so you can learn to play. ;) My lord you guys are seriously over exaggerating. I can do every single heroic 2 on the weekly list and not get stunned once. Seriously, learn to play.

Are you sure? I remember one imp heroic on balmora. It is not bad or hard one, just annoying. There are 3 groups of two elites. Each of them have 1 instant stun and 1 instant push. Fight is not hard and can be done fast, but as melee you get stunned or pushed at least one for sure. If you dont wait for all cool-downs to reset which is not solution.

Edited by ShawDou

That reminds me of the Taz on Ilum in a cave, where I had to deal with them as a Sith Juggernaut. There were those Taz Scouts, weak melee class enemies, which first attack was a 6 second stun.

Literally. Before anything else.

And I had to clear that cave full of them.

I hated that mission so much.

That reminds me of the Taz on Ilum in a cave, where I had to deal with them as a Sith Juggernaut. There were those Taz Scouts, weak melee class enemies, which first attack was a 6 second stun.

Literally. Before anything else.

And I had to clear that cave full of them.

I hated that mission so much.

Perfect example of having to wait for your stun breaker after every pull.

Perfect example of having to wait for your stun breaker after every pull.

Excuse me? Waiting for a ability that breaks a stun every two minutes to come off the cooldown?

On weak enemies, that usually come in groups of two (+1 Silver) or 4, each using their stun as a first attack?

I might get the mission faster done by just throwing myself onto them than just waiting for a stupid cooldown.

Edited by Reirnon

Excuse me? Waiting for a ability that breaks a stun every two minutes to come off the cooldown?

On weak enemies, that usually come in groups of two (+1 Silver) or 4, each using their stun as a first attack?

I might get the mission faster done by just throwing myself onto them than just waiting for a stupid cooldown.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Ehm, i would love to know how do you wait for stun break to finish cooldown in the middle of the fight? If there are 2+ mobs with stun, it will not make any difference if you have stun break or not, they will stun you anyway.

Edited by ShawDou

There are many utility points that address this.

Agreed there are MANY utility points for tanks to address knockbacks in fact my sniper has 1 as well

that being said if ur a melee class you have counter moves just as a roll or jump or teleport back - its supposed to make combat more engaging than standing there hitting 5.3.6.4.5.1.5 constantly but instead have to react and feel like a jedi/sith jumping into the fray!

yes it can get annoying but be smart there are ways around being a rag doll if u know what mobs do it (cause it is certain ones) pop ur knockback blocker on or theres even a jugg utility that when u leap u cant be pushed or when u pull as SA they cant push u....

be smart before you complain - cause all it comes off as is /ragequit in PvE

Agreed there are MANY utility points for tanks to address knockbacks in fact my sniper has 1 as well

that being said if ur a melee class you have counter moves just as a roll or jump or teleport back - its supposed to make combat more engaging than standing there hitting 5.3.6.4.5.1.5 constantly but instead have to react and feel like a jedi/sith jumping into the fray!

yes it can get annoying but be smart there are ways around being a rag doll if u know what mobs do it (cause it is certain ones) pop ur knockback blocker on or theres even a jugg utility that when u leap u cant be pushed or when u pull as SA they cant push u....

be smart before you complain - cause all it comes off as is /ragequit in PvE

I love when i jump on mob as juggernaut/guardian with stun/knockback immunity and they push me out before i event land so immunity buff is not up yet.

Or as ranged when mob pull you next to him, only to push you away with his next attack. Dont say me this makes any sense to give mobs pull and push. He either want me on ranged or melee.

Ehm, i would love to know how do you wait for stun break to finish cooldown in the middle of the fight? If there are 2+ mobs with stun, it will not make any difference if you have stun break or not, they will stun you anyway.

Sounds like you're understanding the complaint.

I love when i jump on mob as juggernaut/guardian with stun/knockback immunity and they push me out before i event land so immunity buff is not up yet.

Or as ranged when mob pull you next to him, only to push you away with his next attack. Dont say me this makes any sense to give mobs pull and push. He either want me on ranged or melee.

these are all counter able and u want 100% perfect combat conditions all the time!?

cause here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=864749 you guys are pleading for the game to be harder

then you guys make threads like this saying the games challenging and annoying like LMAO

through all of it i feel bad for BW Dev's they get to read this dribble all day - they prolly do it on lunch for a laugh xD

Exclamation: Cannot Compute Meatbag Desires!

Edited by Dawnscar

then you guys make threads like this saying the games challenging and annoying like LMAO

If you did actually bothered to read this thread, you would've noticed that no one was mentioning the game difficulty here in combination with PvE CC. Crowd control is, for many melee classes, a chore to manage and deal with.

Ranged have the time to prepare their attack while often the melee ones just jump in and instantly get knocked back/slowed/stunned/incapacitated - Often even with some of them at the same time.

Rolling your shoulders and pointing at the CC-breaker ability is just a lazy excuse of an argument here that, in fact, not few enemy NPC's ( even weak classed ones) have significant crowd control abilities that hamper the player and drag out the fight unncessesarily.

Edited by Reirnon

these are all counter able and u want 100% perfect combat conditions all the time!?

cause here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=864749 you guys are pleading for the game to be harder

through all of it i feel bad for BW Dev's they get to read this dribble all day - they prolly do it on lunch for a laugh xD

Exclamation: Cannot Compute Meatbag Desires!

Well in my opinion annoying does not mean harder. Now please tell me how are instant stuns and pulls and push counter able? You have no idea when mob will use them. I have not problem with more enemies, or with hard hitting abilities when you have to use def coodowns or interrupts or even CC some of mobs before.

But when i jump as melee into new group of mobs right now and they use instant stuns and pushes you just fight, than wait than fight than run back to them and again wait and finally kill them without single defensive or interrupts on your part. There is nothing hard on that, only annoying.