Slicing got "nerfed"?

JJDrakken

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bingo this should happen, if you choose to exploit you should have to pay the piper.

just in case you not aware.

An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

This has to be the stupidest thing I have seen in a while. This is not an exploit at all. BW set the rate at which you got things back from slicing I cant imagine why on earth you would even say something like this some of you people really make me laugh.

In Patch Notes: Rewards from Slicing have been reduced to bring them into balance with other skills.

I knew that was going happen, especially when a friend of mine was at like 300k at lvl 20.

JJ

They have known this for months. Why wasn't this change made BEFORE the game went live?

:rolleyes:

Bingo this should happen, if you choose to exploit you should have to pay the piper.

An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

Except all of us were using the crew skill as intended. Thank you, come again.

This has to be the stupidest thing I have seen in a while. This is not an exploit at all. BW set the rate at which you got things back from slicing I cant imagine why on earth you would even say something like this some of you people really make me laugh.

this exactly.

I am almost up to a million......I still really dont think the returns are that impressive.....If you nerf it more it will be even less useful....Just saying in my experience you really dont get that much for every single run....but I just keep sending my NPCs non stop so thats what makes the money in the long run.

Actual missions weren't that impressive, but being able to wander around while questing and slice boxes all over for hundreds of credits at lvl 15 was worth it. Mobs probably should drop more credits, skill upgrades in this game are crazy expensive(although once you have all the skills, credits lose their value unless you start an alt)

It gave you a clear advantage over other players. your lucky they don't ban your account. i have seen it in other games, your really naive.

It gave you a clear advantage over other players. your lucky they don't ban your account. i have seen it in other games, your really naive.

Actually your really naive. They knew this, they let it continue, using a crafting skill as intended doesn't mean it's an exploit.

Please look up exploit & working as intended definitions.

JJ

1500 credits is the average payoff for a level 50 slicing mission, and those cost about 1200 credits each.

To get 1500 credits from a 300 credit cost mission is uncommon.

If it's that uncommon then I shouldn't have got it like 3 times in a couple of hours. Hence a nerf :)

Its called an "Imbalance" not an exploit bud. Designed and tested by the said 'designers' and launched with their stamp of approval.

Slicing was already NERFED at least twice since I started the testing program in August. Now they NERF it again on the live servers.

What's the most disappointing about this is that this latest NERF had absolutely nothing to do with actual game mechanics or the in game economy. It was solely based on the endless cries of a miniscule part of the community who are more worried about what other players are doing than actually playing the game itself.

BioWare promised they would balance and manage this game based off of metrics rather than whining on the forums... and since slicing was already the topic of enormous scrutiny for the last four months I can see now that they LIED.

Does anyone actually sale stuff in game successfully? I have had a few items that was like hey maybe someone will buy that... But then just dump at the vendors. I have never even looked at the kiosk selling thing since the 16th when I started playing.

I have not seen anything that makes money overly important and yes I used slicing it paid ok nothing that didnt take hours and hours. Some of the missions were getting up to 40 mins long.

I dunno how broke slicing was considering skills can get upto 40k range at higher levels and the 50 riding skill was 310k. I am just glad I took slicing out the gate so when I hit 50 i had ample funds :cool: . 2 compains in legacy gear modded to the hilt, all skills, paid for 3 peoples speeder skills and sitting on 1m in the bank still after all that @ 50 is a nice feeling!