Level syncing and why I'm quitting the game.

EverymanCgy

I'm not interested in trolling and I'm not interested in bickering with anyone, but I want to have my two cents in, in the hopes that BW will acknowledge that many of us are unhappy with this completely unnecessary and obtrusive alteration.

I have seldom posted in the forums, even though I have played this game since it launched. Never felt the need before now. I have been on hiatus from this game for about a year, and I just came back to find a change that I have absolutely no interest in navigating. I don't like level syncing. I think it's a crude, ham-handed attempt to make old content relevant, stall content development, and moreover, I think it's an ugly story killer. I spent a long time levelling many toons, and don't want to have them busted from Dark lord of the Sith down to raw recruit. It nullifies the role-playing experience utterly and completely. And I don't want to be caught, as I am right now, spending valuable time grinding through Makeb, for instance, even though I'm level 65, just because I want to speed finish the content before KotFE locks me out of it forever. Hence, even though I just paid for subscription, I'm thinking I might cancel it and stop playing this game for awhile, until Bioware revisits this policy and makes level scaling optional, for those players who wish it.

It was a bad move, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Edited by EverymanCgy

We really need a separate forum for all these "I'm quitting" posts. People would probably still post them here, though :(

I'm just glad it doesn't happen in the real world - imagine how bad it would be if every time someone quit going to the gym, they posted on facebook about it, telling you why.

Do you get a lot of people ragequitting a gym then telling you about it? I don't think I've ever seen one - a few of people raving about GOING to the gym, or saying they're sore after a good session (:giggle: ), but they don't usually brag that they don't want to do it anymore so they are giving up. Edited by CrazyCT

I'm not a fan of level sync either. Not quitting the game over it, but pretty off putting because I just played again for the first time since 2013 and I see that I get scaled down on previously visited worlds. Kind of defeats the purpose of leveling up if you just get scaled down doesn't it? Heck, I even saw some newbies on Korriban getting scaled down...:csw_jabbapet:

Kind of defeats the purpose of leveling up if you just get scaled down doesn't it?

No it doesn't:

• You actually do get stronger even if your scaled, because of new-learnt abilities, your progress in your skill (talent) tree, gear bonuses etc.
  • Leveling up grants access to more regions (the scaling doesn't work upwards)

Some people complain level sync makes the game too easy, while others think it not fair that you do not 'outgrow' the NPCs. These two points of view cancel eachother out, imho.

Edited by Orlogg

I agree.

The feeling of progressing is an important tool, in every RPG game. And you gain strenght not just to pass through the area, but to overcome it completely. Thats part of RP too.

Now you reach "65" finish the chapters, and begin to see a Padawan or an Acolyte doing more or less the same youre doing with mobs. A disgrace.

Edited by leonlotus

I agree.

The feeling of progressing is an important tool, in every RPG game. And you gain strenght not just to pass through the area, but to overcome it completely. Thats part of RP too.

Now you reach "65" finish the chapters, and begin to see a Padawan or an Acolyte doing more or less the same youre doing with mobs. A disgrace.

Um. What's disgraceful? Killing mobs IS THE GAMEPLAY. Or do you mean abilities? Welcome to the "Cookie Cutter." Of course they're going to have abilities that you have.

I'm just glad it doesn't happen in the real world - imagine how bad it would be if every time someone quit going to the gym, they posted on facebook about it, telling you why.

Well, they might if they knew the proprietors of the gym stood a chance of reading their suggestions/concerns there. Hence, the "Suggestion Box" forum. Seemed an apropos place to make my case.

Is there a suggestion in there? Sounded more like a hollow ultimatum to me.

The suggestion was that they make Level Scaling an optional feature, for those people who wish to keep grinding through content that they've already beaten. I realize there are those who appreciate the feature. I am not one of them. I think the easy way to keep everyone satisfied is by making it optional.

And it's only hollow if I have no intention of following through. And though I realize that my "ultimatum" means next to nothing to the bottom line of a giant, faceless corporation, I still feel the need to voice my complaint. It will be acknowledged or ignored, one way or the other. I can't change that. But I will say it, because I enjoyed this game for a long time, and was really looking forward to getting back into it. Now I do not wish to. C'est la vie.

No it doesn't:

• You actually do get stronger even if your scaled, because of new-learnt abilities, your progress in your skill (talent) tree, gear bonuses etc.
  • Leveling up grants access to more regions (the scaling doesn't work upwards)

Some people complain level sync makes the game too easy, while others think it not fair that you do not 'outgrow' the NPCs. These two points of view cancel eachother out, imho.

Two points:

1. You do get stronger, but not so much as to make it like it used to be.

2. Your two points don't cancel each other out, that isn't how it works. All it means is that both groups are unhappy.

Do you get a lot of people ragequitting a gym then telling you about it? I don't think I've ever seen one - a few of people raving about GOING to the gym, or saying they're sore after a good session (:giggle: ), but they don't usually brag that they don't want to do it anymore so they are giving up.

Tsk. I didn't say that a *lot* of people do it, merely that "nobody" is wrong, too. And of course, they don't tell me about it. I have too many (= not zero) people on my FB friends list who blither about the smallest thing they do to want to add the sort of person who would share the fact that they are ragequitting their gym.

If you were quitting the game, you'd just quit.

And it's only hollow if I have no intention of following through.

Even if you actually do quit, so what? People come and go from online games all the time. It is not possible to make every single player happy.

And though I realize that my "ultimatum" means next to nothing to the bottom line of a giant, faceless corporation, I still feel the need to grandstand for attention.

Fixed..

Edited by branmakmuffin