If you care about your character's romances, don't play.

Cedia

Didn't read the whole thread as I was getting annoyed by the whining about 'missing' the romance start with Lana (or whoever) in KotFE.

However, to add to the information on pre-4.0 romances, I've gone through KotFE with most of my lvl 60 characters now and both that had pre-existing romantic entanglements kept those through the KotFE story. Both male, Jedi Knoght and Trooper (with Kira and Elara respectively). Both were maxed out in affection on all companions prior to 4.0 being released. They got the cutscene interaction with Valkorian and the letter afterwards. Both are very old characters and jave been at level cap (whatever it was at the time) for years). Neither of them selected any flirt type options with any other character in the expansions.

Not posting to gloat or anything, just with a view to expanding on info available

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't read the whole thread as I was getting annoyed by the whining about 'missing' the romance start with Lana (or whoever) in KotFE.

However, to add to the information on pre-4.0 romances, I've gone through KotFE with most of my lvl 60 characters now and both that had pre-existing romantic entanglements kept those through the KotFE story. Both male, Jedi Knoght and Trooper (with Kira and Elara respectively). Both were maxed out in affection on all companions prior to 4.0 being released. They got the cutscene interaction with Valkorian and the letter afterwards. Both are very old characters and jave been at level cap (whatever it was at the time) for years). Neither of them selected any flirt type options with any other character in the expansions.

Not posting to gloat or anything, just with a view to expanding on info available

I just hope some of your luck will rub off on me next time I play through. :)

But we really shouldn't have to rely on luck to play an unbroken game.

I just hope some of your luck will rub off on me next time I play through. :)

But we really shouldn't have to rely on luck to play an unbroken game.

Hopefully :)

And while I've been one of the vocal opponents of the doomsayers here, I do have to say this is one area that I think requires a response, or actually, required a response a while ago. I can deal with bugs, **** happens, I'm an adult. But if story is the focus, this is pretty integral to that story and should be at least acknowledged.

Hopefully :)

And while I've been one of the vocal opponents of the doomsayers here, I do have to say this is one area that I think requires a response, or actually, required a response a while ago. I can deal with bugs, **** happens, I'm an adult. But if story is the focus, this is pretty integral to that story and should be at least acknowledged.

Exactly. They haven't said ANYTHING, after 3 months. So much for story being important, eh BW?

Tait responded to my thread. Here's what he said:

Hey everyone,

We have seen quite a few reports about the Romance system being broken, and I wanted to clarify a few things. A number of the issues being reported are not, in fact, bugged.

The big one is Iresso. While Iresso is not alone in not acknowledging your romance, he has become the name surrounding the whole situation. In this case, there is a bug – the romance variables for some of the pre-KOTFE companions are being improperly assessed, leading to the appearance that they aren’t romanced even if they are. This fix is scheduled for 4.1 but is not finalized yet. What should have occurred is that when you completed Chapter I of Fallen Empire, you would receive a mail from your romance. We believe that this issue is also affecting pre-KOTFE content as well; please let us know once the fix is live if you notice any issues. It is worth pointing out that this change is not retroactive: if you have already started Fallen Empire, you will not receive the letter.

I have also seen mention of not being able to romance one of the new characters (Lana, Theron, Koth) being a bug. As far as we can tell, this is not bugged at this time. In order to romance these characters, you must consistently choose flirt options with them throughout KOTFE (having a relationship with Theron or Lana back in Shadow of Revan also contributes to their romances, but is not required) and you must choose a particular option in Chapter IX to pursue a full romance with one of them. If anyone finds that this is not the case for their character, definitely let us know!

As for Courting gifts, we are aware that they are only able to be consumed by Nico Okarr. At first we thought he was just greedy, but we found out it’s because of the change from Affection to Influence, and the Courting Gifts not making the appropriate swap. This is also scheduled for Game Update 4.1.

Best,

Tait

Hmm, interesting. It seems like whole conversations are being randomly dropped.

So did you have your influence really high with Iresso when you got those jarring stealth romance conversations?

My influence with him was actually very low. I'd never taken him out to do anything and had only done a few of his introductory convos. I had maybe between 2-4 influence with him I think?

Sorry I hadn't checked back, but today was the day our network came out of maintenance mode. (I'm a network engineer) from the holiday, so I ended up being busy.

And based on the quoted post from Tait, looks like I don't need to keep track.