If you care about your character's romances, don't play.

Cedia

It's not worth the frustration to even hope. Yes, in a story-driven game, romances are bugged beyond belief.

And the thread in the Bugs section is over 50 pages long, and was started in October. There has been no word from BioWare.

Don't be fooled like I was. The story is broken.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed out on a chance to romance Lana. Ticket response mentioned that you don't get a second chance after the Cantina scene in KOTFE either...I could do it correctly on an alt, but my main is locked out. I should've waited and studied a walk-through or guide before proceeding on my main...very stupid.

I feel your pain OP.

I missed out on a chance to romance Lana. Ticket response mentioned that you don't get a second chance after the Cantina scene in KOTFE either...I could do it correctly on an alt, but my main is locked out. I should've waited and studied a walk-through or guide before proceeding on my main...very stupid.

I feel your pain OP.

Well that sucks I guess, they should at least revisit the chance on a later quest, after all its only on chapter 9 so far, story is not all out and still in development.

Only missed out on 2 characters so far. Anyway it may give the option to romance some else down the road.

The first time I took my Smuggler and Bounty Hunter through KotFE, their respective romances with Corso and Torian disappeared. No mention in Chapter 2 and no letters.

So I rerolled my Bounty Hunter, finished Corellia and all conversations, and found out that I never got two of his conversations. (Thanks, Youtube!) These conversations are pretty important if you're a Mandalorian. Sure, I could continue with this character, but if it's bugged in one way, why put more time into it when chances are high that KotFE will be bugged too.

Three out of three bugged, BioWare. This is unacceptable. If I wanted to play a regular level + loot MMO, I'd go back to LOTRO and GW2.

Companions and story make this game, but not if they are broken.

Edited by Cedia

It's not worth the frustration to even hope. Yes, in a story-driven game, romances are bugged beyond belief.

And the thread in the Bugs section is over 50 pages long, and was started in October. There has been no word from BioWare.

Don't be fooled like I was. The story is broken.

I agree, I have not levelled a single character doing a vanilla romance since I heard about the bug, so I try to stick with characters who are not doing the vanilla romances but then I see bugs about Lana romances too, so I am paying a subscription for a game where I am very restricted to carry on too far into a game, on a issue that Bioware have not even stated they are even looking at it.

Not a big deal to me. I don't get bothered by romances to a NPC.

For me when I play a game I really immerse myself into the game, not quite to the extent of RP'ing though but something like this really does affect my immersion to the game.

The problem is - it does not happen with all characters (or all accounts) and probably difficult to reproduce. I was lucky so far to get on different characters on different servers all my letters and my low level alts did not suffer from that bug as well (so far, of course).

No, it does not mean the problem should be ignored, but my bet it's about difficulty of reproducing the bug to catch it.

How does not playing help the situation? You've obviously paid for your sub, or you wouldn't be posting here. They have your money. Not playing at this point is like tossing your dollars into the wind.

Perhaps because BW have not mentioned this bug at all and whether a fix would be retroactive, if not levelling will be pointless if romances you did while levelling disappears and are not included within the fix. I don't exactly play to waste my own time if I have to re-level once the bug is fixed.

I'll just reply what I did in the other thread here about my experience with the romance bug, hoping we'll draw the forums staff attention eventually... The bug seems to happen to a lot of people with various classes and romances.

My Sith Warrior romanced Jaesa Willsaam (Dark side) in vanilla (character created in 2011). Never flirted with anyone else. The romance seemingly evaporated when I started KOTFE and I could not tell the emperor that we loved each other (did not receive letter either). Of course I did not know that I was supposed to get this until after I had completed the current chapters... I really, really hope that it can be fixed.

Bioware: please restore our lost romances - or make it a toggle or something.. I feel like my character isn't complete anymore due to this bug :(

The problem is - it does not happen with all characters (or all accounts) and probably difficult to reproduce. I was lucky so far to get on different characters on different servers all my letters and my low level alts did not suffer from that bug as well (so far, of course).

No, it does not mean the problem should be ignored, but my bet it's about difficulty of reproducing the bug to catch it.

If this is the case then they need to start asking us for information, characters who have the problem, when they were levelled influence rank etc.

If they cannot replicate the error then they need to look at the information we can provide and try to track the issue down that way.

How does not playing help the situation? You've obviously paid for your sub, or you wouldn't be posting here. They have your money. Not playing at this point is like tossing your dollars into the wind.

I love this game, and I love the direction that it's going in.

I am staying subbed in the hope that this will be fixed. Basically right now I am heartbroken because choosing a character to play has come down to "which one will be the least bugged" or "do you feel lucky?" instead of actually playing a character that I am devoted to.

Sure, I could reroll my Bounty Hunter AGAIN, and I probably will, but I don't think I'm up to that yet.

BioWare needs to do something about the way that the new influence system has completely screwed up companions. It's not just the romances. As I've said, companion conversations are screwed up too.

I hope they're prepared for the number of angry people who romanced Kaliyo and then when they meet her again the romance is forgotten in the next chapter.

I'm not denying that it's totally screwed up right now. I'm just saying that not playing when you've already paid is just a waste of money IMO.

In some cases, I'm glad it's broken. For example: I have a jugg that ended up with Quinn because he was the only available choice. I'd have been happier to force choke him to the brink of death repeatedly, then tossed him out the airlock.

I'm not denying that it's totally screwed up right now. I'm just saying that not playing when you've already paid is just a waste of money IMO.

It's a waste of time to play a character for weeks to finally find out it is irrevocably bugged.

Not to mention an incredible letdown.

Why play a game if it's not fun? Just because, gosh darnit, I paid for it so I'm going to play no matter what happens? That sounds masochistic to me.

Why play a game if it's not fun?

Counterpoint: I wouldn't play a game that wasn't fun. So why pay for a game that's not fun?

If so many people are outraged over their companions romances, as they were with the big companion nerf, then cancel your subs until it's fixed. (I canceled my sub after the nerf, then re-subbed after they re-boosted them to a tolerable state of effectiveness). Stop giving them your money for something you can't enjoy.

It's a waste of time to play a character for weeks to finally find out it is irrevocably bugged.

Not to mention an incredible letdown.

Why play a game if it's not fun? Just because, gosh darnit, I paid for it so I'm going to play no matter what happens? That sounds masochistic to me.

But are you sure your low level BH is bugged? You say "according to youtube" you missed 2 conversations. But BW changed the way we get our conversations with companions now. Can it be they are still ahead for your BH?

But are you sure your low level BH is bugged? You say "according to youtube" you missed 2 conversations. But BW changed the way we get our conversations with companions now. Can it be they are still ahead for your BH?

All conversations end after your last quest on Corellia. :(

Also, the two conversations that are missing are in the middle of the set. I got the ones both before and after the missing ones.

All conversations end after your last quest on Corellia. :(

Also, the two conversations that are missing are in the middle of the set. I got the ones both before and after the missing ones.

Sorry again, but have to ask it to understand completely - final romance talks are the last 2 talks with your LI, not those in the middle, did you get it? The marriage proposal?

I feel your pain OP.

Ah, yes, that freebie insta-60 token came in handy for me. I ran KotFE first on a Sorc I created with the token, and farked up the cantina conversation, so the poor sod has to make do with just a kiss in a stolen moment. But that meant my main could correctly re-romance Theron as she intended. Well, except that she looked at Lana in the swamp, and that plan went out the window, ambushed by memories of a real-life conversation about something that happened to an old friend.(1) But she locked in the Lana romance instead.

(1) Seriously. I arrived at that scene with the Theron plan firmly fixed in my head for her, and I found that I couldn't do it. I just couldn't click anywhere but on [Flirt].

Sorry again, but have to ask it to understand completely - final romance talks are the last 2 talks with your LI, not those in the middle, did you get it? The marriage proposal?

Yes, I got the marriage proposal. That was the last conversation.

Again, the two I did not get are the ones where Torian explains the Resol'nare and the one where they talk about his shooting ability (not the fade to black that begins with him asking her to give him pointers).

Yes, I got the marriage proposal. That was the last conversation.

Again, the two I did not get are the ones where Torian explains the Resol'nare and the one where they talk about his shooting ability (not the fade to black that begins with him asking her to give him pointers).

But then it is problem of dialogs in general, not romances (thank goodness!). BW cut many dialogs in game (for Heroics, for example), probably those were somehow related (in terms of coding) and got affected or new system of getting conversations missed the trigger, or it is related to specific line in previous dialog (happens in BW games) and if you did not click that particular and unknown line you can not get it - anything is possible.

Has to be fixed for sure (or at least explained, hoped, you sent Bug report) but I would not call romance completely broken. You still might get your letter on THAT character in KOTFE, I would not give up hope. And on next one you know now where to begin to worry and try different options to initiate said dialogs.

Since you are paying anyway... a possibility to investigate the problem (not your job, I know and agree with it! but still)

The worst thing about this is the fact BioWare (specifically you, Tait) hasn't said ANYTHING about this after almost 3 MONTHS.

The first post about this has almost 30k views and over 100 replies. But we still haven't heard anything. When I get HK-55 back, I'm leaving and not resubbing until they fix this.

I've also had this bug happen to me on and off depending on the character

my main gunslinger, who i took in on a gamble, had his romance with risha acknowledged in conversation and he received a letter, so thankfully he is safe.

my inquisitor on the other hand didn't get any dialogue about ashara but he did receive the mail, so i'm not sure about him, but I don't really care about that romance so it's not a total loss if it's gone.

but seriously how has this bug not been acknowledged? I know people have reported this issue and there is a thread about it in the bug reports so its very unlikely that they aren't aware. hopefully they can apply a retroactive fix or i foresee a lot of subs leaving.