Blurred, Diagnal Line across my Screen

ZackyFeet

Hey everyone,

So recently I got a new, brand new HP Pavilion gaming computer to run swtor on. However, when I play and turn a blurry, diagonal line runs across my screen. It is not that big of an issue but I would like to fix it. Does anyone know a solution to this? I don't think its a faulty graphics card or anything like that as I have a brand new Nvidia Geforce GTX card. Also, my refresh rate is at 60 if that matters at all.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Well, that's very vague description, but the first thing I'd do would be to check to see if there's any updated drivers from HP and also, an updated graphics driver from nVidia.

A screenshot of the problem would help.

Btw, the refresh rate (60) matters if it's not the proper refresh rate of your monitor. Most monitors use a 60Hz refresh rate, but it could also be 50 or 75 (or higher).

Edited by JediQuaker

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have the same issue when playing on the laptop.

It seemed to happen with a few older games when playing in fullscreen windowed mode.

The quick&easy solution was switching to fullscreen (not windowed).

Annoying though, I tab out a lot while waiting for gf/wz pops &while I'm out I can't easily tell if I got a pop by hovering over the application tab in the taskbar to see a mini-window of the game (as I'm able to do in windowed mode).

Also the few seconds of blackscreen when getting back in the game can be quite frustrating.

• 11 months later...

Same issue! Just got a new gaming laptop ( Asus GL753V) and game runs beautifully, except for the occasional diagonal blurry line. Glad it's not just me and glad it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue. I'll have to try out the fullscreen fix. I believe I remember having to go windowed in order to fix a resolution issue though.

Thanks for posting this thread! It makes me feel better about the issue.

I have had a ton of artifacting in game lately. (Artifacting is where you will suddenly see weird crazy lines start appearing randomly in a game, the usually last for fractions of a second and disappear).

Usually it is related to your graphics card overheating, and while SWTOR runs your card hot, I don't think thats the problem.

I did recently switch to Window Mode so I wonder if that is the problem. Either way its really annoying, it doesn't kill the game, but its jarring every 30 seconds when running around for just random line/lines to just shoot across the screen.

I have had a ton of artifacting in game lately. (Artifacting is where you will suddenly see weird crazy lines start appearing randomly in a game, the usually last for fractions of a second and disappear).

Usually it is related to your graphics card overheating, and while SWTOR runs your card hot, I don't think thats the problem.

I did recently switch to Window Mode so I wonder if that is the problem. Either way its really annoying, it doesn't kill the game, but its jarring every 30 seconds when running around for just random line/lines to just shoot across the screen.

The problem seems to occur when enemies or npc's enter the rendering bubble around your character. It looks like the enemy or npc just got sucked trough a pixellated wormhole, all stretched out just before completely rendering.

This happens more often in wide open spaces like Tatooine, Hoth and Alderaan to name a few examples.

• 7 months later...

This is interesting. I get this occasionally in various areas, but it happens all the time when I'm doing stuff on Balmorra, especially in the H2 'Comrades in Arms' area. I play in windowed mode however a friend plays in full screen & he has the same problem. He thinks its an issue with the way the game runs. It would be good to know what causes this.

This is interesting. I get this occasionally in various areas, but it happens all the time when I'm doing stuff on Balmorra, especially in the H2 'Comrades in Arms' area. I play in windowed mode however a friend plays in full screen & he has the same problem. He thinks its an issue with the way the game runs. It would be good to know what causes this.

Well, my lappy isn't exactly a powerhouse so that may be a factor. I haven't checked the game out in windowed as I never get an urge to tab out while playing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.