The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why do you think they underpowered Grevious in TCW?

adormitul

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you act as if Grevious being that skilled is a personal thing for you? He is more or less the same character with the same skills in both the cartoon and the other CW series. Books included.

What do you have to lose if he is turns out to be not ''that'' good? Or if the Jedi of his era are not ''that'' good too, hence why he was able to own so many of them?

I see your point but in his defense when something that has been Star Wars for you for years is made irrelevant and the old books and comics you loved are now called "fan fiction" by the company that produced them in favor the Disney SW who believe the stories we've had for years were just to tide us over till Disney came along and said "now we will show you why we are better" by wiping everything and giving us bland and almost plotless stories in their novels and say this is it, we have arrived now, i'd be bitter too

Granted i'm not a big fan of the EU that took place in the main movies timeline but thats just me, and the post rotj needed wiped imho. I'm glad they brought the characters back "down to earth" for lack of better term instead of the Jedi Gods we have been shown before. But if you're gonna replace the SW we had for years before Disney...give us good stories. I loved ep 7 but the new reading material other than the Vader comic has failed to hold my attention. Dont get me started on Rebels...

I dont like grievous either but he obviously does. nothing wrong with that

but TCW grievous is THE grievous now. hes just a villain. not a unstoppable jedi killer

you won't find an argument from me there

Edited by Kaedusz

You know lets say we are talking about the legends Grevious and TCW is part of legends also look at the Ones and Abeloth and that proves my claim. It was created before Disney bought the license.

So we know droids do not have the force but for some reason they can be lifted and crushed and pushed granted but they can not be felt they have no force in the end. That is why HK-47 was such a good jedi slayer they could not be sensed until it was to late.

Grevious is a good part droid and was really hard to kill because of that because they can not use their battle precognition against him because they can not sense him. Think the Vong just not a *****torm of inconsistency.

You know lets say we are talking about the legends Grevious and TCW is part of legends also look at the Ones and Abeloth and that proves my claim. It was created before Disney bought the license.

So we know droids do not have the force but for some reason they can be lifted and crushed and pushed granted but they can not be felt they have no force in the end. That is why HK-47 was such a good jedi slayer they could not be sensed until it was to late.

Grevious is a good part droid and was really hard to kill because of that because they can not use their battle precognition against him because they can not sense him. Think the Vong just not a *****torm of inconsistency.

Am pretty sure Grevious was a cryborg and had his Keelish Brain so Battle precorg will still work on him.

I actually think the Clone Wars Grievous is still pretty bada*s. He isn't the insanely overpowerd fighting machine he is in some other EU material, no. And yes the loss against the gungans was humiliating but hey everyone has his bad moments. I mean Boba Fett was defeated by a blind guy who accidentially tripped him into a Sarlaacc once. These kind of things just happen ;)

Anyways Grievous still kicks quite some a*s. I mean everytime he faces Obi Wan he basically dominates the entire duel long until Obi Wan (in classic Star Wars protagonist fashion) a*spulls some sort move that makes Grievous flee even though Obi Wan was on the brink of defeat beforehand.

He didn't loose against Ashoka either. Both times he was toying with her. The first time he won and was just choking her to death before he was distracted by an explosion. The second time she ran away after being outmatched.

Edited by fovzwk