The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Credit Cap Unlock

Doc-Eldritch

With how prices and inflation have gone up, the current caps for Preferred and F2P players only hurt the economy, since they can rarely buy things at most current GTN prices.

My suggestion would be to create a GTN item, similar to the inventory modules and cargo modules.

Have each one increase the credit cap by 500,000 credits. Can be applied multiple times. Priced reasonably (200-300 CC), I think they would be a big seller.

While I agree that there should be a cartel market purchase that raises the credit cap, there still should be a cap to which it can be raised.

Also, 500k per upgrade seems large considering that the base cap is 200k/350k for f2p/preferred.

Maybe they should sub and then they could afford stuff. :cool:

Another case of people wanting everything for nothing. :mad:

That's really not how this works, these people BUY cartel stuff and other things from the GTN which previously was bought by others. Thus they do pay, except indirectly. There's little reason why Bioware would want to put a stop to that, it's making them money and keeps the game going.

Add to that that even f2p and prefered are giving others people to play with, do flashpoints etc. Nobody should want them gone. I really can't wrap my head around this hate towards them, it's baffling and completely misplaced.

I've commented on this before, but basically the current Preferred requirement is that you need to have spent $5.

Now, if they changed that to $100, I could see them removing some of the Preferred limitations.

You'd get the new and improved status just by staying subbed for 8 months.

That's really not how this works, these people BUY cartel stuff and other things from the GTN which previously was bought by others. Thus they do pay, except indirectly. There's little reason why Bioware would want to put a stop to that, it's making them money and keeps the game going.

Add to that that even f2p and prefered are giving others people to play with, do flashpoints etc. Nobody should want them gone. I really can't wrap my head around this hate towards them, it's baffling and completely misplaced.

I never stated that they shouldn't be able to play the game. Where did that come from?

I simply stated that if they want to remove restrictions (which are perfectly justified) then all they need to do is sub.

By all means, keep playing for free... but don't whine about it when you aren't paying for the product.

I've commented on this before, but basically the current Preferred requirement is that you need to have spent $5.

Now, if they changed that to $100, I could see them removing some of the Preferred limitations.

You'd get the new and improved status just by staying subbed for 8 months.

I like this idea. They could also tie it in to our Legacy - perhaps have an unlock for reaching Legacy level 50?