Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Cyankee

turn off chat temporarily until you see it. There's a half-square triangle shape that will hide chat box.

I haven't seen the force awakens yet either, and I'm taking precautions.

^ This... I just saw it this weekend, but before I did I turned chat off completely, because I knew that was going to happen...

Spoiler Alert:

SW:TFA has... Lightsabers in it!

The movie has been out for a few days already so you should get over it. It is not against the rules to talk about released movies so you can either disable chat or cry about something you have complete control over. ;)

And the whole of Star Wars fandom can pile into the theaters to see it in the space of "a few days", right?

Grow up and learn some consideration for others. BW has already issued warnings against spoilers, requesting that caution be used for at least the first few weeks. If courtesy towards others is not enough motivation to prevent spoilers, then official statements by BW should be sufficient reason. If players can't abide by that, then they deserve whatever repercussions BW sees fit to dish out.

And the whole of Star Wars fandom can pile into the theaters to see it in the space of "a few days", right?

Grow up and learn some consideration for others. BW has already issued warnings against spoilers, requesting that caution be used for at least the first few weeks. If courtesy towards others is not enough motivation to prevent spoilers, then official statements by BW should be sufficient reason. If players can't abide by that, then they deserve whatever repercussions BW sees fit to dish out.

It doesn't matter. No one has to filter their thoughts and opinions on something just because someone is too busy or lazy or whatever to go see it. This isn't communist china where you can stifle someone's freedom to speech and expression no matter how much you want it to be. Bioware isn't going to ban anyone over this, I guarantee it.

Edited by Skaara

It doesn't matter. No one has to filter their thoughts and opinions on something just because someone is too busy or lazy or whatever to go see it. This isn't communist china where you can stifle someone's freedom to speech and expression no matter how much you want it to be. Bioware isn't going to ban anyone over this, I guarantee it.

There also is no freedom of speech here either. Freedom of speech only means the government can't censor you, it has nothing to do with what private persons or businesses choose to do on private forums they control.

There also is no freedom of speech here either. Freedom of speech only means the government can't censor you, it has nothing to do with what private persons or businesses choose to do on private forums they control.

Then we will just wait and see if they ban anyone. They won't but if it helps you feel better than believe whatever you want. They already had to lock content behind a paywall because they are desperate for subs.

Edited by Skaara

Then we will just wait and see if they ban anyone. They won't but if it helps you feel better than believe whatever you want. They already had to lock content behind a paywall because they are desperate for subs.

Just because they won't ban anyone doesn't mean it isn't a jerk move.

Being "technically" ok is usually just code for "I'm a selfish jerk who likes to do things that hurt other people."

Be cool. :cool:

Just because they won't ban anyone doesn't mean it isn't a jerk move.

Being "technically" ok is usually just code for "I'm a selfish jerk who likes to do things that hurt other people."

Be cool. :cool:

Pretty much.

I would never mention anything in General Chat or on these forums regarding the new movie, unless it was a "Spoiler Thread".

If anything, people not wanting to know what occurs in the new flick should avoid the internet until they've seen it, or browse cautiously and avoid General Chat.

Regarding the ban, not gonna happen.

Pretty much.

I would never mention anything in General Chat or on these forums regarding the new movie, unless it was a "Spoiler Thread".

If anything, people not wanting to know what occurs in the new flick should avoid the internet until they've seen it, or browse cautiously and avoid General Chat.

Regarding the ban, not gonna happen.

Yep. I avoided it until noon on Friday, when I saw the movie. Of course, I absolutely will not ruin it for anyone. Why people gotta be like that?